Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

13 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

was a little surprised at how amused people around me were when our fans gave it the ' Jamie Vardy, he's won more than you' response to the 'grass' crap.

To be fair to them, while we obviously hear it every week, your average family of Hull fans don't!

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Quite embarrassing for Daka and Iheanacho that a 37 year old on his last legs has scored more than both of them combined.

Reality is that Vardy is ( & until he hangs up his boots ) is a different beast. 
In all of that team take a look at his play, he’s lost none of his passion, always got fire in his belly always giving the opponents fans stick when he scores, I love the bloke , people question can he still do it , stats speak for themselves & you’ve mentioned it yourself in saying he’s scored more than nacho & Daka put together,the answer is YES give him another contract as we need leaders like him in our team. You cannot buy experience at any level & in any job.🦊🦊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pwilky58 said:

Absolute legend , I just love him . Dread the day he goes . How good was his second goal yesterday , just class . 

Vintage Vardy. Didn't snatch at it. Had the presence of mind to lift it over the keeper into the far post. It's been a privilege to watch this man play for us

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is the greatest player that we’ve ever had. If with two years of his retiring/leaving we do not have a) a statue of him right on the corner near the away stand of him in full celebration mode and b) the stand named after him, it would be diabolical on our part. We should all be petitioning the club for it. 

His contribution to us as a club justifies it at the very least. 

Great Post. Surely the club can see this should be done

• Like 1

Easily our greatest ever. And one of our most talented. His ability is underrated by a lot of fans. 

Has as many for us now as Wright got for Arsenal and more than Fowler and George Best got for their respective teams (obviously with the caveat that Best was not an out and out striker). I never thought I'd see an LCFC player get that many, and I really really hope he can join the two Arthurs in the 200 club. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

If and when we painfully limp over the line I’d wager my bets that it’s Vards that gets us there.

This is Leicester, so it'll be a goal off a recalled Sourmare's backside.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Easily our greatest ever. And one of our most talented. His ability is underrated by a lot of fans. 

Has as many for us now as Wright got for Arsenal and more than Fowler and George Best got for their respective teams (obviously with the caveat that Best was not an out and out striker). I never thought I'd see an LCFC player get that many, and I really really hope he can join the two Arthurs in the 200 club. 

Great post

Educated me that has.

More goals than wrighty / Best wow.

Vardy needs his contract sorting out ASAP, no doubt it must be, club must be waiting to see which division we’ll be in next season. Assuming Jamie wants to stay , why wouldn’t he, as for the statue of him ( at king power) this’ll surely happen when he retires.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Great post

Educated me that has.

More goals than wrighty / Best wow.

Vardy needs his contract sorting out ASAP, no doubt it must be, club must be waiting to see which division we’ll be in next season. Assuming Jamie wants to stay , why wouldn’t he, as for the statue of him ( at king power) this’ll surely happen when he retires.

Also more than Dalglish got for Liverpool!

I like my football history so I've always watched his tally with interest and how it compares to others. If you'd told me that I would see a Leicester player get this close to 200, I would've imagined it would be in the lower leagues. The fact he scored most of them in the Premier League, with some of the defences we've seen in this era, is unbelievable. What a player. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is the greatest player that we’ve ever had. If with two years of his retiring/leaving we do not have a) a statue of him right on the corner near the away stand of him in full celebration mode and b) the stand named after him, it would be diabolical on our part. We should all be petitioning the club for it. 

His contribution to us as a club justifies it at the very least. 

We don't celebrate our tradition and history that well. I don't know why. As much as I dislike Liverpool they do this very well. All clubs need to build a bit of mythology around themselves. 

• Like 3

At the start of each season people keep saying that Vardy is past it, finished etc. Then tell us we need to find a twenty goal a season striker, who are not that easy to come by and cost a fortune, yet we already have one. His name? Jamie Richard Vardy.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned recently on here but behind Dean Lewington at MK Dons who's still playing in defence for them, then I believe JV is the second longest serving team member is all four divisions at present, 2012-the present.....amazing! I wonder what will be next season??

• Thanks 1

Think because of his image there's a feeling he's a rough footballer and a bit untidy but some of his touches are pure class. Some of his recent goals have been clinical and quality.

• Like 2