Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Missed a sitter but took his goal well. Clinical 

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Absolute howler for his miss but great finish for the goal. Start him against Leeds with Cannon off the bench

It was below his standards for sure and I was expecting the net to ripple, but I don’t think it was a howler. I was in line with the cross and the ball looked to be ever so slightly behind him so had to adjust and couldn’t get a clean connection. And the defender had his foot in, but yes he should have scored.

45 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It was below his standards for sure and I was expecting the net to ripple, but I don’t think it was a howler. I was in line with the cross and the ball looked to be ever so slightly behind him so had to adjust and couldn’t get a clean connection. And the defender had his foot in, but yes he should have scored.

He was 6 yards from goal with the ball on the floor, it was definitely a howler. Id say it was harder to put it over the bar from there then score 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Yesterday's  goal suggests he hasn't lost his speed certainly  not over 10 yards

I think he reserves his energy more now. 

He doesn’t press so aggressively like he once did. However, like you say, he’s still a nightmare for defenders in those situations like yesterday. 

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

The massive elephant in the room, is would you give him a new contract? 

No massive elephant we offer him in a deal…..stupid if we don’t ! - terms should be different but he’s still our best striker!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

2nd/3rd choice striker in the PL is likely still worth at least 50k pw? Particularly a "free transfer" with no signing on fee

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2024 at 07:19, Sly said:

Considering I thought we should’ve chopped him a couple of seasons back, yes - 12 months on reduced terms or pay as you play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Continues to make his doubters on here look foolish. The fact that we're still so reliant on a 37 year old speaks volumes about him but also about the likes of Daka and Nacho

Before the start of the season I said here he might score 17-20 this season and there were many doubting this. Not far off. This guy is a world class scoring machine, one of the best hard working all time strikers. 

Imo he should have an honourable new contract as a legend and his shirt displayed in the stadium next to our PL winners and FA Cup winners trophies. The US way, like they do it in NBA, MLB and NHL. 

• Like 1