Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Fixture change: Man city away

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Do we have actual confirmation? 

They are utter wankstains the TV companies. Ironic that Ajax who are in the CL set their fixtures in late July and they never change, they factor all the potential European qualification and television coverage into it 

Almost correct.

The league sets out the fixtures to help clubs yes. And in the main they are set in stone. But Ajax game at the weekend was actually moved from a Sunday ko to sat evening after they beat Madrid to help them.

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Almost correct.

The league sets out the fixtures to help clubs yes. And in the main they are set in stone. But Ajax game at the weekend was actually moved from a Sunday ko to sat evening after they beat Madrid to help them.

It's rare though isn't it? 

Although the league benefits as a whole if Ajax succeed, in the past two years they pool the European winnings and distribute it across the division. The big three recognise that the smaller clubs play an important role in fostering youth players. 

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

I always figured English fans fill the away stands because it’s a quick day trip -- get shitfaced on the train and all that.  Now I see how these fixtures get whipsawed here and there, with few or no trains running, and I start to wonder why so many of you bother.

Now there's a verb I've never seen before.....whipsawed

Is the sense here "pushed and pulled all over the place" or similar? Widely used in the US?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whipsaw

: to beset or victimize in two opposite ways at once, by a two-phase operation, or by the collusive action of two opponents: e.g. wage earners were whipsawed by inflation and high taxes

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

I read mixed reviews of the away support, but more and more I am respectful.

Back when I was a Browns STH, my longest away trip was Houston.  About the distance of Bucharest from you -- but NEVER an issue of timing since I had a few months to buy the cheapest airfare (and family to stay with :whistle: ).

I always figured English fans fill the away stands because it’s a quick day trip -- get shitfaced on the train and all that.  Now I see how these fixtures get whipsawed here and there, with few or no trains running, and I start to wonder why so many of you bother.

If you’re going and in any voice -- good on you. 

Because it's still a better use of an evening than sitting on a couch watching trash TV, eating processed garbage food whilst flicking through some pointless social media feeds

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Because it's still a better use of an evening than sitting on a couch watching trash TV, eating processed garbage food whilst flicking through some pointless social media feeds

Assuming you can still afford to go after being fvcked about so much that is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Accepted it's a necessary evil and I have no issue with the original switch. 

However, they shouldn't have the ability to move a game twice. A rule should be asserted by the FA and the Premier League that gives a latest date that a fixture can be moved. Six weeks seems sensible. My point about Ajax and Eredivisie is that they take into account all the potential factors and they can name dates nine months in advance. 

For example the Arsenal home game should have been announced as the Sunday noon as that was possible regardless of their success in the Europa League. 

Agreed

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Back to back Monday night games, end the season now.

Arsenal might stay on Sunday. 

If I'm right in thinking, if Napoli beat them tonight, it stays on a Monday. 

If Arsenal get through, it stays on a Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It is currently scheduled for Monday night. If Napoli go through tonight, then this will NOT change.

If Arsenal go through, which is very likely, the fixture moves to Sunday 12:00.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Arsenal is scheduled for Monday night at the moment, but if Arsenal get through then it will move to the Sunday. Never thought I would be cheering on Arsenal... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Arsenal is scheduled for Monday night at the moment, but if Arsenal get through then it will move to the Sunday. Never thought I would be cheering on Arsenal... 

I need it to stay on Monday lol

Has anyone seen anything definite indiating when the Man City v City match will now be played?  Or are we just guessing?

The only thing on the LCFC web site is:

"Please note this fixture is subject to change depending upon participation of Premier League Clubs in the Champions League the following Tuesday."   

The only certainty is that Bournemouth v Tottenham game will now not be on the Monday night (6th May).

But there is currently a free 12.00 "slot" on the Sunday, for Sky.

So they could swap our Man City away date to the Monday night?   Or the could switch our match to Sunday 12.00, and switch Bournemouth v Tottenham to be the Saturday lunchtime match?

11 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Has anyone seen anything definite indiating when the Man City v City match will now be played?  Or are we just guessing?

The only thing on the LCFC web site is:

"Please note this fixture is subject to change depending upon participation of Premier League Clubs in the Champions League the following Tuesday."   

The only certainty is that Bournemouth v Tottenham game will now not be on the Monday night (6th May).

But there is currently a free 12.00 "slot" on the Sunday, for Sky.

So they could swap our Man City away date to the Monday night?   Or the could switch our match to Sunday 12.00, and switch Bournemouth v Tottenham to be the Saturday lunchtime match?

Sky have their knickers in a twist so are panicking today. Expect an update today though hopefully.

I doubt Sky will let the Monday night slot go so it should be us filling that. Spurs cannot be Saturday 12:30, Liverpool have to have that slot.

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Do we have actual confirmation? 

