Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Top order's still doggo then.

imo Jennings isnt good enough, from the stats hes only averages 17 against pace, might have done well/ish in Sri Lanka but imo hes not cutting it anywhere else imo

also seems to be a bit of arrogance that they'd just turn the windies over as well

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

I'm glad I haven't spent my savings on flying out there to watch that shower.

I thought that but its a nice little holiday nonetheless lol

As per Agnew and co knew it was the wrong side from the very first moment the team was announced. Funny how its taken until after a shit day for him to come out with his words of wisdom. For some reason cricket journalists are the worst for this.

Is there a more bipolar team in Cricket? When wickets start to fall, they have no backbone. No ability to leave the ball. They'll probably score 300+ in second innings and they'll come out with we shown fight etc and everyone will keep their place. Its been coming for a while though, you can't keep losing the top of the order for nothing and expect the lower order to push it up to a respectable score. 

You can say we picked the wrong bowling line up. which I agree with but that doesn't excuse the stupidity of the batting line up, Moeen should be dropped, caught on the boundary first ball when your losing wickets is pathetic. 

I notice Anderson was slating the preparation they'd had before the Test started the other day. They really do need to bin off these glorified two-day 15 v 15 net sessions that are in vogue for touring teams across the world now. You learn absolutely nothing from them, they mean nothing statistically and they must do absolutely nothing to get players into a Test match frame of mind.

I get that the international calendar is crowded now, but surely touring teams deserve one or two First Class matches, even if they're only three-dayers, to help them get acclimatised wherever they are?  The fact they managed to play two of these joke games in Barbados means they obviously had time for at least one meaningful F/C game, so why didn't they do that?

Jimmy Anderson had said before the test he thought England had insufficient games before the start of the series.. With 2 two day practices (and I think they were 12 a side) he was right. This has happened over so many away  test series going back a quite a number of years. To quote a line from an old Pete Seeger song "When will they ever learn?"

18 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Jimmy Anderson had said before the test he thought England had insufficient games before the start of the series.. With 2 two day practices (and I think they were 12 a side) he was right. This has happened over so many away  test series going back a quite a number of years. To quote a line from an old Pete Seeger song "When will they ever learn?"

Fair enough but we always end up facing trash in those games

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Is there a more bipolar team in Cricket? When wickets start to fall, they have no backbone. No ability to leave the ball. They'll probably score 300+ in second innings and they'll come out with we shown fight etc and everyone will keep their place. Its been coming for a while though, you can't keep losing the top of the order for nothing and expect the lower order to push it up to a respectable score. 

You can say we picked the wrong bowling line up. which I agree with but that doesn't excuse the stupidity of the batting line up, Moeen should be dropped, caught on the boundary first ball when your losing wickets is pathetic. 

You can’t just pick out Moeen ,although for an opener for Worcestershire he makes some odd batting decisions,and that wasn’t the first time.

Drop.No way.Bowling keeps him in.

They have all been crap,and that’s being kind.

Give credit to West Indies though.Fine display and well deserved.