Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

11 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

there is no evidence what so ever behind ‘he just needs 1 goal he’ll score loads then’ 

he scored v sheffield united.. and has scored .....0 since then. 

all made up happy ending bollocks and we should accept rubbish because he’s a ‘local lad’. 

yes? fans keep saying if he scores 1 he score loads which is an urban myth. 

scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since! 

14 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

saying 5 assists means nothing. it is 90 mins what counts which he convincingly fails in. . over the course of the season, he is our worst outfield player. 

yes? fans keep saying if he scores 1 he score loads which is an urban myth. 

scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since! 

10 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

he scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since. 

Oh dear. Made up happy ending bollocks. 

Hi Demarai :wave:

• Haha 3

I don't understand the criticism personally. He's only 22 playing against some of the best full backs and defenders in the world. If you look what the best wingers in the world were doing at his age it provides a bit of context. At 22 Salah had just moved from Basel to Chelsea and was deemed not good enough for the premier league, Mane was still at Salzburg and Mahrez was still at Le Havre. I think people need the relax. The kid has talent it's obvious to see, he just needs to mature and learn. His position is one where players tend to find their feet with experience in their mid to late twenties. It might even take another loan or two but I'm convinced he'll become a star.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't understand the criticism personally. He's only 22 playing against some of the best full backs and defenders in the world. If you look what the best wingers in the world were doing at his age it provides a bit of context. At 22 Salah had just moved from Basel to Chelsea and was deemed not good enough for the premier league, Mane was still at Salzburg and Mahrez was still at Le Havre. I think people need the relax. The kid has talent it's obvious to see, he just needs to mature and learn. His position is one where players tend to find their feet with experience in their mid to late twenties. It might even take another loan or two but I'm convinced he'll become a star.

you are comparing 3 examples to hundreds of others...

it’s complete rubbish. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone writing him off now is a fool. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but he'll definitely improve and at worst will be a squad player for us (if we were to sign world class winners).

he’s played 40 games for leicester....and we keep getting told he needs ‘1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he has 2 goals in 40 games.

I’ve never seen a player get so much false support with 0 evidence to support it. It’s unbelievable 

‘he just needs 1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he scored v sheffield united 17 games ago and has scored 0 since then... 

at what stage do you just say maybe he isn’t very good? 

14 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

I’ve never seen a player get so much false support with 0 evidence to support it. It’s unbelievable 

‘he just needs 1 goal then he’ll score loads’ 

he scored v sheffield united 17 games ago and has scored 0 since then... 

at what stage do you just say maybe he isn’t very good? 

He's played less than a single season in the most difficult league in the world and for almost that entire time would classify as an U21 player... A kid.

Christ, give him a chance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

you are comparing 3 examples to hundreds of others...

it’s complete rubbish. 

Bit like most of your posts,I had given up responding to you but I will ask politely, can you give it a rest, do we never learn when writing off players too early.

Do you have any other opinions apart from on Harvey Barnes that actually might be more interesting.

What a great achievement being 2nd when we have played the majority of the season with 10 men( according to you)

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He's played less than a single season in the most difficult league in the world and for almost that entire time would classify as an U21 player... A kid.

Christ, give him a chance.

He’s not a kid. 

Hes 22. 

The same age as Madison. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Bit like most of your posts,I had given up responding to you but I will ask politely, can you give it a rest, do we never learn when writing off players too early.

Do you have any other opinions apart from on Harvey Barnes that actually might be more interesting.

What a great achievement being 2nd when we have played the majority of the season with 10 men( according to you)

i am not writing him off. 

what i am saying is the support is false and with no evidence. 

why do keep saying ‘if he scores 1 he’ll score loads’ when it’s been 17 games since his last goal... 

it’s utter nonsense 

2 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

heard this for a year now. boring. you’ll be saying this when hes 25. lets go with facts than some made up happy ending. 

he has 2 goals in 40 games. 

he has as much composure as michael jackson infront of children. 

That Michael Jackson line I cannot

On 21/12/2019 at 20:47, Gerard said:

We're hardly carrying him. He's not the finished article yet and I'd rather have someone like Barnes in the side who will only get better with experience with the assets he has than have a less able finished article.  You're persecution of him is baffling. 

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goal_assist

I didnt say we carrying him I was asking who I replied to if thats what they meant.

I am talking about the here and now, not whatever the future may be.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 22/12/2019 at 06:55, SheppyFox said:

The wingers are our weakest point, not looking to improve your weakest point is silly. 

Not sure why Perez is even playing there, he is out of position.  But I agree he has been poor lately.  We deffo need a winger in January.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No but benching him for another one of our wingers that can't score isn't much better

It is if that winger keeps our forward play alive by passing instead of shooting over the bar.

e.g. Albrighton on here by many seems to be written of as some useless has been.  When the guy is quality enough to win a title.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not sure why Perez is even playing there, he is out of position.  But I agree he has been poor lately.  We deffo need a winger in January.

Sorry but instant gratification usually not on the menu when it comes to building a squad that consistently competes for the highest honors.

Buy in January but don't expect miracles. It takes time and patience to integrate players into a squad.

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It is if that winger keeps our forward play alive by passing instead of shooting over the bar.

e.g. Albrighton on here by many seems to be written of as some useless has been.  When the guy is quality enough to win a title.

So was Morgan and Fuchs, should we keep playing them?

4 hours ago, Tanya said:

I love him so much. When he looks dejected on the pitch my heart goes out to him.

I don't think there is a player I want to succeed in our team more than him right now. 

I think we'd all agree with that.

He does look dejected and the look in his eyes on Saturday looked like a guy that was relived to be taken off.

He bossed the Championship last year. If he was allowed to finish what he'd started at West Brom rather than come back, play a few and then dropped for six games, he was looking like their player of the season, their manager would've kept his job and they looked odds on getting promotion.

Iheanacho got flack and was found crying in the dressing room, Ghezzal has had poor games and disappeared as have many others so Harvey hasn't come in for any stick other than a few observations on here and the 3 Dicks behind me who'd complain regardless how he played.

Its not hating the guy to comment that his contribution at the moment is not what it has been or will be. We have a squad for a reason. IMO a rest and watch would do him well.

Money is not everything but i can assure you he is made for life now regardless of future increased/ additional earnings. Got to feel a bit for our 30 year old league winning attacking and defensive high energy winger who hardly gets a sniff