Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Fixture change: Man city away

25 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why has it moved?

Basically Ajax have a cup final on Sunday so they have to play on Wednesday, meaning Liverpool have to play on Tuesday. Liverpool originally were supposed to play on a Sunday but due to the short turn around they get the 12:30 Saturday slot we originally had. Spurs get the slot Liverpool had on the Sunday, leaving us with the Monday night game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Basically Ajax have a cup final on Sunday so they have to play on Wednesday, meaning Liverpool have to play on Tuesday. Liverpool originally were supposed to play on a Sunday but due to the short turn around they get the 12:30 Saturday slot we originally had. Spurs get the slot Liverpool had on the Sunday, leaving us with the Monday night game. 

You never know, UEFA might be flexible and play both second legs on the Wednesday as currently both semis are being played on the same day for both legs. They could put Huddersfield vs United to the Monday instead of Bournemouth Spurs, move that to the Sunday and leave us alone (wishful thinking most probably!) ?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11695432/when-are-the-cl-semi-finals-and-final

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Do we have actual confirmation? 

They are utter wankstains the TV companies. Ironic that Ajax who are in the CL set their fixtures in late July and they never change, they factor all the potential European qualification and television coverage into it 

Hundreds of millions in TV money and it'd be different. 

I read mixed reviews of the away support, but more and more I am respectful.

Back when I was a Browns STH, my longest away trip was Houston.  About the distance of Bucharest from you -- but NEVER an issue of timing since I had a few months to buy the cheapest airfare (and family to stay with :whistle: ).

I always figured English fans fill the away stands because it’s a quick day trip -- get shitfaced on the train and all that.  Now I see how these fixtures get whipsawed here and there, with few or no trains running, and I start to wonder why so many of you bother.

If you’re going and in any voice -- good on you. 

• Like 1

Absoloute shite. Can't stay 8pm on a Monday surely. It's a bank holiday just knock it back to 5.

I didn't buy train tickets yet because, even though I thought Man City would beat Spurs, there was always that chance this'll happen.

8 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

You never know, UEFA might be flexible and play both second legs on the Wednesday as currently both semis are being played on the same day for both legs. They could put Huddersfield vs United to the Monday instead of Bournemouth Spurs, move that to the Sunday and leave us alone (wishful thinking most probably!) ?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11695432/when-are-the-cl-semi-finals-and-final

No way UEFA will do that, they are just waiting to confirm which game is Tues and which is Weds. These spivs and their broadcast partners rule football

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Hundreds of millions in TV money and it'd be different. 

Accepted it's a necessary evil and I have no issue with the original switch. 

However, they shouldn't have the ability to move a game twice. A rule should be asserted by the FA and the Premier League that gives a latest date that a fixture can be moved. Six weeks seems sensible. My point about Ajax and Eredivisie is that they take into account all the potential factors and they can name dates nine months in advance. 

For example the Arsenal home game should have been announced as the Sunday noon as that was possible regardless of their success in the Europa League. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2