Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Roy, Buttler and Denley out.

Sibley, Foakes and some ****er that can bat at 3 in.

Sibley
Burns
Some ****er that can bat at 3
Root
Stokes (c)
YJB
Foakes (wk)
Woakes
Archer
Broad
Leach

Rebuild time.

Agree with most of this still don't believe Buttler is test player, in the main he seems to score his runs when England are already in a good position. i'd go with the following:

Sibley/Crawley

Burns

Pope/Northeast/Hain/Bell-Drummond

Root

Foakes/Bairstow (WK)

Stokes (C)

Woakes

Curran

Archer

Broad

Leach

Persons named first would be my first choice but are interchangable, plenty of batting through to Archer/Broad & Stokes can be 5th bowler so can focus on Captaincy and not pressure on himself or body.

On another note i love the brutal honesty of Geoffrey Boycott on the state of the test game during today's tea break, think the ECB should take note instead of chasing the money and pushing the Hundred.

When you've pissed your first innings up the wall you surely have to make a statement with your fielding? This is ****ing woeful. Complete lack of determination other than Stokes. 

Root sits there in slip with his hands in his pockets and his head down. Sends out a terrible message.

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I imagine Root is in the changing room now giving every one of them the hairdryer treatment...........

Unfortunately he is probably doing this but literally. 

Fielding has been absolutely pathetic as well. No good “oohing” and “aahing” every time the ball passes the outside edge if the keeper and slips couldn’t catch a cold.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Aggers and Vaughan saying on TMS that there's too many counties which is to blame for the current problem. I don't think they could be more wrong.

Too many counties lol 

Were there not the same amount of counties in 2005 lol? Bet there was no moaning then.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Aggers and Vaughan saying on TMS that there's too many counties which is to blame for the current problem. I don't think they could be more wrong.

They've been talking about this for years. The first division has two fewer teams, they've cut the amount of Championship games from 17 in 1999 to 14 now. The best play against the best. They aren't dragging the players from the bottom of Division Two. Surrey and Yorkshire take up most of this team.