Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm not in disagreement with reasons for wanting him and all the potential bonuses, I think on the surface they are sound. But, if just for example they decide to ignore any offers for any of our players in order to keep our current squad together, they may just feel that 40m on one player doesn't for them represent good value. I don't necessarily agree with that but they will probably have sound business reasons and a vision behind that which we aren't privy to. It's their money and their decision and although I'd be disappointed,  I'd just accept it and think nothing less of them for it. Ambition is one thing, paying for it is another. 

OK, well let's look at it another way. 

We know that the glaring weakness in our team is centre mid so surely we will be in the market for one anyway. 

Given the way the market is, i really can't see us spending any less than £25m on such a player.  That means a difference of only £15m for proven quality.  The kind of money we have thrown around on squad cover (Ghezzal/Ward) only last year but this kid could become world class.

Even if I try to look at this through the eyes of the meanest club bean counter, it still makes perfect sense to me as a n investment.

We may not get him as he might get a better offer but if we fail because we are too timid it will rank as another transfer disaster in my opinion.

• Like 3

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Any reason we've seen 3 pages in 2 hours?

Saw hot topic and thought something happened. Usual poo fest. Onwards and forwards or backwards. Whatever.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Let me guess, some poster said something like:

My nan's dog's sister's owner is Lee Congerton's wife and overheard that we're signing Tielemans for 20 million euros plus Silva

Cue eruption

More like mind readers, seuth sayers and abacus beads a plenty!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Man City is plain obscene... I imagine that wolves owners will be well pissed off looking at that graph !! 

I dont know what to make of it, because my feeling is if there was no owners investing in the game, then man utd would be making the EPL like the SPL a one horse race, their operations funding is way ahead.

If you think the EPL is a closed shop now, imagine it with no owner investment, us and blackburn probably would have not got our titles.  Chelsea probably none, so would be split between man utd, arsenal and possibly liverpool.

So I am fine with owner investment, but the owner has to be prepared to cover liabilities, I am not ok with external loans or owners putting clubs into admin.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It's not though is it? Monaco absolute ****ed themselves when they loaned him to us. That move showed they didn't value him, just because he did well for half a season doesn't mean we should instantly pay their new valuation now they've realised they screwed up.

As i've said before, there's clearly still fitness issues there and a tendency to have a run of off games (half the reason he was loaned out in the first place!)

We'd actually be stupid to bow down to £40m up front straight away! No reason why £20m + significant add ons isn't reasonable, it's just us doing our diligance on a player we're not actually 100% sure on yet, no matter how well he settled in. 

Rather pay 40million for him, than miss out on him and then spend less on unproven unknown dross.

The way I see it is 40 million on a known quantity is better than less on something that has no value.  e.g. I bet we couldnt sell nacho for even 1/4 of what we paid for him if we tried to.

If we try to haggle and waste time on tielemans we wont get him.  Also it will mess up pre season preparations by not bringing in players early.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont know what to make of it, because my feeling is if there was no owners investing in the game, then man utd would be making the EPL like the SPL a one horse race, their operations funding is way ahead.

If you think the EPL is a closed shop now, imagine it with no owner investment, us and blackburn probably would have not got our titles.  Chelsea probably none, so would be split between man utd, arsenal and possibly liverpool.

So I am fine with owner investment, but the owner has to be prepared to cover liabilities, I am not ok with external loans or owners putting clubs into admin.

We have had external loans to pay off the new training ground...

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

OK, well let's look at it another way. 

We know that the glaring weakness in our team is centre mid so surely we will be in the market for one anyway. 

Given the way the market is, i really can't see us spending any less than £25m on such a player.  That means a difference of only £15m for proven quality.  The kind of money we have thrown around on squad cover (Ghezzal/Ward) only last year but this kid could become world class.

Even if I try to look at this through the eyes of the meanest club bean counter, it still makes perfect sense to me as a n investment.

We may not get him as he might get a better offer but if we fail because we are too timid it will rank as another transfer disaster in my opinion.

This simply.

