Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

19 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What time do we think this gets done and dusted then? 

Im feeling more generous today so Ill go for 5:17pm

everyone in this thread thought we would get 400 yesterday, todays probably an even nicer day to bat. easy polish this off. 

i mean it’s ridiculously unlikely for a few reasons, mainly because we’re rubbish at batting and they’re good at bowling, but it’s not like we’re chasing this in the gloom on day 5. it’s day 3 morning and if we start well they could get undone. 

we need a 100 partnership from one of the first two wickets and then the pressure fires back in their direction. like i said. very unlikely lol 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Aggers and Vaughan saying on TMS that there's too many counties which is to blame for the current problem. I don't think they could be more wrong.

What a ludicrous argument, number one in the World about six years ago with exactly the same number.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Aggers and Vaughan saying on TMS that there's too many counties which is to blame for the current problem. I don't think they could be more wrong.

What a ludicrous and tired old school of thought, are there too many counties stopping us from winning world cups? No, it’s nothing to do with the number of counties, it’s the mentality of the modern player which is to blame, no ability to concentrate for long periods anymore.

Id like an explanation to why cutting the Counties will produce a better England side, more counties  means there is a larger pool of players playing, more opportunities for youngsters to play the game professionally, imagine only having 12 counties, Cricket would really become a minority sport.

Agnew should know better spending his whole career at Leicester, would he of been picked up elsewhere? So short sighted.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What will make Ben Stokes (pure example, not picking on Stokes for any reason other than he's a "big" name) more money - a season in the IPL or playing a full Ashes tour for England? 

He gets about 2million a year playing for England and about 1.2million for his IPL stint.

Guest MattP

In a weird way as soon as Root is gone I just this want over as quick as possible. Can't be having Denly scoring ten off seventy balls via an inside edge all afternoon.

Guest MattP
Just now, Finnegan said:

Is that just test cricket or does it include the world cup etc? 

Yeah central contract covers everything England related.