Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Money Pot

A lot of talk on here about what we have/have not to spend.

Here is a thread for this to be discussed, debated, ITK's to post FACTS and others to post news, interviews, articles speculating on our transfer budget.

So, whadya know?

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Is there anybody that ‘ITK’ to know exactly how much we really have to spend in the transfer market?

Of course not ....... even rudders doesn’t know what we will spend come 10th August but he should know what the budget is ....... s/o fees and other things can affect that figure.    But the club is very private and v few will know 

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course not ....... even rudders doesn’t know what we will spend come 10th August but he should know what the budget is ....... s/o fees and other things can affect that figure.    But the club is very private and v few will know 

5XLA.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s all speculation..

The lack of money posts stems from our financial reports and people trying to read between the lines.. It is clear many fans believe we need to sell before we can buy.. Which is a fair assumption, But.. 

Unless the reliable ITK’s can tell us anything I am taking these money posts with a grain of salt.. Because as of right now, none of us have a clue what’s going on!

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

For me the best single source is Swiss Ramble.  New threads each year as PL clubs post their accounts.  Latest for LCFC can be found at:

- We are extremely dependent on broadcast revenue.  Gates and KP and other sponsorship are at small club levels.

- Net spend is shown in the following chart.  It has risen but stayed reasonable.  Player salaries and transfer amortization have soared.  Wages at 75% of turnover is unsustainable, and may limit our ambitions.

LCFCnetspend.JPG.c979d86cc6a4459b0ee33343705fa4db.JPG

- The club has been profitable after tax four years running.  My guess: FFP will not be the limitation in this window.  The wage bill will.

1858338225_LCFCprofits.JPG.c625550a26cabf634092f11a3480c049.JPG

If up think how much getting rid of Simpson, Okazaki, King, Slimani, Diabate, James, Silva, Jakupovic, etc would free up without thinking of the potential of Iheanacho and Mendy then that would allow us to bring in £400k a week in wages without that bill increasing.

Easier said than done though...

Simpson and Shinji should take off a fair wack from our wage bill. I assume Fuchs and Morgan's wages are reduced. That should help spending. And we could possibly replace Maguire with Benkovic to free up loads of cash. But Top's likely to lose the King Power monopoly in Thailand since the miltary junta isn't too friendly. The junta has already suggested they'll take away the duty free business. I suspect the board will be cautious. It's possible we may be the biggest item on KP's books soon.

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If up think how much getting rid of Simpson, Okazaki, King, Slimani, Diabate, James, Silva, Jakupovic, etc would free up without thinking of the potential of Iheanacho and Mendy then that would allow us to bring in £400k a week in wages without that bill increasing.

Easier said than done though...

There’s no room for our wage bill of ₤120M to grow -- it needs to fall a bit.  If those departures free up ₤250K/week (₤10M/year), that merely gets our wages-to-turnover below 70%, where it needs to be year-on-year.  The only conceivable boost to revenue in the next 12 months is a few places higher in the table.  If we more than replace the wages of leaving players, we may well move from profit to loss.

I’m not even an accountant, much less an ITK.  But nothing in the accounts indicates a net spend exceeding ₤100M (and bringing in multiple high earners) is doable.  So “buy in moderation, or sell big to buy big” is where I’m trying to set my own expectations.

All that said, I know zilch, and maybe the board see “now” as the moment to take a risk and aim for Europe?  Just saying don't count on it.

• Like 4

I wonder if we’re not far off considering sponsorship. The KP global PR push has had more exposure than they could have ever expected, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the training ground and shirt sponsored by someone new come 2020-21

Having absolutely NO inside knowledge and basing it purely on past spending patterns, I predict we'll have a met spend of around £25m. I fully expect 1 first steamer to leave, just like they have in the last few seasons, more than likely Maguire for about £65m meaning we'll prob spend around £90m all in. Fair chance that some of that maybe used in wages for some of the signings we make though as I suspect there might be 3 big signings that will require decent wages and even at that the wage bill may increase slightly even with some fringe players moving on. 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

It’s all speculation..

The lack of money posts stems from our financial reports and people trying to read between the lines.. It is clear many fans believe we need to sell before we can buy.. Which is a fair assumption, But.. 

Unless the reliable ITK’s can tell us anything I am taking these money posts with a grain of salt.. Because as of right now, none of us have a clue what’s going on!

Has anyone said we don’t have money? More a case of “wtf you think we are going to spend £100m”

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

There’s no room for our wage bill of ₤120M to grow -- it needs to fall a bit.  If those departures free up ₤250K/week (₤10M/year), that merely gets our wages-to-turnover below 70%, where it needs to be year-on-year.  The only conceivable boost to revenue in the next 12 months is a few places higher in the table.  If we more than replace the wages of leaving players, we may well move from profit to loss.

I’m not even an accountant, much less an ITK.  But nothing in the accounts indicates a net spend exceeding ₤100M (and bringing in multiple high earners) is doable.  So “buy in moderation, or sell big to buy big” is where I’m trying to set my own expectations.

All that said, I know zilch, and maybe the board see “now” as the moment to take a risk and aim for Europe?  Just saying don't count on it.

True, you would think our business model points to buy young and sell 1 for big money each year to fund 2/3 incomings. If it needs to happen then Maguire is the one to go this summer for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Is there anybody that ‘ITK’ to know exactly how much we really have to spend in the transfer market?

No and if that got out people would get sacked. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

No one knows what we will spend. Out going fees have a huge bearing. But Rudders has a figure be it £60m plus incoming he has a figure. 

Personally we could spend £150m and still be a poorer side. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

True, you would think our business model points to buy young and sell 1 for big money each year to fund 2/3 incomings. If it needs to happen then Maguire is the one to go this summer for me.

YESSSSSSSSSS

Weirdly, I look forward to see what we can do with any funds of Maguire’s possible sale. Evans, Morgan, soyuncu and benkovic is more than enough for me, bar any major injuries which would mean Amartey could cover or even Chilwell who’s certainly strong enough in the air to be a cb in my opinion.

Our net spend will be nothing crazy you’d imagine. We’re not a stupid club and will not want to return to the dark ages.

I don't think football clubs really look at it in terms of macro net spends but more in terms of total player cost for each player so in that respect the club doesn't really know its budget as often talked about here. Who knows what we'll spend but I think some are overly assertive in their belief we won't go big. It's all guesswork anyway. 

If ever there was a season to go big it's this year. 5th could get Champions League and with Chelsea needing reinforcements but facing a ban, Arsenal (possibly with a low budget) and Man Utd (iffy manager) needing some work it could be set up like the title winning season where a team just needs to take advantage.