Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

Excellent - a tad controversial perhaps but this may mean Amartey when fit might be moved on as this fella can play both sides - hopefully he's gonna be good enough and can learn and develop from Chilly and Ric.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Excellent - a tad controversial perhaps but this may mean Amartey when fit might be moved on as this fella can play both sides - hopefully he's gonna be good enough and can learn and develop from Chilly and Ric.

Amartey can play.

CB

RB

LB

CDM

CM

Just because we may sign justin does not mean we will by any means sell amartey not many players can play in all those positions 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Amartey can play.

CB

RB

LB

CDM

CM

Just because we may sign justin does not mean we will by any means sell amartey not many players can play in all those positions 

Indeed. Makes great sense to have a few players available to play any role when called for. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

One of which is Daniel Amartey

Yes mate that's exactly what I'm saying 

Just clicked with what you said lol.

Give the man credit he looked solid before he got injured 

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Yes mate that's exactly what I'm saying 

Just clicked with what you said lol.

Give the man credit he looked solid before he got injured 

But is he any better than any of the players we currently have covering those positions?

If not .......

Just now, hackneyfox said:

But is he any better than any of the players we currently have covering those positions?

If not .......

Depends doesnt it. if 1 or 2 or 3 injuries he can cover those.

If he needs selling then sell but there is a lot more to come from him.

Just seems a waste if chilly gets injured we would have justin if Ricardo is to play on the wing we have amartey to cover RB

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hang on... are the Mercury breaking stories. What on earth is the world coming to?!?!

They've broken a few stories before. It's just that for every 1 they break there's about 500 clickbait and parroted fake news articles.

11 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Amartey can play.

CB

RB

LB

CDM

CM

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One of which is Daniel Amartey

Sad but true.

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Indeed. Makes great sense to have a few players available to play any role when called for. 

Not really - unless they have a performance in them that warrants being on the bench - Amartey doesn't yet at top half Prem level.

Perhaps we differ in opinion and he's a lovely fella and still young and developing and yes I'm an arse for 'writing him off' (I'm not actually) but the best thing that could happen for Amartey is a loan to the Championship to get some playing time in one single position and getting back his football identity before he turns into an all round poor utility player. 

Just now, Babylon said:

It would perhaps suggest out tactic is to buy talent (player 1) and bring them on, then we buy more, even younger talent (player 2) to replace them and give them a year or two bedding in period before selling player 1. Leaving player 2 ready to take over, already embedded into the squad and club. Rather than us just trying to find players when you've just sold one.

We might not do it every time, but if it's a venerable position (we have two very sought after full backs). Then it probably makes sense if you are willing to play the long game. 

Oops probably didn't make it clear, I'm all for this signing and now think Amartey  can be moved on. 

We have cover in every position he covers.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Oops probably didn't make it clear, I'm all for this signing and now think Amartey  can be moved on. 

We have cover in every position he covers.

To be fair it's more likely me not reading it right as I've not slept for weeks thanks to a new born lol

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It would perhaps suggest out tactic is to buy talent (player 1) and bring them on, then we buy more, even younger talent (player 2) to replace them and give them a year or two bedding in period before selling player 1. Leaving player 2 ready to take over, already embedded into the squad and club. Rather than us just trying to find players when you've just sold one.

We might not do it every time, but if it's a venerable position (we have two very sought after full backs). Then it probably makes sense if you are willing to play the long game. 

I was hoping this is what we were doing with Benkovic and Soyuncu, can't help but feel they'll be exactly in the same position as they were a year ago though when Maguire goes. Also, there's not the same level of forward planning out wide or in attack, hopefully to be rectified this summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair it's more likely me not reading it right as I've not slept for weeks thanks to a new born lol

Congratulations mate, it's brutal isn't it? It pisses me off how much parents gloss over that being  a parent to a baby is the absolute pits at times. I am never afraid to tell people that, much to the horror of people when i'm scathing about it. Hahahaa. It's all good in the end though... I think?!!! lol

• Like 1