Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Still think we'll win as our second innings total on a flat pitch under sunshine should be huge, but I didn't expect that.

Well done Ireland. 

If I remember correctly you were against Ireland getting test match status...has that changed matt?

Guest MattP
15 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

If I remember correctly you were against Ireland getting test match status...has that changed matt?

Was I? I don't remember that.

If so then yes, more test playing nations the better.

I'm actually looking at this and thinking what might have been, may have been good enough go play county cricket had I taken it seriously, had I done so I might be playing for Ireland in the last stages of my career now.

A lot goes past Burns’ bat doesn’t it? He doesn’t look assured at all. He’s either picking the wrong lines completely or he’s horrendously our of touch. It isn’t doing as much as it was yesterday morning. 

Ive also loved Ireland’s fields in this match, properly aggressive, everyone around the bat. Proper test match settings. 

Edited by Manini

Burns has been massively disappointing since coming in to the test side.

He was the obvious pick at the time given his volume of runs in the championship, but he has never looked comfortable in an England shirt, even when he was in form last year. Now he's just clearly out of nick, which makes him look terrible because of his unusual technique.

Massive, massive problems at the top of the order. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

Burns doesn't look good enough does he?

How we are going to score runs this summer if Root, Bairstow and Stokes fail I've no idea.

It is great see a number 11 play like that, assume Anderson would be at number 11 even with Leach in the side? That said, didn't Anderson have some ridiculously long run of ending the innings not out? 

I think Monty is still my favourite awful batsman. That partnership with Anderson :wub:

16 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

It is great see a number 11 play like that, assume Anderson would be at number 11 even with Leach in the side? That said, didn't Anderson have some ridiculously long run of ending the innings not out? 

I think Monty is still my favourite awful batsman. That partnership with Anderson :wub:

I remember Jimmy scored 60 odd against South Africa (?) at Headingley. Great counter attacking batting 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
19 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

No one compares to Tuffers when it comes to number 11 batsmen.

The time when he walked out having forgotten to put his pads on still cracks me up.

I don't think there really are many genuine bunnies at Test level any more. All are capable of playing their shots on their day. The fact Mark Wood, who is more than capable when he puts his mind to it, batted 11 in our ODI side shows how far we've come since the days where our tail was basically interchangeable between 8/9 and 11 as they were all equally useless.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
20 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Well played Jack Leach.

This must be weird for him.

Absolutely perfect conditions, poor bowling attack, at Lords - you are number eleven with a genuine chance to get a century and get on the honours board, he'll also know it's his one and only chance he'll ever get to do it.

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No better sight than Jason Roy when he's in full flow. What a technique.

He's great to watch when the wicket's reliable and the ball's not doing much but he won't always find that at the start of the innings in test cricket and particularly in England where the Dukes ball is used.  I'd love to have him in the team but not as an opener.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

He's great to watch when the wicket's reliable and the ball's not doing much but he won't always find that at the start of the innings in test cricket and particularly in England where the Dukes ball is used.  I'd love to have him in the team but not as an opener.

He strikes me as a decent number 3 and an excellent number 4. 

Well, he’d be a decent number 3 if the openers could see off the opening bowlers and the new ball - 3 is basically opening for England at the minute. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

I love all the terminology that’s unique to cricket. 

Googlys, doosras, flippas, sliders, etc, etc. Marvellous 

And nightwatchman is another beauty. 

• Like 1