Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

India can afford to take some risks and we seem to be running out often right bowlers to finish.

Im sure we should still be favourites but they can snatch it with a couple of good overs.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I couldn't care less about the 'not winning because Pakistan would be out' thing. 

I can't imagine the players would be any different either. 

Any change in this view, Stan? It has been an odd chase. England bowled well at the start but India could've accelerated.

Just now, Royston. said:

Sorry guys, why bother with the last over if it was impossible for india to carch us?

Or should i go away and learn the rules?:blush:

Technically it wasn't impossible but you'd need six sixes plus wides and no-balls for that to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Royston. said:

Sorry guys, why bother with the last over if it was impossible for india to carch us?

Cricket rule book is full of funnies. Probably some rule in sub section 2.4.g.

Right under laws on acceptable width of boxes.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Any change in this view, Stan? It has been an odd chase. England bowled well at the start but India could've accelerated.

Not at all. This isn't the first time we've batted slow or chased oddly - in fact one game I remember was a couple of years ago in the CT final against Pakistan. That was even weirder as I don't even think we waited until the final few overs to not try and hit boundaries.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think we're taking the credit away from England, they were magnificent, and deservedly kicked India's ass.

Agreed. Far too much being made about the (odd) chase as opposed to the great captaincy by Morgan to change the bowlers at key times and get the key men (Kohli & Sharma) out. Plus also have to mention the reading of better conditions by England's players in both innings - England batsmen targeted the weaker bowlers for this match and the conditions i.e spinners and more to the point, focussed a lot of their batting on targeting the shorter side of the ground. Then you have their bowlers bowling slower balls at the right times and bowling short at the right times. Look at the difference in our last 10 bowling overs and England's - they smacked Shami for fun knowing they probably wouldn't do the same to Bumrah and piled on 20-30 runs (maybe more?!). That was the difference in the end considering we only lost by 31 runs.

Yes we were way too cautious in the first 10-15 overs and that led to our downfall and sets the slow tempo for the game. I'd have liked for us to go at it a bit quicker and be more intense but for me the damage was done before those moments. Hussain and Ganguly on the Sky commentary exaggerated a lot, for me. The latter working out the equations when it was definitely impossible was laughable; saying 37 off 3 as if it could still be a reachable target lol 

Anyway, well done to England. Deserved the win for sure right from the off. Played well under pressure considering their tournament could have been pretty much over had they lost. Bairstow was superb in the field which was largely overlooked from the commentators too. Adding that to the century he smashed in style he was player of the match for me. Woakes spell right at the start was brilliant too. 3 maidens is superb in any World Cup game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Sorry guys, why bother with the last over if it was impossible for india to catch us?

Possible (but unlikely) that net run rate comes into play to decide places so must be played to a conclusion