Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

8 minutes ago, YesNdidi said:

No, we’re buying their first choice left back.

Very much like Ricardo when he was at Nice, was played at left back to fill in as their right back was better than the left back was compared with Ricardo.

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Him and their other right back, Jack Stacey I think his name are two of Luton’s better players. Justin was Luton’s first team right back, but their second choice was incredibly similar in terms of ability, so they moved Justin to left back where he is equally strong to accommodate both players. 

Thanks for that - makes a compelling reason to sign him then. We already have Amartey in the team who was going decently up until he got injured. Adding another versatile player that can play either position sounds like exactly the sort of purchase we needed for the squad this season, even if he's not a first team player.

• Like 2

People worrying about signing someone from league one, didn’t Tottenham sign Dele Ali from league 1 MK Dons? He’s turned out okay! With signing lower league players I’m more confident in the scouting department. The access to see a lower league game live is a lot easier and regular than any player overseas, well I’d like to think so anyway! 

We should take it as a compliment that lower league clubs are now commanding much larger fees from us. Just look at the successes we’ve had with unknowns and the profits we’ve made:

Kante - Ligue 1; bought for £5m and sold for £32m

Mahrez - Ligue 2; £400K sold for £60m

Vardy - Non League; £1m - Premier League winner and record holder

Maguire - Championship (PL relegated); £12-17m - England international, being touted as a world record defender fee over £75m

Maddison - Championship; £22m - sought after for at least 3 times that

Wood - Championship; £1m - sold to Leeds for £3m then to Burnley for £15m

Drinkwater - Man Utd cast off; £800k - became England international, then sold to Chelsea for £37m, now er, never mind

Point is, clubs below us have wised up to our success and are either able to command higher fees or insert add ons or sell on fees.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

People worrying about signing someone from league one, didn’t Tottenham sign Dele Ali from league 1 MK Dons? He’s turned out okay! With signing lower league players I’m more confident in the scouting department. The access to see a lower league game live is a lot easier and regular than any player overseas, well I’d like to think so anyway! 

I don't think that league one is the issue.  He is a promising player, well worth a punt.

What concerns me is a potential £12m of the budget gone on squad cover when we need to improve the team.  It is a lot for a player who has never played beyond the third tier.  I just hope that it is £5 or £6m up front as we need to address the midfield issue and also RW in this window.

54 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Spent most of the season before last out the team

In much the same way the likes of Chilwell and Hamza have for us. The kid is early 20s and learning his game. 

Highly suspect it would be £12 million package in total with various add-one making that up

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

47 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't think that league one is the issue.  He is a promising player, well worth a punt.

What concerns me is a potential £12m of the budget gone on squad cover when we need to improve the team.  It is a lot for a player who has never played beyond the third tier.  I just hope that it is £5 or £6m up front as we need to address the midfield issue and also RW in this window.

Clubs need a squad and I'd much rather we spend £12m on a young player who has been a standout in League One rather than mid 20's mediocrity who have failed at previous clubs like Ward and Ghezzal. All being well even if he doesn't reach the standard required here we should get a decent return fee on him. Mind you I said the same thing about Iheanacho and Kaputska. :D

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Clubs need a squad and I'd much rather we spend £12m on a young player who has been a standout in League One rather than mid 20's mediocrity who have failed at previous clubs like Ward and Ghezzal. All being well even if he doesn't reach the standard required here we should get a decent return fee on him. Mind you I said the same thing about Iheanacho and Kaputska. :D

I like the idea of signing up and coming youth but I guess it's about priorities.  

The overwhelming priority for me is centre mid and after that right wing, as we have seen the difference that Tielemans has made as opposed to what went before.  If we spend big portions of our budget on squad cover that means less to address the first team issues.  £12m is a big bite out of that budget,we can only hope that the up front cost is half that.

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Chilwell is off, he'll replace him I'd have thought with Fuchs giving him advice 

We would replace Chilwell with another solid LB (Telles, Tierney) rather than gambling on Fuchs and an untested 20yr old for a season. 

Highly doubt Man City will cough up the 70mill we'd want for Chilwell.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We would replace Chilwell with another solid LB (Telles, Tierney) rather than gambling on Fuchs and an untested 20yr old for a season. 

Highly doubt Man City will cough up the 70mill we'd want for Chilwell.

Chilwell would be a steal at 70 million. Given his age and current stature in the game he's worth every penny of 100 million.

But we should hold onto our top players and keep pushing forward.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Chilwell would be a steal at 70 million. Given his age and current stature in the game he's worth every penny of 100 million.

But we should hold onto our top players and keep pushing forward.

Agreed, guess his age, home grown status and being English pushed his price up even more. 

1 minute ago, Langston said:

I don't doubt it.

I do. They can't chuck 70+million on a player with FFP investigations breathing down their neck.