Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We all know thatt but his postioning and eye for goal is still clinical as it ever was.
8 goals this season and third overall in goal scoerers this season.
He's 37 of course his pace isn't going to be the same 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue of for Vardy and our team is that he cannot press like Cannon or Daka and the team suffers as a result. The same with Iheanacho.

Vardy may well still have a part to play for us and against certain opposition but we saw against Ipswich that if we have a slender lead and need to ensure we don't drop off from the front, he's not the answer.

What was encouraging on Saturday though was his harshly ruled out 2nd goal. As a team we don't get enough 1 v 1 chances for our strikers and he's always been the best of them all.

I think it may be just me who thinks Cannon's pressing is really weak. Whenever i see him when we're not in possession he's barely moving.

• Like 2

Just now, honeybradger said:

I think it may be just me who thinks Cannon's pressing is really weak. Whenever i see him when we're not in possession he's barely moving.

Hmmmm don't think I can agree with you on that. His pressing vs Ipswich was very strong. I'd noticed it first in the Huddersfield game as well.

I'll watch him again but he's a noticeable improvement on Vardy and most definitely Iheanacho who's unpressable.

• Like 3

On 28/01/2024 at 13:44, honeybradger said:

Still think that even though he's not at his best he is still our best striker. I would feel much more confident going into next season with Vardy as our main man than Daka or Cannon, even though i do think they are both good. Hopefully he stay at least one more year.

I love Jamie Vardy but let's face facts, he is never going to be at his best again !!!    He is not going to be our main striker in the Premier next season at 37/38 & if he's still at the club I would be surprised.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue of for Vardy and our team is that he cannot press like Cannon or Daka and the team suffers as a result. The same with Iheanacho.

Vardy may well still have a part to play for us and against certain opposition but we saw against Ipswich that if we have a slender lead and need to ensure we don't drop off from the front, he's not the answer.

What was encouraging on Saturday though was his harshly ruled out 2nd goal. As a team we don't get enough 1 v 1 chances for our strikers and he's always been the best of them all.

Strange Mavididi, KdH, and Cannon, 

Converted 1 v1 recently..