Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DannyN83

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Precisely the sort of signing(s) we need. Older, veteran players who still have considerable ability but have been replaced by up and comers to balance out our youth-heavy side. Would love to see us consistently looking at goal-scorers in their early 30s being pushed out of top sides by younger players, there is elite talent available periodically that we can snare in that age range that we simply cannot get at a younger age unless we get lucky AF with development.

17 minutes ago, vanity said:

Precisely the sort of signing(s) we need. Older, veteran players who still have considerable ability but have been replaced by up and comers to balance out our youth-heavy side. Would love to see us consistently looking at goal-scorers in their early 30s being pushed out of top sides by younger players, there is elite talent available periodically that we can snare in that age range that we simply cannot get at a younger age unless we get lucky AF with development.

You don’t know what sort of wages he is gonna want or duration.

(currently on £160000)

Logic would suggest as long as possible at 35.

Edited by HankMarvin

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd not want it to be the only winger transfer in this summer but having him as an option could be unreal. 

Struggle to see him refusing a huge contract in China or America to come play back in the premier league to be honest. 2 years in China on stupid money & hang your boots up will be the route I imagine he will take.

28 minutes ago, vanity said:

I’m going to be honest throughout all of that I could not tell whether you was being sarcastic or not lol 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Struggle to see him refusing a huge contract in China or America to come play back in the premier league to be honest. 2 years in China on stupid money & hang your boots up will be the route I imagine he will take.

Swear I read he'd ruled that out and wanted to stay in Europe.

Personally, I'd be happy to get Robben. More than happy in fact. 

I get it when people say it's a risk due to his age and injury concerns but as we know, ALL transfers are a risk for a multitude of reasons.what I don't get is folk who have concerns over the financial risk. Let's say we pay him £130k a week. That's £6.7m for what I'd expect to be a years contract. Name another option that we could get for that price that would UNQUESTIONABLY improve our starting 11 or even our squad?!

I realistically dont image he would have a huge impact for the whole season but to get 20 good games out of him (working out at 338k a game) would be worth it who would also help bring experience and a wealth of knowledge to the squad, not least, guys like Gray/Barnes who would cover the other 18 games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Personally, I'd be happy to get Robben. More than happy in fact. 

I get it when people say it's a risk due to his age and injury concerns but as we know, ALL transfers are a risk for a multitude of reasons.what I don't get is folk who have concerns over the financial risk. Let's say we pay him £130k a week. That's £6.7m for what I'd expect to be a years contract. Name another option that we could get for that price that would UNQUESTIONABLY improve our starting 11 or even our squad?!

I realistically dont image he would have a huge impact for the whole season but to get 20 good games out of him (working out at 338k a game) would be worth it who would also help bring experience and a wealth of knowledge to the squad, not least, guys like Gray/Barnes who would cover the other 18 games. 

why would he sign a one year Contract at 35

he would then be 36 and out of Contract and have even less chance of a similar deal

Whilst this I'm sure is all nonsense I'll chuck my sixpence in....

Sturbridge yes - Robben I'm not really sure at 35... but he played 12 games last season and scored 4 goals and had a further 4 appearances in the CL....

If thats the budget, then okay - go get both (but only give Robben a year) and play them on the wing interchangeably and use them to train and influence our youth but I'd rather we went out there and spent on some real longevity and take an amazing, leading championship winger (In a Maddisson sort of ilk) or spent big on a wide forward from abroad and took a punt on someone with some real technical class who's 25/26 and approaching their prime.

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

why would he sign a one year Contract at 35

he would then be 36 and out of Contract and have even less chance of a similar deal

Because if he really does want to continue to play at a high level, he is not gonna find a team who will offer him much more than a year at his age. A year with the option of another is about as much as he could hope for in one of the top 5 leagues. 

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whilst this I'm sure is all nonsense I'll chuck my sixpence in....

Sturbridge yes - Robben I'm not really sure at 35... but he played 12 games last season and scored 4 goals and had a further 4 appearances in the CL....

If thats the budget, then okay - go get both (but only give Robben a year) and play them on the wing interchangeably and use them to train and influence our youth but I'd rather we went out there and spent on some real longevity and take an amazing, leading championship winger (In a Maddisson sort of ilk) or spent big on a wide forward from abroad and took a punt on someone with some real technical class who's 25/26 and approaching their prime.

I was thinking much the same except use Sturridge as an out and out striker, switching with Vardy and bring in Robben and someone like Harry Wilson. Wilson, Gray, Barnes, Robben and Albrighton with Sturridge, Vardy and Ian as our attacking options.