Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think we will get Tielemans. Unless Eriksen leaves Spurs, can't see a more attractive destination in the PL for him (going by his own criteria). 

Insert joke about Spurs being a shit club here

I spoke to a Spurs-supporting colleague yesterday who is convinced that they're getting both Maddison and Tielmans. Nothing I said could persuade him otherwise.

Sample quote: "£50m for Maddison would be too much money for a club like Leicester to turn down..."

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

True on Kanté. However the club thought quickly on that, got the transfer fee up, had the deal sorted as soon as possible and they always had the back-up of Champions League income. 

Drinkwater and Mahrez had already made intentions clear way before they went. Pair of them signing new contracts as City made them a reassurance. Drinkwater went once we (thought at the time) got Silva. Mahrez we put off until we had Maddison done. 

Surprise, surprise look at what players have recently signed contracts. 

This is a good point I think we thought we'd lose Maguire last summer hence getting 2 centre backs in then he ended up staying.

Chilwell signed a new deal but think he'll stay unless promised 1st choice left back at new club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I spoke to a Spurs-supporting colleague yesterday who is convinced that they're getting both Maddison and Tielmans. Nothing I said could persuade him otherwise.

Sample quote: "£50m for Maddison would be too much money for a club like Leicester to turn down..."

Idiots abound... We've turned down plenty of huge offers (65 million for Maguire, 90 million for Mahrez) because we weren't ready to let our players go. What on earth makes him think we'd let Maddison go for 50 million when we could develop him another 1-2 years and get closer to double that? If anyone leaves this summer, it's Maguire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Monaco actually won a game. Looks like they'll stay up this season.

Not sure if this is good or bad for us to be honest. They're very highly likely to sell Tielemans either way. At least now we can entertain the possibility of using Silva as a bargaining chip to go the other way.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Not sure if this is good or bad for us to be honest. They're very highly likely to sell Tielemans either way. At least now we can entertain the possibility of using Silva as a bargaining chip to go the other way.

I think of the two scenarios this the fact they stay up, would be better as you say they can give consideration to keeping Silva in some capacity. 

i'm not sure if its been mentioned, but whats the situ with Jardim? i know he came back to get them out of trouble, and he looks to have done that, just, but is there a chance he will go again in the summer, with a new manager coming in? maybe Youri could review his options further if that were to happen.

1 minute ago, JJS84 said:

I think of the two scenarios this the fact they stay up, would be better as you say they can give consideration to keeping Silva in some capacity. 

i'm not sure if its been mentioned, but whats the situ with Jardim? i know he came back to get them out of trouble, and he looks to have done that, just, but is there a chance he will go again in the summer, with a new manager coming in? maybe Youri could review his options further if that were to happen.

I doubt the Monaco board would go through the embarrassment of sacking him (at great expense) then reinstating him, only to sack him at great expense again. That said, you never know.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I doubt the Monaco board would go through the embarrassment of sacking him (at great expense) then reinstating him, only to sack him at great expense again. That said, you never know.

no, I agree it is highly unlikely, that said the board are going to want significantly better next season, so i suppose its where they see that improvement coming from. New man in charge, or a squad overhaul?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Spurs and arsenal have been both crippled on transfer spending.  Because they paying those debts.  That is two clubs with much more wealth than ourselves, yet you somehow think we wont be affected, one of the loans has the payments for mahrez going direct to the bank so the club wont see that money, and the other is secured against our next 2 seasons TV money, obviously this affects our ability to spend.

Over the past 3 windows our net spend has been 25 million combined, our last filed accounts have circa 1 million profit.

This is the reality, unless king power go against what they have been doing in recent seasons the money isnt there for splashing the cash on players without sales.

You're kinda missing the point of what i'm saying.  i haven't said that KP are splashing the cash or otherwise - although i have asked whether thats ever actually been confirmed.  I've simply said that you (and others) are putting way too much emphasis on the development facility in the grand scheme of things in regards to King Power's long term investment in the club.  it's a means to an end and doesnt really reflect how much money KP are going to put in to the club.

15 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Actually its a payday type loan that will be paid off in 2 years,  All we have done is brought forward 2 years of TV payments.  There is no long term deferral of costs.  

