Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

As much as I hate saying this, but I think Vardy would be an absolute passenger in the Premier League next year if we extended his contract.  If he is purely there to pass his wisdom on to Daka and Cannon, then I could possibly see a place for him, but it's been a good couple of seasons since he was consistently showing defenders a clean set of heels. if he doesn't have that explosive pace anymore (which i think we can all agree, he doesn't) then I don't see how he could be effective. 

Offer him a role as an assistant coach if he wants to stay in the game (a bit like we did with Kevin Phillips) 

If you look at strikers to play in the Premier League in the last 10 years, Only Peter Crouch and Ronaldo would have been older than Vardy going into the 24/25 season.  Neither of those were effective in their final seasons. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

As much as I hate saying this, but I think Vardy would be an absolute passenger in the Premier League next year if we extended his contract.  If he is purely there to pass his wisdom on to Daka and Cannon, then I could possibly see a place for him, but it's been a good couple of seasons since he was consistently showing defenders a clean set of heels. if he doesn't have that explosive pace anymore (which i think we can all agree, he doesn't) then I don't see how he could be effective. 

Offer him a role as an assistant coach if he wants to stay in the game (a bit like we did with Kevin Phillips) 

If you look at strikers to play in the Premier League in the last 10 years, Only Peter Crouch and Ronaldo would have been older than Vardy going into the 24/25 season.  Neither of those were effective in their final seasons. 

If Vardy leaves we'll be left with two strikers, is that really where our money will be best spent? Whoever comes in will almost certainly need to be a passenger as I doubt we manage to get an upgrade on either Daka or Cannon. I feel like Vardy will suit the role of third choice perfectly if he takes a decent wage cut. He's still got the highest goals per 90 in the championship for players with more than 900 minutes. 

• Like 2

as long as he's on a reasonable contract next season, I'd keep him as the third striker. whilst its easy to get carried away with the the new team rebuild its important to have some experience around the dressing room. he's still a very much capable striker.

if however he looks for a payday be it through the MLS or Saudi league then I'll have no qualms.

Is it true that Vards is our top goalscorer this season? What a player he is.  He's not what he was, but what he was was the greatest of all time. (And don't start me off on how that serial loser Harry Kane got in the England squad ahead of him).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Is it true that Vards is our top goalscorer this season? What a player he is.  He's not what he was, but what he was was the greatest of all time. (And don't start me off on how that serial loser Harry Kane got in the England squad ahead of him).

107 minutes per goal as well which is good going. Only bettered by Daka

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/top-scorers

Edited by HybridFox

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

What? 

Think he means that Kane has never won a thing, hence serial loser. I’m sure you know this. However Kane is a hell of a player and a hell of a goal scorer. So I also get the what? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Think he means that Kane has never won a thing, hence serial loser. I’m sure you know this. However Kane is a hell of a player and a hell of a goal scorer. So I also get the what? 🤣🤣

Jamie Vardy won the premier league with Leicester City, are arry is struggling to win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich. Vardy is a winner and I ****ing adore him (yes - I am a bit pissed)

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Jamie Vardy won the premier league with Leicester City, are arry is struggling to win the Bundeliga with Bayern Munich. Vardy is a winner and I ****ing adore him

Yes, I know, I was agreeing with what you meant whilst still also understanding the ‘what’ comment. Kane is an exceptional striker. So was Vardy. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes, I know, I was agreeing with what you meant whilst still also understanding the ‘what’ comment. Kane is an exceptional striker. Son was Vardy. 

I know (assuming that's a typo and you aren't referring to Son Heung-min) The only way Kane is exceptional is that it is exceptional that such a very good player can win nothing. Even when he joins Bayern Munich (who have previously won 11 titles on the trot).  It's like joining Celtic ffs.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I know (assuming that's a typo and you aren't referring to Son Heung-min) The only way Kane is exceptional is that it is exceptional that such a very good player can win nothing. Even when he joins Bayern Munich (who have previously won 11 titles on the trot).  It's like joining Celtic ffs.

The curse of Kane eh?  Is it a real thing?  It might be. 

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Every time I see this bloke put the ball in the back of the net in person it gives me little tinges of feeling from THAT season. 

Just enjoy every one, because every goal is nearer to the last. 

yesterdays goal was a similar placing to the 11 streak goal. same end. same place of the goal ball hits the net. thats what got me

• Like 1