Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Christchurch

10 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

What annoys me is people calling this a “shooting” and not a terrorist attack. I hate this world so much. 

The NZ prime minister is calling it a terrorist attack

But really I don't get upset about the definition of terrorism. People murdering people is bad. Whether it is suicide bombers on the tube, a Norwegian lunatic or this nobhead, it is still mass murder

• Like 1

Horrifying, terrible, tragic...one rather runs out of adjectives after a while. I hope that the families and loved ones of the victims can at least find a small measure of peace.

However, when you have prominent government figures in a lot of places either ignoring the problem or flat-out encouraging it in an entirely deniable fashion (that press release above only one example), then it's an awful, sad reality.

4 hours ago, OzFox said:

Having seen the video I'm surprised it's not more.

Even though i work for the media I really wish we wouldn't publicise these twats. Every time we show their image, quote their 'manifesto' etc all it does is encourage them and others like them.

I can see where you're coming from, but might I suggest a counterpoint based on the above: every time one of these death-worshipping fascists writes a screed saying exactly who inspired them before opening fire and the media publishes it afterwards, the less and less of a deniable figleaf those people have to hide behind. And if there's anything that can be gained from this terrible event, it's that.

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don’t understand how someone can be so utterly hateful that they could plan and carry out a terrorist attack against innocent people. Just ****ing evil. 

36 minutes ago, PloTok said:

I often wonder if 'true evil' exists as opposed to some kind of psychosis or somesuch. Incidents like this tells me it does. 

I'm inclined to think that evil is a name for what people do rather than what they are, but IMO this certainly was not an act of psychosis (know that wasn't being suggested here), rather a calculated, rational attempt by an irregular soldier for a cause to achieve an objective: namely, incite a race war resulting in a white ethnostate across vast swathes of the globe. Whether you believe that objective to be nuts (and there's certainly a big argument for that) depends on the beholder, I guess.

Dismissing guys like these as crazy dismisses and marginalises the problem they represent.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not trying to jump to conclusions already, but let's wait what the investigation and trial uncover.

ISIS kill in the name of Islam, these people, these extremists all share a common belief, have been indoctrinated by religious leaders and passages in a certain book and operate in hordes, hardly ever alone - it remains to be seen whether the sicko in Christchurch acted on his own or not.

Thoughts with and prayers to all the families and people directly affected by this tragedy in New Zealand.

I wonder...how much blood must be spilled by white supremacists before it is accepted that such beliefs are unified, co-ordinated - if not by communication, then at least by belief - and are in fact a problem that needs a response different to what is being done now?

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 4

Guest Harrydc
16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Personally I'm more annoyed about loads of people getting shot.

Dont put words in my mouth. I think it’s obvious that Im upset about the  deaths, and my thoughts and prayers  goes out to the victims, and the family’s effected by this tragic event. 

My point was, that terrorism doesn’t have a race. This was a terrorist attack. 

Edited by Harrydc

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The NZ prime minister is calling it a terrorist attack

99% of people will once the details are out there. The reaction from all sides if now utterly tiresome after events like this.

Endless screen shots of the news calling it a shooting and complaints about it not being called "terror" then the article was written on almost no information.

Endless Peter Griffin terrorist colour profile meme.

Endless "my cousin is missing", "this is the terrorist" fake posts.

Endless tear cartoons based around the country or city it happened.

Facebook morons "i'm not racist but...." posts.

Faceless twitter profiles rejoicing.

And on and on...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

My point was, that terrorism doesn’t have a race. This was a terrorist attack. 

And everyone will know that the more details that come out. When the news broke, all people knew was that it was a shooting and it will get reported as such.

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Genius :facepalm:

Isn't it great? Playing the gender card already.

According to latest reports, three other people have been arrested in connection with the shooting, one of them a woman.

https://abc7news.com/police-49-dead-4-in-custody-in-new-zealand-mosque-shootings/5194137/

9.03pm - Police Commissioner Mike Bush confirms that the death toll has risen to 49, and a man in his late twenties has been charged with murder.

There have been no other threats since the police response to Christchurch.

Three others have been arrested and two had firearms on them. Police are still working to establish their connection to the suspect charged with murder.

Previously it was thought two Improvised Explosive Devices had been found on two vehicles, but Bush has now confirmed it was two IEDs on one vehicle. One has been disabled and police were in the process of disabling another.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/03/gunshots-heard-near-hagley-park-in-christchurch.html

EDIT: Wait for her to double-down on it and claim the woman in question was a "victim of patriarchy"...

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Isn't it great? Playing the gender card already.

