Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, SOCCERROO FOX said:

James Patto looks like he will be selected ahead of Starc or Hazelwood for his first test in years.

Also if you fancy a laugh watch the European Cricket League! 

Haha, was watching a bit of that yesterday. Good on 'em for doing it, the coverage was actually really quite good for the standard being played.

Once played a touring team from Prague CC and they were genuinely decent cricketers by and large.

Anyone heard about the new Euro T20 Slam competition? A lot of big names (like the Global T20 Canada league) due to play. 

Three rounds of fixtures to be played in Netherlands, Scotland & Ireland. Starts next month I think. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone heard about the new Euro T20 Slam competition? A lot of big names (like the Global T20 Canada league) due to play. 

Three rounds of fixtures to be played in Netherlands, Scotland & Ireland. Starts next month I think. 

Seems like there's a T20 competition somewhere in the world all year round.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Good idea, but don't get why the six franchises couldn't have had their own home grounds? Would be great one day if they were strong enough to compete with English counties and we could have a European T20 Cup.

On 28/07/2019 at 16:58, StanSP said:

Anyone see the Worcs vs Durham score?!

Durham got 181 off their 20.

Worcs polished off that target in just 12.1 overs :o. Guptill smashed 10 sixes in his 86 runs off 31 balls.

Meant to post this the other day.

Average of 15 an over for 12 overs!!!!

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Predictions chaps? 

Who'll win first test and who'll win series by what score? 

England 3-1.

Rain affected first test but England come out on top. Australia to win the Lord's test (their record there is quite good I think). 

3-2 either way. Cant see any test going into the 5th day ( unless there's rain about ). Bowlers to probably dominate as both sides rely too heavily on Root/Smith to score the bulk of the runs.

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Predictions chaps? 

I think that the first test is likely to end as a draw because of rain.  I am genuinely concerned that Australia's bowlers are going to routinely blow our top order away,  We're not blessed with world class openers - I can't see Burns making centuries and Roy, great player though he is, simply doesn't leave the ball well enough which is an essential attribute for an opener.  Root is class but if he goes early it will expose our world class middle order to the Aussie openers and a new-ish ball.  2-1 Australia, and I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Predictions chaps? 

The expert pundits seem spilt but most reckon it will be a close series

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49173127

I think we'll win at Edgbaston and lose at Lords but really don't know about the other three. 

One of the most unpredictable Ashes series for a long time,

Unfortunately can see the Aussies winning the series. Can't see many draws unless the weather gets involved.

So much pressure on Root, Stokes and Bairstow to get runs. Even more on Root if he bats at 3 because it is being seen as the saviour to our problems.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Predictions chaps? 

England win first and go on to win 3-2.

First time for a while we have a 50/50 Ashes series though, it should be great.