Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7145849/Leicester-snap-12m-James-Justin-Luton.html

Leicester to snap up £12m James Justin from Luton

Leicester City are signing £12million Luton Town defender James Justin as manager Brendan Rodgers aims to build a squad strong enough to break into the Premier League's top six next season.

Justin, who can operate at right or left-back, is the latest youngster to choose the King Power as the best place to develop his career as James Maddison and others have done.

However, the 21-year-old's arrival does not mean the Foxes will show others the exit door. 

Leicester City are signing £12million Luton Town defender James Justin this summer

Leicester City are signing £12million Luton Town defender James Justin this summer

They are adamant that Harry Maguire and Ben Chilwell, targets for Manchester United and City respectively, are going nowhere as Leicester try to have their best season since winning the title in 2016.

England Under-20s international Justin helped Luton win promotion to the Championship last season. 

Aston Villa have previously had a £7.5m bid turned down. Though right-footed, he has also played on the left-hand side.

Brendan Rodgers wants to build a squad strong enough to break into the top six next season

Brendan Rodgers wants to build a squad strong enough to break into the top six next season

why has that woman only got half a head? where’s the rest of it gone?

This is an interesting deal. The cost is slightly high simply because he is in league one so it does come with an element of risk. 

However, 21 years old and can play on both sides. It’s likely that we will not have both full backs out together at the same time (touch wood) so if he does progress as anticipated we could’ve acquired a player which strengthens the squad twice over. 

Potentialy a good deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I hope that £12m is made up of a shit load of add-ons otherwise we're being fleeced again, Danny Ward style.

That’s my assumption too. Every other report has claimed a fee of around £6-7m, which in itself would be close to a record for what was recently a league one player. 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

That’s my assumption too. Every other report has claimed a fee of around £6-7m, which in itself would be close to a record for what was recently a league one player. 

This is Leicester we are talking about. All media outlets said Ghezzal was available for £5m so we threw in an extra £7.5m to fend off any other suitors. Danny Ward was 4th choice goalie at Liverpool and likely to be available for a modest fee, so we went with our new favourite fee of £12.5m instead. It's the old £5.6m we used to pay for all our players in 2015/16.

£12 million is a lot if true. But then we're apparently asking £90 million for Harry.  Football really has gone crazy. I do sometimes long for the days where were signing milkmen from Scotland. But not for too long!

People need to stop fretting over the price, the price quoted (if correct) on transfers usually includes all the add ons etc, so if he comes and bombs he’ll probably cost half of the 12m, if succeeds and becomes a star he’ll cost the full 12m. That’s how I see it anyway. :) 

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

Given the way we are trying to build a squad and team with promising youngsters and quality foreign players , he would suit us .

1m was considered a large price for a non-league striker (Vardy).

15m was considered a lot of money for a defender for a team that had just been relegated (Maguire).

24m was considered a premium for an attacking midfielder who played for a mid-table Championship team. (Maddison)

All of these deals have turned out to be fantastic signings and investments for the club. I'm relaxed about that sort of fee as in today's market that's amazingly still on the low side.I also like that we are one of the few teams who are willing to buy players from lower leagues consistently and put the riches of the Premier League back into the domestic grass-roots system, so teams lower in the pyramid also get to develop and grow.

A young up and coming talent that can play as either full back sounds like a great addition to the squad given that Simpson has left and Fuchs is on his last year. Comes across as a sensible if not spectacular signing to me.

• Like 3

No idea if he's any good but he ticks a lot of boxes.

He's young and can play both full back positions equally well apparently so we might have genuine cover for both Chilwell and Ricardo and by covering both positions he'll get plenty of game time. The fee suggests we see him as one for the future and ideally our back up squad has a few players who fit this profile and are capable of challenging the established first XI. 

We now have Justin James, Choudhury, Benkovic, Soyuncu and possibly Harvey Barnes is still in this category of players who aren't established first XI players but are excellent bench players and undoubtedly have the potential to break into the first XI. 

• Like 3

Option to play right back and push Ricky P on…. Balesque conversion and Ricardo is capable…

From what I’ve read (never seen him kick a ball) this feels like a good signing 

The fact that Luton fans rate him so highly helps too…

Just now, Wolfox said:

Option to play right back and push Ricky P on…. Balesque conversion and Ricardo is capable… 

From what I’ve read (never seen him kick a ball) this feels like a good signing 

The fact that Luton fans rate him so highly helps too…

Either Ricardo or Chilwell could do it, although I agree that Ricardo's probably best suited. Really pleased with this one if it comes off.

• Like 1