According to latest reports, three other people have been arrested in connection with the shooting, one of them a woman.

https://abc7news.com/police-49-dead-4-in-custody-in-new-zealand-mosque-shootings/5194137/

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/03/gunshots-heard-near-hagley-park-in-christchurch.html

I'd love to know what she means by tacking that issue accordingly

Think its time to keep all men in caves below the ground and keep them solely for the purposes of milking them for sperm - THATS how we tackle extremism lol 

24 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'd love to know what she means by tacking that issue accordingly

Think its time to keep all men in caves below the ground and keep them solely for the purposes of milking them for sperm - THATS how we tackle extremism lol 

I get what she's saying, at the end of the day it's fairly undeniable that blokes tend to have more of a disposition for violence. But to sort of blame world peace on it is stretching the point a little bit. lol

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I get what she's saying, at the end of the day it's fairly undeniable that blokes tend to have more of a disposition for violence. But to sort of blame world peace on it is stretching the point a little bit. lol

Yeah, but I think there is zero utility in the way she's saying it.  It adds nothing to the conversation to the point that its a negative contribution.  Its beyond stupid.  I wouldnt even go as far as to say 'i get what she's saying'.  Thats being far too generous

16 minutes ago, stix said:

Dan Walker replied to that tweet and her timeline has gone mad. 

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yeah, but I think there is zero utility in the way she's saying it.  It adds nothing to the conversation to the point that its a negative contribution.  Its beyond stupid.  I wouldnt even go as far as to say 'i get what she's saying'.  Thats being far too generous

I get what she is saying, it is "LOOK AT ME AND MY INFLAMMATORY ATTENTION SEEKING TWEET!"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yeah, but I think there is zero utility in the way she's saying it.

I agree, I think her deep down point is that the world would be a better place if so many blokes didn't seem like violence so much. That goes for schools, a night out etc. But trumping it up now and in that way is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I agree, I think her deep down point is that the world would be a better place if so many blokes didn't seem like violence so much. That goes for schools, a night out etc. But trumping it up now and in that way is just ridiculous.

Like YesNdidi said, whether she even has a tiny modicum or a point, there is zero utility to it. It adds **** all to the conversation; it’s like when people say all Muslims are a problem, or when cvnts like Munroe Bergdorf pipe up saying all white people are inherently racist and violent (which you can guarantee she will about this). It’s a stupid point that only serves to gain attention to the idiot saying it and their agenda, which stirs up more hatred against them which they can then claim proves their point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think the guys want to be known as terrorists.  I would rather we called them murderers.

All terrorists should be labelled as murderers, it is what they are after all.

The ignorance and arrogance of a white Australian doing this on the basis of immigration issues is mind-numbing. Some of the victim's were apparently refuges come to New Zealand specifically to escape this type of horror.

On a side note, when this was reported on the radio at work this morning, two of my work colleagues laughed and commented that this was a good thing. I'd report them to management, but I doubt anything would be done. After all, "it's just my opinion." :angry:

55 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Like YesNdidi said, whether she even has a tiny modicum or a point, there is zero utility to it. It adds **** all to the conversation; it’s like when people say all Muslims are a problem, or when cvnts like Munroe Bergdorf pipe up saying all white people are inherently racist and violent (which you can guarantee she will about this). It’s a stupid point that only serves to gain attention to the idiot saying it and their agenda, which stirs up more hatred against them which they can then claim proves their point. 

She didn't say all men, she said male violence. The former would be bollocks the latter, is undeniably a reasonably big issue, just raised at entirely the wrong moment and not in a great way.

• Like 3

Looks like he's some gamergate 8chan troll, he's posted a **** load of stuff on alt right, game culture meme boards with some generic "manifesto" that reads like every Trump obsessed anti-SJW teen/twenty year old incel **** on the Internet tbh. 

It's a growingly scary subculture and it's probably only been a matter of time before one of these kids upgraded from school shooting to mass terrorist event. 

Surreal that its an Aussie in NZ. 

Thing is though, Walker is right, it is a subculture predominantly steeped in white male violence and it is a problem that needs to be tackled. Thing is though, turning on them and just getting angry doesn't solve anything. 

Like I said about Begum and how we shouldn't give up trying to reclaim her, I also don't think we should give up on the millions of angry young white boys all fueling each others rage on the Internet. They're the way they are because they feel lost and disconnected, abandoning all hope and just blindly demonising them won't fix it. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Sick terrorist cvnt. If they dont kill him he should be forced to see the rest of his life out in an islamic prison or something. Pure evilness.

Unfortunately someone WhatsApp'd me a video and having just woken up clicked on it thinking it was some random video that people like to forward around. What i saw was  shocking and I wish the person who sent it to me could have warned me more about what i was about to see.  To kill and terrorize people like that is absolutely horrendous. 

Bless all those who were tragically murdered by this terrorist. Although my anger wants to hang him i hope he can spend the rest of his life recognizing the wrongs he has just inflicted on thousands/millions of family, friends,  citizens etc.

Edited by Jattdogg