Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

@Voll Blau scored a ton on debut on the sub continent, didn’t end too badly for another English player who did something similar so I agree with you he should be involved. 

I find it really odd he doesn’t get a look in these days, it’s common opinion from pretty much everyone that he should be involved, apart from, it seems, Ed Smith and James Taylor. 

• Like 1

On 20/09/2019 at 09:50, Silebyfox_89 said:

In preview of the team of test team to tour New Zealand, i'd take the following 15 players:

Burns, Sibley, Northeast, Root, Stokes, Pope, Foakes, Buttler, Curran, Archer, Broad, Leach, Crawley, Mahmood, Porter.

As the New Zealand series doesn't count towards the test championship, its a good opportunity to blood some players in form in the county game against similar conditions to the UK but with test standard bowling. No point taking Anderson even though he's fit to play might as well rest him and let Broad take the Leadership role, i've opted to drop Woakes as i'm on the opinion he's carrying an injury either in his back or thigh as as such didn't perform as well as we thought in the ashes.

However i don't think Ashley Giles would be as radical as myself i see him opting for the following:

Burns, Sibley, Root, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Curran, Archer, Broad, Anderson, Woakes, Leach, Overton, Foakes, Denly

Who would people like to see called up to the Test team?

Great shout with Mahmood pick their. 

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

We got Day 2. First time in the Hollies on a Saturday for me. :banana::banana::banana:

I'm in there so give me a shout if you see me!

If it's beyond 1130am I'll be drunk though. lol

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I'm in there so give me a shout if you see me!

If it's beyond 1130am I'll be drunk though. lol

Join the club. lol

I think I once gave you the 'Ay Up' nod in a boozer in Blackburn after recognising you from that photoshop thread on here - failing to realise you wouldn't have the faintest who I was. So if someone does that to you again at Edgbaston it's probably me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

so Root is playing for Trent Rockets?How does that work when their is a team supposidly representing Yorkshire?

Because the ECB think people will watch any old shite as long as the top players are playing, that history/local connections are basically irrelevant to fans and that international stars are what will make this work - even despite admitting it's unlikely their target market will even know who they are. In short, because this competition is a fvcking joke.

• Like 1