Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Thai Monarch

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Why the aggression? He's just asking a question. I think theres an interesting narrative to discuss regarding the family relationship moving forward in a changing Thai landscape. 

Aggression?

Where?  I simply asked why it matters, they can put what they want up on the screens and boards around the pitch, my focus was on that bit of green stuff in the middle with 22 men chasing a bag of wind.

Just now, promised land said:

Aggression?

Where?  I simply asked why it matters, they can put what they want up on the screens and boards around the pitch, my focus was on that bit of green stuff in the middle with 22 men chasing a bag of wind.

Calling people a snowflake?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Don't mind, at all.

Really shouldn't worry others so much, either, in the grand scheme of things.

Given all that Vichai/Top and his family/business have given to us and what they've been through themselves, a short message during a football game (at half-time, nonetheless!) paying homage to someone very important in their eyes shouldn't be the biggest of someone's problems at all. 

If it bothers you so much I think perhaps you need to be asking yourself some more serious questions.

Exactly this. Given where we are as a club since Vichai took over (and now Top succeeding him) I don't think people need to get worked up by one message on the last game of the season to a monarchy with historically close connections to the family.

Perhaps it's our own political views / views of monarchies we need to put aside and allow them this personal message.

We are very lucky they chose to come to this club, and for the continued great memories their contribution is creating.

• Like 4

We had condolences to King Bumiboil going around the advertising hoardings for about 6 months if I recall. 

If it makes Top happy, that’s alright with me...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just clarify the reason it doesn’t hold particularly well is that the current political situation in Thailand is very, very merky. Bordering dictatorship 

Agreed for this reason also.

The owners have been so good to us and should be afforded some leeway on matters however I feel this is a little too much to use the club as a platform in this manner.

I'd rather be owned by billionaires who stand by their countries morals and what they believe in than billionaires who represent oil money and basically slavery.

I'm sure they've done some shady shit in their business dealings but as billionaires go I'm proud that they represent us

• Like 4