Sign in to follow this  
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

On 21/12/2019 at 22:52, UniFox21 said:

Carrying the guy with 5 assists in the league. 

and if you look at ratings thread even when he contributes with assist he gets low ratings which suggest his play over the 90 doesn’t cancel it out.

firmino has 4 goals... but you judge him over what he brings over the 90... not stats. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

22 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Barnes just needs a couple goals, especially at home.

He will become a hell of a player in time but at the moment there is nothing that will do him more good than an outstanding game or two and/or a couple of goals.

You can see everything from his body language, his desperation to please and be accepted and acknowledged will come as will his confidence once he bangs in a few home goals. 

He's one player I can see as being on the verge of something special.

His time will come.

heard this for a year now. boring. you’ll be saying this when hes 25. lets go with facts than some made up happy ending. 

he has 2 goals in 40 games. 

he has as much composure as michael jackson infront of children. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

4 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

and if you look at ratings thread even when he contributes with assist he gets low ratings which suggest his play over the 90 doesn’t cancel it out.

firmino has 4 goals... but you judge him over what he brings over the 90... not stats. 

I'm not getting into a rating discussion with you again, given last time you had difficulties realising £89 was more than  £80. 

edit: You've just said you judge Firminio on his performance over 90mins, yet quote Barnes' goal tally to another person? You're just a WUM pal.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'm not getting into a rating discussion with you again, given last time you had difficulties realising £89 was more than  £80. 

saying 5 assists means nothing. it is 90 mins what counts which he convincingly fails in. . over the course of the season, he is our worst outfield player. 

there is no evidence what so ever behind ‘he just needs 1 goal he’ll score loads then’ 

he scored v sheffield united.. and has scored .....0 since then. 

all made up happy ending bollocks and we should accept rubbish because he’s a ‘local lad’. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

edit: You've just said you judge Firminio on his performance over 90mins, yet quote Barnes' goal tally to another person? You're just a WUM pal.

yes? fans keep saying if he scores 1 he score loads which is an urban myth. 

scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since! 

22 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Barnes just needs a couple goals, especially at home.

He will become a hell of a player in time but at the moment there is nothing that will do him more good than an outstanding game or two and/or a couple of goals.

You can see everything from his body language, his desperation to please and be accepted and acknowledged will come as will his confidence once he bangs in a few home goals. 

He's one player I can see as being on the verge of something special.

His time will come.

he scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since. 

Oh dear. Made up happy ending bollocks. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't know whether Harvey reads this thread but the way people go on you would think he had  just left school , he is 22 ffs must make him laugh .Jimmy Greaves had scored ten hattricks by that age. Nothing wrong with his game except learning to be cool when you get a chance at goal . He'll get there, remember it took Vardy quite a while.

no mate he’s clearly a young lad with over 100 professional appearances!!! and he looks upset on the pitch so let’s say he’s great and will score loads of goals should he score one!! even if we know it isnt true. 

Barnes is a good talent; and will get better with time no doubt about that, but we are crying out for an established winger and have since Mahrez left, someone that can produce the goods more consistently mind you it’s going to cost some money!

But if we are spending £45-50m on a player like Memphis Depay he would improve our team massively on the wing.

9 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Do you rate him or no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

there is no evidence what so ever behind ‘he just needs 1 goal he’ll score loads then’ 

he scored v sheffield united.. and has scored .....0 since then. 

all made up happy ending bollocks and we should accept rubbish because he’s a ‘local lad’. 

14 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

saying 5 assists means nothing. it is 90 mins what counts which he convincingly fails in. . over the course of the season, he is our worst outfield player. 

10 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Hi Demarai :wave:

• Haha 3

I don't understand the criticism personally. He's only 22 playing against some of the best full backs and defenders in the world. If you look what the best wingers in the world were doing at his age it provides a bit of context. At 22 Salah had just moved from Basel to Chelsea and was deemed not good enough for the premier league, Mane was still at Salzburg and Mahrez was still at Le Havre. I think people need the relax. The kid has talent it's obvious to see, he just needs to mature and learn. His position is one where players tend to find their feet with experience in their mid to late twenties. It might even take another loan or two but I'm convinced he'll become a star.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't understand the criticism personally. He's only 22 playing against some of the best full backs and defenders in the world. If you look what the best wingers in the world were doing at his age it provides a bit of context. At 22 Salah had just moved from Basel to Chelsea and was deemed not good enough for the premier league, Mane was still at Salzburg and Mahrez was still at Le Havre. I think people need the relax. The kid has talent it's obvious to see, he just needs to mature and learn. His position is one where players tend to find their feet with experience in their mid to late twenties. It might even take another loan or two but I'm convinced he'll become a star.

you are comparing 3 examples to hundreds of others...

it’s complete rubbish. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone writing him off now is a fool. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but he'll definitely improve and at worst will be a squad player for us (if we were to sign world class winners).

he’s played 40 games for leicester....and we keep getting told he needs ‘1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he has 2 goals in 40 games.

I’ve never seen a player get so much false support with 0 evidence to support it. It’s unbelievable 

‘he just needs 1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he scored v sheffield united 17 games ago and has scored 0 since then... 

at what stage do you just say maybe he isn’t very good? 

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I hope we never stop playing him just to rile you up lol

another 1 of the ‘if he scores one he’ll score 30’ brigade despite not scoring in his last 17 games... 

3 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

another 1 of the ‘if he scores one he’ll score 30’ brigade despite not scoring in his last 17 games... 

No but benching him for another one of our wingers that can't score isn't much better

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

I’ve never seen a player get so much false support with 0 evidence to support it. It’s unbelievable 

‘he just needs 1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he scored v sheffield united 17 games ago and has scored 0 since then... 

at what stage do you just say maybe he isn’t very good? 

He's played less than a single season in the most difficult league in the world and for almost that entire time would classify as an U21 player... A kid.

Christ, give him a chance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

you are comparing 3 examples to hundreds of others...

it’s complete rubbish. 

Bit like most of your posts,I had given up responding to you but I will ask politely, can you give it a rest, do we never learn when writing off players too early.

Do you have any other opinions apart from on Harvey Barnes that actually might be more interesting.

What a great achievement being 2nd when we have played the majority of the season with 10 men( according to you)

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He's played less than a single season in the most difficult league in the world and for almost that entire time would classify as an U21 player... A kid.

Christ, give him a chance.

He’s not a kid. 

Hes 22. 

The same age as Madison. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

Just now, jaylcfc94 said:

He’s not a kid. 

Hes 22. 

Did you just willfully ignore my words, or?

Just now, Beechey said:

Did you just willfully ignore my words, or?

it doesnt matter. 

he has scored 2 goals in 40 games yet we keep getting told if he scores one he’ll get 30...

Edited by jaylcfc94