Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, st martin said:

In all fairness if the market value of Tielemans is £60 million, then a 50 - 50 split giving Monaco £30 million for Tielemans plus Silva

Errrr not quite right there. I think i'll have to work it out again. "My mother had it,I never had it":)

Edited by st martin
mistake

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

You have to consider the human element though. Silva is right for monaco as much as tielemans is right for us.

Now that is true, but they’re cnuts, they sold us a Ghezzal with the pace of an elephant turd. 

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Wouldn't be getting worked up about Tielemans until next week. Monaco won't be agreeing anything until the relegation battle is over.

Last game of the season is tonight, but for Monaco to be in the relegation play-off would require them to lose and both Amiens and Caen to win, with a goal difference swing of +7 in favour of Caen. Given who the teams are facing* it's not completely out of the question that they go down, but at the moment its looking unlikely. We'll know by 10pm this evening either way.

*Amiens home against bottom-of-the-table Guingamp, Caen home against Bordeaux (safe 14th, run of 5 losses), Monaco away against Nice (8th). Nothing to play for for any of the opposition.

Even once the season is over there'll still be a lot to unpack for Monaco who would've expected better this year, and the international transfer window doesn't even open for another few weeks. Imagine we won't hear anything concrete until then, and wouldn't be surprised if it gets dragged out even longer. 

On 23/05/2019 at 12:13, Babylon said:

It's really quite simple, if we have shit loads of cash to spend. Then close to £40m (presuming some of that is offset by Silva) is a complete no brainer. We've tasted the product and seen how good it is. If you can afford  it and it's exactly what you want then just pay the cash. 

Sure, there is the possibility that the scouts have seen another player who is unreal and looks a bargain in comparison. But there are vastly more risks involved in those signings, as they won't be tried and tested in our league or our team. So you weigh up what the finances allow and what the risk / reward is. 

If we can't afford it or it doesn't work in terms of all round squad building, then you need to look at cheaper options that allow you to strengthen say three positions than just one. 

There is no one answer to the problem. 

This is a reasonable point if the 40 million simply isnt there, that is not something I will argue with, I think FIF tho is trying to say there is a scout (which he doesnt seem to want to name, so I am not even convinced until he does so that such a scout exists) that is saying monaco's valuation is too high.

I think we could get away with just two signings this window, any signing's other than tieleman could be loan deals or out of contract players, as I think he is the only key player we need to bring in, the second most important is probably a backup striker, and whilst it would be nice to get others after that I dont think they important.  Keep the squad stable as its pretty good right now, dont spend money just for the sake of spending it, but spend it wisely.

23 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’ve said it a few times already but I think we should offer Monaco the package of £40m but with the deal consisting of £25m cash, £10m from Silva going the other way & £5m Loan fee having Soyuncu for the season.

In what world would any team pay a £5m loan fee for Soyuncu? (or even value it as that, in terms of this proposed deal).

Never.

4 hours ago, FIF said:

The thread that keeps on giving.

Tielemans is worth so much more to us because he works in our system but he didn't in Monaco's. Silva is not worth so much more to them because he works in their system and he didn't in ours.

I suppose it depends on who's willing to pay the most for him. With Tieleman, we get a young player with tremendous potential sell on value. Even if Monaco were only quoted a price of 10m for Silva, is a player probably with a couple of seasons left in him, no resale value, worth 5m a season plus no doubt a big wage packet as he's not going to want to take much of a wage hit? I wouldn't want him here. They'd be better investing 10m on a bit younger player with less of a wage claim I think.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I suppose it depends on who's willing to pay the most for him. With Tieleman, we get a young player with tremendous potential sell on value. Even if Monaco were only quoted a price of 10m for Silva, is a player probably with a couple of seasons left in him, no resale value, worth 5m a season plus no doubt a big wage packet as he's not going to want to take much of a wage hit? I wouldn't want him here. They'd be better investing 10m on a bit younger player with less of a wage claim I think.

It's why I'm surprised they are targeting Silva over a player like mendy. An ex-player of theirs who knows the club and would have a sell on value while being much more of a runner to assist fabregas. 

21 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

It's why I'm surprised they are targeting Silva over a player like mendy. An ex-player of theirs who knows the club and would have a sell on value while being much more of a runner to assist fabregas. 

Not even thought of that, it would make much more sense. We'd better keep it quiet. I wouldn't be too surprised at the end of the season if they stay up, which they should, that they've just strung Silva along to get good performances out of him and they 'suddenly decide' for whatever seemingly good reason they come up with, that unfortunately he's not in their future plans and then try and get as much hard cash for Tielemans as they can. I know I would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can we rename this thread to the "Tielemans (My opinion is better than yours)" thread

Bit long, but a damn sight more accurate.

Who would have thought different people would have different opinions on a discussion forum?  Bizarre.

Whatever next?  Bears shitting in the woods?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Who would have thought different people would have different opinions on a discussion forum?  Bizarre.

Whatever next?  Bears shitting in the woods?

I know! It’s absolute pandemonium in here! :)

Monaco losing 1-0 at half time but so are Caen ....  (who also need a six goal swing ) .....

EDIT: Monaco 0-2 but Caen still losing 0-1. So ten minutes left for caen to score twice and Monaco to concede another three if they are to be relegated ....... seems unlikely to me .....

EDIT 2: Monaco survive ......... (as expected)

we we can sign Youri tomorrow ....... 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just nick Grealish off Villa when they don't come up and tell Tielemans to p1ss off ...     :)

Villa would more than likely look for £40m for Grealish anyway! They turned down £25m from Spurs last summer. Would rather spend £40m on Tielemans than Grealish. Grealish is undoubtedly talented but very overpriced 

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Villa would more than likely look for £40m for Grealish anyway! They turned down £25m from Spurs last summer. Would rather spend £40m on Tielemans than Grealish. Grealish is undoubtedly talented but very overpriced 

sessegnon had a great season the the Championship, didnt look great in the PL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

sessegnon had a great season the the Championship, didnt look great in the PL

It was Sessegnon's first season in the top flight. Players sometimes need time to adjust to a higher level. Look at Vardy for example, both in the Championship and Premier League. Sessegnon is still an outstanding young prospect.

• Like 1