Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Football Shirts 2019/2020

On 26/06/2019 at 20:33, Samilktray said:

Oh boy

77FB8D35-F28F-4E51-B284-9F4534D1CB7E.jpeg

So, every year I tend to "treat" myself to one of the best from this thread to play five a side in for the season. Last year it was Copenhagen away which I was very fond of. 

This year I figured this had to be it. So in a move that even Sam would probably think is too far, I preordered am official one. It turned up today. 

Gotta be honest, it's good but it could be better. I haven't had a Nike shirt since I got a 15/16 Kashima Antlers one on holiday so I don't know if this is normal but the fabric is rather thick for a modern football shirt. It feels nice enough on but it's not very light. 

It's also more pastel and less vibrant than the marketing pictures.

The fit and the quality are obviously excellent but there is one weird bit to it that doesn't really show in the photo and that's that the V neck gold trim isn't the full front of the collar, it actually starts about at your collar bone. The overall effect of this is that you basically look a really odd shape, like your neck is sticking up from behind your shoulders which are slumped. You kinda look like a badly drawn kids picture. 

Not sure I like it, it should just go up to the shoulder seam. Strange. 

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So, every year I tend to "treat" myself to one of the best from this thread to play five a side in for the season. Last year it was Copenhagen away which I was very fond of. 

This year I figured this had to be it. So in a move that even Sam would probably think is too far, I preordered am official one. It turned up today. 

Gotta be honest, it's good but it could be better. I haven't had a Nike shirt since I got a 15/16 Kashima Antlers one on holiday so I don't know if this is normal but the fabric is rather thick for a modern football shirt. It feels nice enough on but it's not very light. 

It's also more pastel and less vibrant than the marketing pictures.

The fit and the quality are obviously excellent but there is one weird bit to it that doesn't really show in the photo and that's that the V neck gold trim isn't the full front of the collar, it actually starts about at your collar bone. The overall effect of this is that you basically look a really odd shape, like your neck is sticking up from behind your shoulders which are slumped. You kinda look like a badly drawn kids picture. 

Not sure I like it, it should just go up to the shoulder seam. Strange. 

Gotta be honest, I love Nike but I very rarely buy there football shirts anymore as I don’t like the fit on them and normally the material is a bit thin and sticky (not very flattering for a chubbier bloke like me) 

57 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

This is wild but very nice at the same time. Puma have done a very good job for Man City (surprisingly), all there kits and training gear is pretty much spot on. 

FF54FBC5-52F5-47E5-BC6B-605FFD85EB9F.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e19e60e8add10bbcbf6f1eca4a7b422.jpeg

That Man City shirt is definitely not my style. But the thing about it is that if you're gonna rock it, you've gotta go all out. I mean, you really gotta rock it.

If you're a kid and you just gotta have it, that's one thing. But if you're in your 20s or 30s, it's something else.

It's not just the shirt. You might also be getting a new fitted just to go with it.

You gotta have something fresh on the feet, too. We're talking Yeezy 350s. This is for the type of cat that already spent a few thou on multiple colorways of the same Jordans just in case you saw something that was fluorescent yellow and pink that you wanted to wear (you also have pairs that you just keep in the box, the collector items). You've definitely accounted for the fact that you're gonna wear both the Man City shirt and the kicks you got picked out for it only a few times before you never wear them again because there's some new shit coming out in September. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samilktray said:

This is wild but very nice at the same time. Puma have done a very good job for Man City (surprisingly), all there kits and training gear is pretty much spot on. 

FF54FBC5-52F5-47E5-BC6B-605FFD85EB9F.jpeg

That is gross. But every kit ever made and never talk about this unfortunate incident again.