Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Fixture change: Man city away

A swap with the Liverpool fixture would make more sense.
Certainly a better slot for Liverpool and Sunday evening is a better TV slot to present the PL trophy (IF they win it).

Then move Spurs to Sat afternoon
But I'm guessing they'll wait until after tonight's results before announcing the changes.

5 minutes ago, Ox-Paul said:

A swap with the Liverpool fixture would make more sense.
Certainly a better slot for Liverpool and Sunday evening is a better TV slot to present the PL trophy (IF they win it).

Then move Spurs to Sat afternoon
But I'm guessing they'll wait until after tonight's results before announcing the changes.

They have no reason to wait. Chelsea and Arsenal are not TV fixtures. They'll likely go with minimal impact/disruption. Spurs and Liverpool have to be moved so they'll try to limit it to those 2 changes only. So Liverpool late Saturday and Spurs on the Sunday afternoon slot is ideal.

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Now there's a verb I've never seen before.....whipsawed

Is the sense here "pushed and pulled all over the place" or similar? Widely used in the US?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whipsaw

: to beset or victimize in two opposite ways at once, by a two-phase operation, or by the collusive action of two opponents: e.g. wage earners were whipsawed by inflation and high taxes

That's what I meant ... and your two opponents are Sky Sports and British Rail ... if you can defeat them, there's that other one ... Man City's attack can "push and pull all over the place" too ...

Anyway, good luck going, and say hello to Riyad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

So it’ll be the Monday now then?

Unless they move Liverpool to Saturday night 19:45 and scrap the Monday game then very likely. No confirmation yet though. Sky are taking the piss, surely all scenarios were planned out before. They also need to move Arsenal and Chelsea games (the PL that is, not Sky).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Sky always take the piss they are only interested in armchair fans, they couldn't care less about fans who go to the games especially as transport etc. needs sorting out

Clubs don't care about fans that go to games either. They are all in Sky's pockets.

And it'll never change because the same people moan about it on the internet but still pay to go to game. We seem to be very good at moaning without actually going anything. I don't watch much European football but I see that every time a German game is moved to a Monday night the fans protest and Dortmund's attendance is down by 30%.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Clubs don't care about fans that go to games either. They are all in Sky's pockets.

And it'll never change because the same people moan about it on the internet but still pay to go to game. We seem to be very good at moaning without actually going anything. I don't watch much European football but I see that every time a German game is moved to a Monday night the fans protest and Dortmund's attendance is down by 30%.

Now, i know the fans pay about 10 million pound for tickets a season (total guess but 4m a year for season tickets) sky pay over 1 billion. I think I understand why the club's do what they're told. 

I know footballs nothing without fans bit still! 

Edited by browniefox
Last sentence
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Go support them then,I always want Leicester to win regardless.

You dont understand special circumstances do you. If Coventry were about to win the league depending if we won a game, would you still be willing us to win?