Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Thai Monarch

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Man City owned by the Royal family of Abu Dhabi in the UAE, nothing to do with Saudi Arabia. 

Alright, fair enough. You get my gist though.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody's "acting surprised" though. They're just saying it's a bit much for the club to be promoting it in a very public way, and that it doesn't sit comfortably with them.

I don't particularlly like it. But our money ultimately comes from the Thai King's favour. And it may soon stop flowing.

It expected, pratical and follows from the buyout and source of the buyout although not particularly great, I agree.

I, of course, would have preferred Greenpeace to buy us out, rather than savvy Thai billionaires.

My biggest issue is actually with those so offended making this something much bigger than it actually is. Fan sites are readily trawled by news networks and papers. They feasibly could turn a relative non story into a major issue potentially upsetting our fantastic owners in the process. If not the media it will be highlighted by some  bitter and jealous fans ala the Hamza issue!

If you do feel that strongly though and this is such a terrible action then pleasehave the courage of your convictions with protests , handing in season tickets etc etc I'm sure that will also help the club too.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

My biggest issue is actually with those so offended making this something much bigger than it actually is. Fan sites are readily trawled by news networks and papers. They feasibly could turn a relative non story into a major issue potentially upsetting our fantastic owners in the process. If not the media it will be highlighted by some  bitter and jealous fans ala the Hamza issue!

If you do feel that strongly though and this is such a terrible action then pleasehave the courage of your convictions with protests , handing in season tickets etc etc I'm sure that will also help the club too.

War is peace

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

There's only one person making a big deal out if it, and that's you.

A few people just feel slightly uncomfortable with it. They're not advocating any action over it, just expressing a view.

Do people really think King Power are so brittle that they'd get upset by a handful of supporters on the internet expressing an opinion? lol

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

A few people just feel slightly uncomfortable with it. They're not advocating any action over it, just expressing a view.

Do people really think King Power are so brittle that they'd get upset by a handful of supporters on the internet expressing an opinion? lol

Really, ive seen posts saying certain groups should approach the club about the situation. Your either offended or not. 

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Really, ive seen posts saying certain groups should approach the club about the situation. Your either offended or not. 

There's one post suggesting that, and I doubt anything will come of it.

From what I've seen, most people are just suggesting they're not entirely happy about it.

Edited by Voll Blau

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

There's one post suggesting that, and I doubt anything will come of it.

Form what I've seen, most people are just suggesting they're not entirely happy about it.

I hope so , people have had their say lets not turn on each other .

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Really? What I'm saying is quite the opposite.

I personally feel that it is a non issue, our owners who have pumped multi millions into the club, own the ground and have massively supported the community and local charities put a personal message on the big screens which they own in the ground they own.

Thai Fox has covered the above in far more detail but like I said if YOU and others feel so strongly and deem it to be such an issue then you have choices.... protest, complain directly to the club or vote with your feet .

I am not making it the big issue you guys that are raising this are, I look forward to hearing what you actually do about it.

25 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I personally feel that it is a non issue, our owners who have pumped multi millions into the club, own the ground and have massively supported the community and local charities put a personal message on the big screens which they own in the ground they own.

Thai Fox has covered the above in far more detail but like I said if YOU and others feel so strongly and deem it to be such an issue then you have choices.... protest, complain directly to the club or vote with your feet .

I am not making it the big issue you guys that are raising this are, I look forward to hearing what you actually do about it.

The questions was asked what folks thought of it. It brought about good debate. It has been IMO an interesting and actually eye opening topic. 

It's all getting a little touchy on here now if anyone slightly disagrees with something the owners do. They are not beyond reproach.

• Like 4

Yet you're worried a few posts on this thread could upset a huge corporation if they see them? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yet you're worried a few posts on this thread could upset a huge corporation if they see them? lol

If you get a situation where it is picked up and makes the press ( plenty of stuff has been in recent times) then I would be concerned it would upset Top, all that him and his beloved late father have done for the club and a personal message flashed up on the screens has concerned some who are now questioning the morals of our fantastic owners. They are human and have feelings and beliefs as well as business interests to oversee too.You keep calling them a huge corporation and I'll keep calling  them fantastic owners. 

I have not once in any of my replies stated people don't have the right to debate, question or have opinions.

