Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Considering I thought we should’ve chopped him a couple of seasons back, yes - 12 months on reduced terms or pay as you play.

There were a lot of people who were excited about taking £7m from West brom at the end of the season we just survived, just before he broke the consecutive goals record and we won the league....

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

There were a lot of people who were excited about taking £7m from West brom at the end of the season we just survived, just before he broke the consecutive goals record and we won the league....

I’d long held that we should have cashed in as he approached 35 and replaced him with a younger player with quality…but he just won’t stop proving me wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

I’d long held that we should have cashed in as he approached 35 and replaced him with a younger player with quality…but he just won’t stop proving me wrong.

He is a freak!

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I’d absolutely give him a new deal, but it does have to be on considerably lower wages. He’s still good enough, for me, but we don’t have the ability to pay £100k a week anymore. £50k tops. 

We have to be a club with ethos, principles and respect to all those who were committed to the team. We've made a massive mistake with Kasper. Both Vardy and Albrighton should be treated the best way possible. I don't think these 2 are greedy. An honourable new contract with lower decent wages and some more involvement in different positions within the team will do the job. 

10 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I’d absolutely give him a new deal, but it does have to be on considerably lower wages. He’s still good enough, for me, but we don’t have the ability to pay £100k a week anymore. £50k tops. 

I would too, but I'm just wondering how much the possible points deduction might make it look like potentially going out on a downer with a relegation rather than going now with hopefully a promotion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I would too, but I'm just wondering how much the possible points deduction might make it look like potentially going out on a downer with a relegation rather than going now with hopefully a promotion. 

We won't get any points deduction in PL but if we do there will be a lot other teams getting the same. The timing of these "news" says it all and it's not a coincidence: Bad officiating the last few weeks? Tick. Sky and TalkSport suddenly building hype with their coverage of EFL? Tick. Do they think we're stupid? 

• Like 1

Without his goals we wouldn’t be in the top 2, if we get promoted we have done with vardy in the side which is shocking we have STILL have to rely on the 37 year old, he deserves a 1 year extension obviously on lower wages (what we can afford) but I think he can still score big goals in the prem!! Sign him up

• Like 1

Flippin heck vards is literally grabbing this team by the scruff of the neck and dragging us over the promotion line.

we are still missing chances but vards is putting his in when we desperately need it. 
if that’s not leadership at his age no one should be walking out there or not putting a tackle and legging it to stop a pass, block a shot, scoring a sitter. I see too many looking knackered out there. Vardy is expressing like how we are all feeling. Get the f*** job done lads!

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but why did they just randomly remove Gary Lineker's name from the Family Stand? Hardly a glowing tribute. Wouldn't put it past them to name a stand after Vardy and replace it with Pukka Pies a few years later. 

Edited by Gamble92

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Look at these stats. A 37 year old veteran is by far the best striker in the league. Adam Armstrong with 18 and 11 us impressive but he's played 10 more games than Vardy. Absolute 🐐 

Screenshot_20240309_223125_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e393f0994536d59d0da771e11bb22b56.jpg

Good to see Iva Hardie doing well for Plymouth

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Slightly off topic but why did they just randomly remove Gary Lineker's name from the Family Stand? Hardly a glowing tribute. Wouldn't put it past them to name a stand after Vardy and replace it with Pukka Pies a few years later. 

Few years back now I think.

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Slightly off topic but why did they just randomly remove Gary Lineker's name from the Family Stand? Hardly a glowing tribute. Wouldn't put it past them to name a stand after Vardy and replace it with Pukka Pies a few years ago 

He tweeted something critical about king power.

• Haha 3