We may not get him because another club could come in and outbid us or he may get a better offer and choose to go elsewhere - Those outcomes would be tough to take but fair play we tried, got outbid/couldn't compete but if this £40m being banded about is the true asking price and we don't get him because we're too bloody minded to pay it yet you compare the money we've spunked away on absolute shite in recent windows, i'm sorry but that whole scenario would be a disgrace.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Let me guess, some poster said something like:

My nan's dog's sister's owner is Lee Congerton's wife and overheard that we're signing Tielemans for 20 million euros plus Silva

Cue eruption

Mighty Fin (ITK) said we are not willing to meet Monaco's valuation.

At least the place has come alive a bit.  Transfer talk is no place for calm heads and balanced  views.  I always enjoy a bit of transfer mania.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Wow this post after you listed the turd Sunderland signings as decent, really is too much.

They loaned him to arguably the best League in world football, where he has produced dynamic displays for the majority of his time added goals and assists to a team outside the top 6.

As opposed to keeping him in a Monaco team that battled relegation, yep they really shot themselves in the foot by making a players value go up with plenty more suitors being linked in the press prior to the previous window.

It’s all just opinion mate, I certainly wouldn’t have a go at yours if it was put across in a readable and thought out way so not sure why you should? 

The sunderland signings weren’t put on there to say Congerton had done a good job, I’m convinced half the people who had a go at me didn’t even read it! They were put there to show he was rarely working under a manager who was a) sane or b) would listen to him. 

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

At least the place has come alive a bit.  Transfer talk is no place for calm heads and balanced  views.  I always enjoy a bit of transfer mania.

A typical poster on the transfer forum

Image result for panic gif

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

40million is ridiculous 

We should be demanding Money and Youri for departing with Silva 

:frantics:

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

If our owners invested like the Glazers at United, we would be in League One.

In terms of cash financing, only Man City, Chelsea and Bournemouth have had a higher proportion of owner financing (as opposed to funds generated from operations) than us in the last decade.

Much of it was to bring us back from the brink, rather than continue to spend our way to the top.  But Top & family have put major skin in the game.

1332891433_PLsource2.thumb.JPG.1edf97bf0495fcff2686f49cd9365aee.JPG

footnote: not a penny of Kroenke's money been used to fund Arsenal  lol

Man City is ****ing obscene. And they get triggered when people like True Geordie mention the obscene money they've spent. Arsenal are on the other extreme side, unfortunately for them. Kroenke is leeching off the club.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

*Mighty Fin (ITK)* said we are not willing to meet Monaco's valuation.

*Mighty Fin (pretends to be in the know)* :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Mark what's this? 

Can't open it myself either, but it was on NewsNow

Leicester City closing in on top targets, Bayern Munich and Monaco stars, deals can be completed in a day or two

A whisper today says that a deal is completed to bring Youri Tielemans to Leicester City. What the club will be paying or if any other players are going the opposite way is not yet known.

The fact that both player and club has seen this relationship as one very positive is of course well known. The hurdle can be to get it right regarding the price, believed to be in the region of £40million, and at the same time make a package that would be good for all parties.

Edited by Nickbluefox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickbluefox said:

Leicester City closing in on top targets, Bayern Munich and Monaco stars, deals can be completed in a day or two

A whisper today says that a deal is completed to bring Youri Tielemans to Leicester City. What the club will be paying or if any other players are going the opposite way is not yet known.

The fact that both player and club has seen this relationship as one very positive is of course well known. The hurdle can be to get it right regarding the price, believed to be in the region of £40million, and at the same time make a package that would be good for all parties.

Came here to post the same ... but i have no clue how credible the source is but the full link is here. 

https://filbertway.com/2019/05/21/leicester-city-closing-in-on-top-targets-bayern-munich-and-monaco-stars-deals-can-be-completed-in-a-day-or-two/

I'm all out for going its a totally credible source and the journo reporting it, is a proper ITK. :P Excited!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nickbluefox said:

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Came here to post the same ... but i have no clue how credible the source is but the full link is here. 

https://filbertway.com/2019/05/21/leicester-city-closing-in-on-top-targets-bayern-munich-and-monaco-stars-deals-can-be-completed-in-a-day-or-two/

I'm all out for going its a totally credible source and the journo reporting it, is a proper ITK. :P Excited!

That’s the Cunning Fox, who used to be the Scandinavian Supporters Club and have been around for 20 years. For ages it was at norfox.net and used to be very up to date with LCFC stuff. 

• Like 1