Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

19 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’d actually prefer it if the teams were named after the crisps that they’re sponsored by.

who wouldn’t watch Skips v Pom Bears?

For extra shittness I wish they'd gone one further and merged both ideas. Like Japanese rugby teams. 

So like Skips Trent Rockets being an official name and Hula Hoops Welsh Fire, Butterkist Birmingham Phoenix and so on. 

lol

The Hundred looks like the biggest cricketing joke since the Stanford super series (had to google it to remember!), surely the simplest way to increase the revenue for the ECB and exposure for cricket would be to renegotiate the contract for the T20? 

We could easily give the pomp it needs with a player draft, games free to air TV and keep it all within the current schedules of the county game. i guess it won't change due to SKY's stranglehold on the game which is a shame :( 

I know SA never beat us in India and we're quite strong at home but even I was quite surprised with the following stat. Rohit Sharma breaks record for most sixes in a test match (13) and also now has the record for two centuries in his maiden test match as an opener. 

It's a very well paid but extremely demanding job too.

Silverwood does have good experience with Essex so he's not a novice or someone without success domestically. I really think the idea of having red and white ball coaches is a way forward.

On 05/10/2019 at 12:38, Silebyfox_89 said:

The Hundred looks like the biggest cricketing joke since the Stanford super series (had to google it to remember!), surely the simplest way to increase the revenue for the ECB and exposure for cricket would be to renegotiate the contract for the T20? 

We could easily give the pomp it needs with a player draft, games free to air TV and keep it all within the current schedules of the county game. i guess it won't change due to SKY's stranglehold on the game which is a shame :( 

For no apparent reason the ECB have run our domestic T20 down in favour of their new comp, they could of revitalised it, had it played in a shorter block with no championship cricket in between, and not had finals day in the middle of September!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Anyone watching the hundred draft?

I can't bring myself to.

Hate the format, hate the team names, hate the sponsorship and hate the term 'draft' in cricket.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a cricket traditionalist :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can't bring myself to.

Hate the format, hate the team names, hate the sponsorship and hate the term 'draft' in cricket.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a cricket traditionalist :rolleyes:

Honestly had no idea what it was so thought I'd pop it on and see what it's about 

36 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

Hate the idea of The Hundred, but quite enjoy the draft phase.

Would have preferred a full draft style system implemented in to the Vitality Blast.

The glam of the draft and exposure to terrestrial TV would have done wonders for the current T20 which is already booming again. A real shame and opportunity missed!

• Like 2

Noob question here, but what do they mean about availability? 

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

It was quite exciting to begin with, getting a bit drawn out now. **** getting behind anything associated with Nottingham, so I’m backing the Northern team. Good team so far. 

Yeah it's dragging a bit now, may switch off as getting fairly bored minus the funny comments 

@UniFox21 The players still have to commit to their respective nations if they’re under contract with them and involved in any of the tours etc. If their country are on tour/playing a test match, they will play in that, they won’t be able to choose to defer and play for their Hundred franchise - I think 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's the point having the mens draft going on in the background whilst discussing women's cricket? Surely it would be better to have it in two segments and focusing on each rather than overlapping them?

Agree..!!Thats Why I turned it over..!!!  I hate such things being drawn out,und push something else in,that might be able to Stand up,on its own merrit .!!

I like Womens cricket,but the "draft" took Too long,lost my interest when they pulled in the Womens (100) cricket panel....

Market it,bring it on,sell it by all means!!!   ,but such TV-oversell just draws it out for too long..!!

• Like 1