Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal fixture brought forward

8 hours ago, EastNeukFox said:

Ever since this game was announced as being on TV, it’s been stated that it would move to Sunday lunchtime if Arsenal made the Europa League semis, so unfortunately if you’ve planned for it being Monday, then it’s you that gambled.

Hey don’t you be bringing logic around here 

I thought that the minimum acceptable number of days between fixtures is 3 days so Monday to Thursday (for their Europa League semi) was alright was it not? It was alright when Arsenal played this Monday at Watford then 3 days later in Naples and also Chelsea did the same days the previous week after playing West Ham.

It makes no sense especially at this short notice. I thought there was like a minimum 40 day notice that had to be given so it’s weird how they’ve changed it twice and the second time with only 9 days notice 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I'll be in the States, and it's now unlikely to be shown live on US television. :mad:

If the US is anything like Australia, we get every single premier league game shown live, regardless of time of day.

Im sure the US would be the same

5 hours ago, RutlanderFox said:

I thought that the minimum acceptable number of days between fixtures is 3 days so Monday to Thursday (for their Europa League semi) was alright was it not? It was alright when Arsenal played this Monday at Watford then 3 days later in Naples and also Chelsea did the same days the previous week after playing West Ham.

It makes no sense especially at this short notice. I thought there was like a minimum 40 day notice that had to be given so it’s weird how they’ve changed it twice and the second time with only 9 days notice 

3 days is fine, however, on this occassion, the PL are trying to help Arsenal out which I can understand.

Also, as soon as this game was scheduled for Monday, they said if Arsenal reach the semi's, it moves to Sunday. So people were told in advance and bought tickets at their own risk.

What they should have done (the PL/Sky) is set the game to Sunday from the outset and not take any risks of it moving again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

3 days is fine, however, on this occassion, the PL are trying to help Arsenal out which I can understand.

Also, as soon as this game was scheduled for Monday, they said if Arsenal reach the semi's, it moves to Sunday. So people were told in advance and bought tickets at their own risk.

What they should have done (the PL/Sky) is set the game to Sunday from the outset and not take any risks of it moving again.

Far too rational and thought through - get out. :P

Unless a mass amount of its current customers unsubscribe from their services, Sky will continue to rule the roost over every other rival on this stance.

It's a shame, but it's how it operates (put themselves in front of everyone else).