Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

In contrast to my I don’t get why you were all so confident comment, I don’t get why a score of 360 is “it’s all but over”

We expected this team, in ideal batting conditions, to put the Australians to the sword after bowling them out for 176 odd, in two days of batting. Surely that involved scoring more than 360 runs.

its a huge score to chase on a last date innings but how often do you get three days to chase a final total. This batting lineup is suppose to have a lot of capable batsman in it, I appreciate they’ve totally failed to show that so far we literally only need a couple of batsman for to get a well over due decent knock and we’ve got every chance. Not saying we will win but surely we’ve got a reasonable chance.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

What a ludicrous argument, number one in the World about six years ago with exactly the same number.

8 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a ludicrous and tired old school of thought, are there too many counties stopping us from winning world cups? No, it’s nothing to do with the number of counties, it’s the mentality of the modern player which is to blame, no ability to concentrate for long periods anymore.

Id like an explanation to why cutting the Counties will produce a better England side, more counties  means there is a larger pool of players playing, more opportunities for youngsters to play the game professionally, imagine only having 12 counties, Cricket would really become a minority sport.

Agnew should know better spending his whole career at Leicester, would he of been picked up elsewhere? So short sighted.

It'd be like blaming league one and league two clubs for the national team being poor.

The county cricket system needs two 9 team divisions with 2 team promotion/relegation. 16 games per season. Start on Saturdays. All summer long with perhaps a July break for T20. 

A 50 over Benson and Hedges style one day competition which is played in May/June.

A month long T20 Cup style tournament throughout mid July to mid August.  

It needs international players playing county cricket. It's not rocket science. The most successful sides of recent times (Essex/Worcs) would be the first to go if there was a reduction, how would that be fair?

I would’ve taken a 200 chase on a day 4.... we all thought it was gonna be done tonight. Hopefully one of the middle order can stay with Root. Aussies still favourites but only just.