I have stated why I disagree and my personal feelings that this is a mountain out of a molehill scenario. If our owners insisted we sang the Thai national anthem and swore allegiance to the crown then that's a different matter. It was a personal message from OUR owners to the sovereign of THEIR homeland.

We have differing opinions and I look forward to you letting us know what you've actually done about it as IT IS an issue to you and a few others.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The questions was asked what folks thought of it. It brought about good debate. It has been IMO an interesting and actually eye opening topic. 

It's all getting a little touchy on here now if anyone slightly disagrees with something the owners do. They are not beyond reproach.

Totally, noone is beyond reproach, I personally do not see what the major issue is , however I will be interested in the actions/ protests of those who do obviously have a problem. My forecast is they'll bitch and moan on here and do feck all.

If you get a situation where it is picked up and makes the press ( plenty of stuff has been in recent times) then I would be concerned it would upset Top, all that him and his beloved late father have done for the club and a personal message flashed up on the screens has concerned some who are now questioning the morals of our fantastic owners. They are human and have feelings and beliefs as well as business interests to oversee too.You keep calling them a huge corporation and I'll keep calling  them fantastic owners. 

I have not once in any of my replies stated people don't have the right to debate, question or have opinions.

I have stated why I disagree and my personal feelings that this is a mountain out of a molehill scenario. If our owners insisted we sang the Thai national anthem and swore allegiance to the crown then that's a different matter. It was a personal message from OUR owners to the sovereign of THEIR homeland.

We have differing opinions and I look forward to you letting us know what you've actually done about it as IT IS an issue to you and a few others.

It was addressed from Leicester City Football Club, and by implication its supporters, not them personally.

I hate to flippant, but if Top is capable of being upset by a few comments on the internet about a matter such as this*, then I'd be seriously concerned about whether should be running a football club at all.

*He definitely isn't by the way, in spite of the desire of a few on this thread to portray him as someone so thin-skinned that this would genuinely make him consider whether continuing to be involved with LCFC was at all worthwhile.

26 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I don't think anyone has morally questioned the owners. The immediate concern is why impose politics in such an arena (and then to some of us a decisive figure as well - which leads to the questioning) . The reasoning why they have done it is plain to see. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, David Guiza said:

War is peace

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength :ph34r:

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 10:48, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not really fussed, our owners are respectful of our culture so we should be respectful of theirs.

There's a difference between respect towards a culture, which I totally agree with, and respect towards an individual, which is not compulsory. There are Thai people who do not respect their monarch and actively oppose him. 

• Like 2

So hulls owner wanted to change the club's name. Cardiff City owner changed the shirt colours. Manure owners borrowed every penny to buy the club and the club is paying it back. Coventry owners have been total cvnts. Blackpool as Coventry. 

Ours put up a message to support his King. 

Let's be honest I'd take our owners before any of the above. 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 17:30, Bluetintedspecs said:

Will the the poor sensitive souls be happy if Top and his team walk away from our club? 

I guess those outraged will be unfurling their protest banners next season?

Incredulous and bloody ingrates IMO.

You sound more outraged than anybody else.

Most of the fans on this message board were fans long before the club was taken over and will be fans after it's been sold again. So they are allowed an opinion, no? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bovril said:

You sound more outraged than anybody else.

Most of the fans on this message board were fans long before the club was taken over and will be fans after it's been sold again. So they are allowed an opinion, no? 

Just because I personally think it is a non issue does not make me outraged, I was giving my opinion, I am allowed my opinion, no?

I do not see the relevance of the fans long before the takeover comment? I have been a supporter since 1969 and to me that's about my age and love for the club not the validity of an opinion.

The crux of it is I disagree with the harm/ offense issue and I have stated why.  I would envisage 95 % + of fans attending would not care two hoots about the message but obviously that is just my opinion.

i have purely responded to replies to my posts, that also does not make me outraged it just means I differ in opinion. Best leave it there?

4 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Not really bothered either way.Didn't clap as i don't know enough about Thailand.

Personally, I felt the tribute was gaudi and somewhat excruciating.

And I was a little uncomfortable with it.

However, I did consciously decide to applaud briefly. Partly out of manners to Top (in the same way I wouldn't drink alcohol in a mosque...it's common decency)..... And partly that my club - and in turn me -  has been the beneficiary of over a hundred million quid, almost exclusively generated in Thailand, injected into my hobby/passion.

I took the money .....ergo I dance to the tune the money calls. That's the game.