They are utter wankstains the TV companies. Ironic that Ajax who are in the CL set their fixtures in late July and they never change, they factor all the potential European qualification and television coverage into it 

Strictly speaking surely that isn't possible unless i'm reading it wrong. I presume CL sides tend to play on Saturdays so there would always be a 2 whole days minimum between games either side of CL fixtures. EL sides on the Sunday after EL fixtures. What would happen say if last weekend and PSV were still in the EL, Ajax played on the Wednesday with the 2nd leg this Tuesday, but inbetween they were due to play PSV who couldn't play until the Sunday because they were in EL action on Thursday.

Think i'm just being super pedantic lol there's no doubt the way we do it is pathetic though

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's rare though isn't it? 

Although the league benefits as a whole if Ajax succeed, in the past two years they pool the European winnings and distribute it across the division. The big three recognise that the smaller clubs play an important role in fostering youth players. 

Yes. I guess they didn't expect Ajax to go that far in the competition.

I'm just pissed off as it ****ed up my chance to go to Feyanoord and Ajax in 1 weekend lol

22 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Strictly speaking surely that isn't possible unless i'm reading it wrong. I presume CL sides tend to play on Saturdays so there would always be a 2 whole days minimum between games either side of CL fixtures. EL sides on the Sunday after EL fixtures. What would happen say if last weekend and PSV were still in the EL, Ajax played on the Wednesday with the 2nd leg this Tuesday, but inbetween they were due to play PSV who couldn't play until the Sunday because they were in EL action on Thursday.

Think i'm just being super pedantic lol there's no doubt the way we do it is pathetic though

Well the easier example would be what if Liverpool played Arsenal/Chelsea. Liverpool have to play Saturday to avoid a 2 day break between CL and league. Arsenal/Chelsea would require a Sunday game for the same reason. Not sure if the UEFA would then move the EL game to a Wednesday or something. I have seen EL games moved to other days before. Anyway, tangent...

Earliest train from Notts to Manchester gets in at 11:45 so i'm hoping it's the Monday too lol but as others have said, no reason they couldn't make it lunchtime Monday... they wont though!

Even worse trains Leicester to Manchester on the sunday too! 

Edited by AjcW

34 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Well to be even more pedantic PSV never played in the Europa League this season. 

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/--knvb-changes-eredivisie-schedule-to-give-ajax-peace-again-for-cl-.H1gm005Uv4.html

There has been changes this mind but if you read only three games actually changed days. The kick-off times were altered instead. 

The Dutch fixtures is an extreme but you can take the German Bundesliga/Serie A approach where they announced the fixed dates post European draws. There's none of this - subject to change nonsense and where by standing games get moved (e.g our home game against Palace). At the moment, Sky are picking games for the sake of ensuring their TV selections are used. Six games televised in the penultimate weekend - and only three are likely to have something riding on them. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well to be even more pedantic PSV never played in the Europa League this season. 

https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/--knvb-changes-eredivisie-schedule-to-give-ajax-peace-again-for-cl-.H1gm005Uv4.html

There has been changes this mind but if you read only three games actually changed days. The kick-off times were altered instead. 

The Dutch fixtures is an extreme but you can take the German Bundesliga/Serie A approach where they announced the fixed dates post European draws. There's none of this - subject to change nonsense and where by standing games get moved (e.g our home game against Palace). At the moment, Sky are picking games for the sake of ensuring their TV selections are used. Six games televised in the penultimate weekend - and only three are likely to have something riding on them. 

Not sure about Serie A but the Bundesliga games are all owned by Sky (although Eurosport have some sort of stake in it too). Plus, every Bundesliga game is televised, even the 15:30 Saturday games.

This means that there is no problem selecting matches for "special" TV coverage (e.g. Saturday evening 18:30 or Friday/Sunday). They can just play safe when there is a chance that European games can cause chaos.

Just to throw another possibility in. We could see Liverpool move to Saturday evening (late) and us remain and the Monday game scrapped. The question is, are Sky happy to scrap a Monday night bank holiday game?

Sat 12:30 Man C vs Leic

Sat 17:30 Cardiff vs Palace (BT)

Sat 19:45 Newcastle vs Liverpool

Sun 14:00 Huddersfield vs Utd

Sun 16:30 Bournemouth vs Spurs

Mon 20:00 No game

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just to throw another possibility in. We could see Liverpool move to Saturday evening (late) and us remain and the Monday game scrapped. The question is, are Sky happy to scrap a Monday night bank holiday game?

Sat 12:30 Man C vs Leic

Sat 17:30 Cardiff vs Palace (BT)

Sat 19:45 Newcastle vs Liverpool

Sun 14:00 Huddersfield vs Utd

Sun 16:30 Bournemouth vs Spurs

Mon 20:00 No game

Dream on I think is the answer to that lol