If you want to look at it simplistically, yes, we borrow money and have to pay it back at a later date but thats the same in regards to any loan.  What this is, is a development facility (and also happens to be my day job!). Think of it as a self build mortgage. when you take out a SBM, you agree the amount (the build cost + a possible advance on any land value + any fees the bank charges + the amount of interest they are likely to accrue during the term), the stages in which they'll hand you the money (i.e. as the project progresses, they'll give you the money to pay for it), the term - maybe its 35 years for your mortgage, and as part of the banks due diligence, the bank want to make sure that you/your other half earn enough to cover your monthly payments which when all added up over the course of the term, will have paid everything back. Your wage in this example, is the clubs TV monies, the amount is apparently £100m and the term is 2 years.  Development Finance is more expensive in terms of interest and fees than usual borrowing (sometimes upwards of 12-15%). So if the club has a longer term, they need need to factor in a larger interest roll up, which means higher fees (these are usually linked to overall facility amount) so its sensible to keep the term short (but not too short that it isn't built by the end).  Once the training ground is completed, the club have 2 options:

A. refinance on to a commercial mortgage (you'd struggle to get a long term mortgage on a project that hasn't yet been built so it has to be done this way) moving the debt from the current lender, to another cheaper more long term option.  effectively remortgaging your house to a different lender.

or

B. Pay the bank back with cold hard cash in the form of sold players or TV revenue as outlined in the agreement.

Crucially, the banks are not bothered where the money comes from - so long as they get their money, fees, and interest they couldn't care less where it comes from - they've made their money.  Most importantly, if the club do nothing, then the bank can AND WILL exercise their charge over our prize money as outlined in the agreement.  This is like the caveat on your mortgage application that says "failure to keep up with repayments may result in your house being repossessed".  to the bank, our premier league earnings are much better to hold as security than the asset of the training ground as its cash - sat there waiting.  

If you want to see this in action, go take a look at ANY of the development projects happening in London/Birmingham/Manchester right now - almost every single one of them will be funded in this way regardless of how much money the parent company has in their bank account.  It's a means to fund a development - nothing more.  If it has a 2 year term, thats how long the club and the Main Contractor expect it to take to complete the project to Practical Completion. 

The problem is that you are looking at this as if you were to nip down to Wonga and borrow some cash to buy a TV, when in reality it's just not the same.  The procurement of development finance, and commercial/construction finance in general is a completely different kettle of fish.  They are lending money against a construction project, which will be drawn down from the bank as and when the contractor makes their interim applications for payment. 

I'm simply saying that King Power's willingness to pump cash in to the club, and the development facility are mutually exclusive.  Just because one is in place, it doesn't necessarily mean anything in relation to the other.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don't be silly Spurs don't have £50m to spend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Monaco's Portuguese manager Jardim is really fond of Adrien Silva, he wanted to sign him a few years.

So if Jardim stays at the end of this disastrous season for Monaco, it's very likely Monaco will try to sign Silva on a permanent deal, which increases the chances of Leicester to sign Tielemans

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I would say their stadium debt compared to their income is more manageable than our debt for ground expansion and training complex. In short they financially stronger than us.  Also their profits are way healthier.

That's because Levy is extremely shrewd. I don't think that's going to change any time soon with the stadium costs they will only spend if they get good transfer fees but their highest priority will be keeping who and what they have.

1 hour ago, Tommo220 said:

I'm simply saying that King Power's willingness to pump cash in to the club, and the development facility are mutually exclusive.  Just because one is in place, it doesn't necessarily mean anything in relation to the other.

But King Power have shown no willingness to put money into the club since promotion, which is the point people are making. Ergo, if things keep going as they have been for the past 6 years then these development projects will clearly have an impact on budgets and what's available to spend. I'm not sure anyone has actually made a link between these projects and that impacting any investment by Kingpower, because said investment is nothing more than rumour at this point.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

No way we are going to goto £40m which is what  they have quoted us. We are Looking at around half that with add-ons. As I said also before BR is not against Silva returning for pre-season. 

This is going to drag as Monaco are no doubt waiting for a bidding war but We are not going to be paying what they are asking. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

No way we are going to goto £40m which is what  they have quoted us. We are Looking at around half that with add-ons. As I said also before BR is not against Silva returning for pre-season. 

This is going to drag as Monaco are no doubt waiting for a bidding war but We are not going to be paying what they are asking. 

If that’s true

id say we have no chance of getting him for that kinda of money

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If that’s true

id say we have no chance of getting him for that kinda of money

If it's true, then we are stupid.

I keep hearing about Maguire being valued between £60m and £75m, yet we value a player that has proven himself the difference maker to our team at just £20m?  Less than Monaco paid for him.

Buffoonery.  We deserve to start next season with Silva if that is true.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3