Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

scorecard looks like when you’d play brian lara after a few ales and accidentally keep pressing run when you didn’t mean to 

Or you play a test match then regret it when you're bored of playing Boycott style cricket but cant quit because you feel like you've committed, only to think 'fvck it' and try (and fail) to hammer everything for 6.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Manini said:

MON on TMS. Didn’t know he was a big cricket fan 

Yeah he was, played a few games down here for Newtown Linford 2nds I think when he managed here.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Damning...

That says it all to be honest about how players have lost the ability to just bat for time.

Even the 46 not out under Atherton against the Windies wasn't over in a session.

Guest MattP

Still think we'll win as our second innings total on a flat pitch under sunshine should be huge, but I didn't expect that.

Well done Ireland. 

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Wasn't the session slightly extended because we were 9 down at lunch? Were we even 9 down at lunch? Not been following that closely

4-day test so timings are slightly different. Lunch at 1.15pm instead of 1pm.

Is there anything to be said about the players playing next to no red ball cricket for their counties too? I understand the WC has kept a lot of them busy this summer but I’m not entirely sure on how their schedules have looked over the last few years. Are they being held back from county cricket or do they simply not have the time?

Edited by Goober

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Is there anything to be said about the players playing next to no red ball cricket for their counties too? I understand the WC has kept a lot of them busy this summer but I’m not entirely sure on how their schedules have looked over the last few years. Are they being held back from county cricket or do they simply not have the time?

Bit of both I reckon. As you say the World Cup has been extenuating circumstances this year, and players like Anderson and Broad have played plenty for their counties so far this summer. I remember Pietersen grousing about being prevented from playing for Hampshire by the ECB a few years ago, so it clearly does go on.

No doubt they'll all be made available for all Hundred games next year though, regardless of the international schedule... :rolleyes:

Edited by Voll Blau

3 hours ago, Manini said:

MON on TMS. Didn’t know he was a big cricket fan 

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Yeah he was, played a few games down here for Newtown Linford 2nds I think when he managed here.

Learn summat new every day. Recently been reading Shane Warne's book and he bought his flat in Southampton from Matt Le Tissier.

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Learn summat new every day. Recently been reading Shane Warne's book and he bought his flat in Southampton from Matt Le Tissier.

Is that called “No Spin”? - I’ve got that sitting at home ready to be started. Is it any good? I read KP’s book on holiday and that really is a belter - he pulls no punches in that I’m surprised he got away with it all legally. 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Is that called “No Spin”? - I’ve got that sitting at home ready to be started. Is it any good? I read KP’s book on holiday and that really is a belter - he pulls no punches in that I’m surprised he got away with it all legally. 

It's an OK read, but I think he's held back a bit compared to what he could have said on certain matters.

Is our test record at Lords as bad as it seems?

Why are we so shit there? Do we freeze at the home of cricket or are the opposition inspired?

Is it the pitches or conditions or some other reason? I don’t get it..