Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Cult icon and hero. We’d be screwed without him, he helped us achieve the ultimate and of the three “Crown Jewels” of 15/16 he’s the only one that’s stayed. 

Mine and many others favourite ever player and well worth the thread. Here’s to you Jamie Vardy ! :appl:

How many posters on here,even dared to doubt what he gives and what he can and will bring to the table...just shows again ,none of our rabble browsers on

this forum can pick a player,or have patience where they should be encouraging the individuals...

Vardy is simply one of those unique individual beasts,that bring their own quality of skill set and bad-arse never say die attitudes to their own,and teammates

Game...And he doesn't lack skill. A good crosser,has an eye for an instant move,even when it's not him on the end of it...Ronaldo more than Messi has it,

Zlatan had it...

AND. HE'S OURS..AND OUR MR Leicester...!!!

• Like 3

I said it in the match thread but I don't mind repeating myself.

After all I don't mind repeating myself.

After struggling with Puel's methods by his own admission, Vardy is only three goals away from the golden boot as it stands.

Vardy has scored 9 goals in the last 10 games, only missing out against Burnley and Newcastle.  If you think how phenomenal his Premier League scoring record was (11 in 11), he nearly gone and repeated it.

I wish he was 23.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

I said it in the match thread but I don't mind repeating myself.

After all I don't mind repeating myself.

After struggling with Puel's methods by his own admission, Vardy is only three goals away from the golden boot as it stands.

Vardy has scored 9 goals in the last 10 games, only missing out against Burnley and Newcastle.  If you think how phenomenal his Premier League scoring record was (11 in 11), he nearly gone and repeated it.

I wish he was 23.

Wasn’t it 13 goals in total in eleven games, it’s unlikely but he could still match that total although obviously not the consecutive record 

Edited by jammie82uk

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We’ll struggle to replace him when he retires. How much would a guaranteed 15-25 goals a season Premier League striker set you back these days?

Wolves paid 38M to make their loan move for Raul Jimenez permanent and he only has 12 goals. And yet I would say that that money is reasonable for a player of his quality as he's proven he can do it. I personally rate him quite highly.

Currently Vardy has more Premier League goals than:

JAMIE VARDY (1m, 16 goals)

- Alexander Lacazette (55m, 13 goals)

- Raul Jimenez (38m, 12 goals)

- Roberto Firmino (35m, 12 goals)

- Richarlison (45m, 12 goals)
- Romelu Lukau (90m, 12 goals)

Aubameyang who has 18 goals and is a top class player cost 56m. So I'd say 50-60m is the price you are looking at for such a talent. Vardy was 1m!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we will ever have a better striker play for us than Vardy, even if we spend that sort of money when it's time for him to quit. I can see us getting another 20 goal a season striker at some point, but Vardy is just ridiculously good. His goal today was soooooooooo good. He scores all of these goals and yet most of them are out of nothing. I genuinely think had he gone to Arsenal he would have cleaned up for them like Aubameyang has. These days more of his goals come from clinical finishes than lightning counter attacks, proving he's more than a one trick pony. Lineker went onto become a truly world class striker, but whilst he was with us he was not in the same league as Vardy.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wolves paid 38M to make their loan move for Raul Jimenez permanent and he only has 12 goals. And yet I would say that that money is reasonable for a player of his quality as he's proven he can do it. I personally rate him quite highly.

Currently Vardy has more Premier League goals than:

JAMIE VARDY (1m, 16 goals)

- Alexander Lacazette (55m, 13 goals)

- Raul Jimenez (38m, 12 goals)

- Roberto Firmino (35m, 12 goals)

- Richarlison (45m, 12 goals)
- Romelu Lukau (90m, 12 goals)

Aubameyang who has 18 goals and is a top class player cost 56m. So I'd say 50-60m is the price you are looking at for such a talent. Vardy was 1m!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we will ever have a better striker play for us than Vardy, even if we spend that sort of money when it's time for him to quit. I can see us getting another 20 goal a season striker at some point, but Vardy is just ridiculously good. His goal today was soooooooooo good. He scores all of these goals and yet most of them are out of nothing. I genuinely think had he gone to Arsenal he would have cleaned up for them like Aubameyang has. These days more of his goals come from clinical finishes than lightning counter attacks, proving he's more than a one trick pony. Lineker went onto become a truly world class striker, but whilst he was with us he was not in the same league as Vardy.

I think we need to mould Barnes into Vardy as he ages as he's going to be extremely hard to replace

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think we need to mould Barnes into Vardy as he ages as he's going to be extremely hard to replace

Barnes is more of a Mane / Salah / Sane / Sterling type of player. It's notable for Liverpool that Mane and Salah both have more goals than their number 9 Firmino, so getting somewhere toward the 15-20 goal a season mark for a wide forward is a good aspiration to have. Perhaps in 4/5 years he will be capable of it! But Barnes won't ever be a number 9 and I'm not sure we will ever sign anyone as good as Vardy in that role. In fact we might end up signing someone more like Firmino who is a very good player that is essential to their team, but not their main man. I think one of many things that makes Vardy unique is that he carries our team despite having such limited service. He also links play very well too, such a great player as we all know!

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Word legend is thrown around like confetti these days, but Vardy is an absolute legend in the true sense of the word. Love the bloke and love that other teams hate him so much. We all know why. 

At almost every away ground I have been to, on the way out I have heard "I wish we had a Vardy." Even at Chelsea and Arsenal!