Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

I wasn’t going to watch it, but became weirdly drawn in about how shit it all is.

I was never going to support it anyway, but even less so now it’s basically Notts.

Hopefully it winds the Leics lads up enough to fire them up for the Blast next season while others rest on their laurels knowing they’ve got a pay day later in the summer.

• Like 1

As expected most of the squads are made up of players who play at their cricket at the grounds hosting with no interest shown to other counties in the area unless they have stand out players. Some good looking teams to be fair, its a shame its taken this format to attract the bigger names but its shows how the big players have no interest in the blast (although there are reasons for that with scheduling and stuff) Different format or not, its got to be good for some good young English guys playing alongside top players for a period of time.

I know its not cool to say it but I'm going to give it a chance, treat it has an exhibition rather than meaningful cricket. Living in Blackpool I have to travel to watch any professional cricket anyway so doesn't make much difference and it will be a good opportunity to get the missus and maybe my boy involved, although he might still be a little too young. Interesting to see how they price it.

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's ironic as they advertise it as a huge, all-entertaining competition and don't pick one of the most marketable players in the game even if he is becoming ancient lol 

Put it this way, I'm their market. I'm a 100% plastic, casual cricket fan that's barely heard of any of the Trent players. 

I'm not going to Nottingham to watch Rashid Khan play but I'd have gone for the Universe Boss. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm amazed Gayle, Boult, Rabada, Du Plessis & De Kock weren't picked for any sides.

No one is going to pay serious money for Gayle anymore, just not worth it.

Very surprised the other four weren't picked up. 

I'm not going to watch a single minute of this anyway. 

Chris Gayle priced himself out really, teams have chosen more reliable and consistent players. Gayle wastes too many balls in T20 these days because he can't be arsed to run, not going to get away with that in an even shorter game. That, and the fact he just stands with hands in his pockets in the field.

Saying that though there were some bizarre prices paid for Dane Vilas, Tom Abell and Liam Livingstone.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

As expected most of the squads are made up of players who play at their cricket at the grounds hosting with no interest shown to other counties in the area unless they have stand out players. Some good looking teams to be fair, its a shame its taken this format to attract the bigger names but its shows how the big players have no interest in the blast (although there are reasons for that with scheduling and stuff) Different format or not, its got to be good for some good young English guys playing alongside top players for a period of time.

I know its not cool to say it but I'm going to give it a chance, treat it has an exhibition rather than meaningful cricket. Living in Blackpool I have to travel to watch any professional cricket anyway so doesn't make much difference and it will be a good opportunity to get the missus and maybe my boy involved, although he might still be a little too young. Interesting to see how they price it.

Disagree that the bigger names don't want to play in the blast DeVilliers Azam Maxwell Finch etc all played this season Gayle Smith and Warner have all played before

• Like 1

The New South Wales team for the domestic one day cup in Australia. 

Warner

Hughes

Smith

Nevill (c)

Edwards

Henriques

Abbott

Lyon

Starc

Hazlewood

Cummins

Can't have been a stronger domestic team than that in cricket. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

The New South Wales team for the domestic one day cup in Australia. 

Warner

Hughes

Smith

Nevill (c)

Edwards

Henriques

Abbott

Lyon

Starc

Hazlewood

Cummins

Can't have been a stronger domestic team than that in cricket. 

Wow that's virtually a test side lol

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wow that's virtually a test side lol

This is why eventually the counties will be chopped, the ECB will say they’re going to replicate what the Aussies do and make the domestic game stronger by reducing the amount of mediocre cricketers playing our county game, which is all well and good until they don’t allow the centrally contracted players to actually play for their domestic sides.