Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Burns, lack of concentration....Denly...wow just brain dead...sitting on the sideline watching & learning...Sorry but that was crap!!!!

Root...nobody,just nobody could of done anything about that Bowler got the ball,spot on,and nature took its course...Root not to blame!!!

35-3....

Our problem is...10 attacking Batsman..1 nightwatchman in Anderson..

We need 2  ,boring defensive batsman. So go back to the counties,pick 4 boring low S.R. Batsman,maybe no big score behind them

but have stickability..sort of 60 off 280+ balls..Then chose the 2 who sticks around longer...the other 2, 1 in the squad,the other 1, on call playing

For the Lions,or his feet up on the sofa,in freezing UK...

On 27/01/2019 at 11:29, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wow I've had a mare here, didn't even realise he was in the line uplol Must have been in and out that quick!

I still stand by the fact that Ali when needed doesn't come up strong for us, he always gets out playing silly shots.

Who does come up with strong for us? Should it really be down to the bowler who bats a bit as everybody sees him to score runs at no.7?

I can't quite work out the situation with Jennings. He's picked, dropped, out of the squad, back in the team, dropped, back in the team.

Either they are convinced by him and stick with him for a while or bin him completely. It can't be good for him, in any case.

I'm not convinced by our openers.  I don't know if it's the onset of limited overs cricket, especially 20-20, but they don't seem to have the technique to stay in there until the opening bowlers and the new ball have been safely negotiated.

I hope they now prove me wrong and bat all day.

When Jennings keeps being recalled and we ever have to resort to picking someone like Denly at his age you know the cupboard is bare.

We still haven't replaced Strauss, let alone Cook.

Jennings is hopeless. Cannot play against any decent seam bowler, if he's still in the side when the ashes rolls around, we will be in serious trouble.

As Matt said above, we have been scrabbling around trying to find a new opener since 2012, and have been unsuccessful. Now we need two new ones, and county cricket doesn't look like providing any soon. 

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

When Jennings keeps being recalled and we ever have to resort to picking someone like Denly at his age you know the cupboard is bare.

We still haven't replaced Strauss, let alone Cook.

Jennings didn't deserve his recall....

If Foakes was fit to play,and no risk because of his injury....

It wouldn't of hurt to have tried him as an opener...or Ali again,just to close down the tour!!!

Great,quirky and in 5-10 years a great quiz question....

England were 193-5

They're now 194-4

Stokes called back,after no-ball!!!

Bairstow sent back...

I've never seen this before - the third umpire went scuttling round to get Stokes back.

brilliant...

Edited by fuchsntf