Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Jean-Kevin Augustin

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Can’t get into the Leipzig side…. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his talents?

If we signed Timo Werner, Vardy wouldn’t get in.... but there would be a queue to sign Vardy... 

27 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

With the interest in Werner we've probably got about as much chance of signing them.

The person I quoted was saying not being able to get into the Leipzig side indicated he must not be very good.... to which I pointed out he’s behind the hottest striker property in Europe... for context. 

Im still not entirely sure what you’re getting at lol or whether you understood the above ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If we signed Timo Werner, Vardy wouldn’t get in.... but there would be a queue to sign Vardy... 

What’s a Timo Werner?

I’m probably not fit to comment on these threads as I genuinely have very little clue about players outside the prem…!

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

What’s a Timo Werner?

I’m probably not fit to comment on these threads as I genuinely have very little clue about players outside the prem…!

German striker and a goal banger.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

What’s a Timo Werner?

Tipped to be Liverpool choice to fill their much needed Number 9 spot next season.

Would describe him as straight out of the Vardy mould, high press, pacey etc etc. Not quite prolific yet but does a lot more for the team.

Just to clarify i wasn't suggesting we could/would sign him... just that he is the reason for Augustin not starting.

• Like 1

Nacho looks fantastic on youtube. In real life he's worse than muck. Would steer clear of any of these 'he's got a lot of potential' type signings this summer, we've done enough shit business for a few years, time to focus on getting players in that WILL get us into the top 6.

51 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Tipped to be Liverpool choice to fill their much needed Number 9 spot next season.

Would describe him as straight out of the Vardy mould, high press, pacey etc etc. Not quite prolific yet but does a lot more for the team.

Just to clarify i wasn't suggesting we could/would sign him... just that he is the reason for Augustin not starting.

you say not quite prolific, but he has 50 goals in 92 league games for leipzig. they're not lewandowski or messi figures but still pretty damn impressive.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

you say not quite prolific, but he has 50 goals in 92 league games for leipzig. they're not lewandowski or messi figures but still pretty damn impressive.

Oh for sure! Just in the realms of world class forwards not quite there yet. Certainly think he’ll get there though! 

He hardly scored at all for Stuttgart and only got 13 last season but seems to have picked up a bit more this season with 16.

People say the leagues are similar in Germany and England so if you take a 15 goals a season striker he’s below a fair few in the PL currently and will likely go for £70m plus. Hell of a prospect though... it’s the pace that’s his most valuable asset for me, so many clubs in the PL need a Vardy style chaser and he’s exactly that 

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Seen him at close quarters when we played RBL in the Europa League this season, in fact he scored when we beat them 2-1.

Looked a very decent player and lots of potential given he's so young.  This would be the ideal type of signing as he has potential that can be developed which Rodgers is great at and is also good enough to give Vardy a rest when required.  Because of his age I also think he'd be happy with such a role for the first year or two.  Fits the profile of exactly the type of striker Leicester should be looking at imo.

No worries fella, Congerton will sort it. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Oh for sure! Just in the realms of world class forwards not quite there yet. Certainly think he’ll get there though! 

He hardly scored at all for Stuttgart and only got 13 last season but seems to have picked up a bit more this season with 16.

People say the leagues are similar in Germany and England so if you take a 15 goals a season striker he’s below a fair few in the PL currently and will likely go for £70m plus. Hell of a prospect though... it’s the pace that’s his most valuable asset for me, so many clubs in the PL need a Vardy style chaser and he’s exactly that 

i would just say that his time at stuttgart should be taken with a fair pinch of salt, seeing as all his appearances came before the age of 20. apart from that, i think you're spot on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

The person I quoted was saying not being able to get into the Leipzig side indicated he must not be very good.... to which I pointed out he’s behind the hottest striker property in Europe... for context. 

Im still not entirely sure what you’re getting at lol or whether you understood the above ?

You're assuming I've read the comment you quoted in your response. 

Since when does anyone on FT read comments properly before replying?

• Haha 4