Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

13 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

No footballing brain is harsh. The lad has 5 assists which is joint 5th in the league.

And I've lost count how many times he's fizzed one across the six yard box but we never had someone getting on the end of it. 

He's missed loads of goal scoring opportunities but I'd rather he be missing them than not getting them like the majority of mediocre wingers in this league. He got 9 goals on loan for West Brom in half a season so he has got it in him. You can see the pain on his face when he misses another goal scoring opportunity and I think he lets it get to him but it will come. I wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up with half a dozen goals and a dozen assists this season. 

I rate his potential highly and 10 goal, 10 assist wide forwards are the difference between mid table sides and CL sides and I have no doubts that is the player he will be. 

44 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

No footballing brain is harsh. The lad has 5 assists which is joint 5th in the league.

I’m a huge fan of his and think he’s got massive potential but his decision making is terrible. When he moved towards Perez (or Vardy?) yesterday it was absolutely baffling, Rodgers even had a word. His positioning and movement are a little bit off in general; I really wish it wasn’t the case but it’s obvious he needs a lot of coaching 

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’m a huge fan of his and think he’s got massive potential but his decision making is terrible. When he moved towards Perez (or Vardy?) yesterday it was absolutely baffling, Rodgers even had a word. His positioning and movement are a little bit off in general; I really wish it wasn’t the case but it’s obvious he needs a lot of coaching 

Agreed. There was the moment when Vardy made a run down the right wing in the first half and Barnes was actually running towards Vardy rather than towards the centre of the penalty area. Naturally Vardy crossed the ball in with a bit of pace only for Barnes to be 2 yards away from where Vardy was crossing from. Anybody with half a brain would know that he should be running into the 6 yard box where the ball would come. 

I hope the poor lad doesn't read the forums. He's probably feeling pretty good with life, second in the table. Best ever leicester city points haul for this stage if the season. Broke into first team and usually in the starting eleven. Just beautifully set up Vardy's goal against man city.

Comes on here and he's being scapegoated for everything that's wrong with us.

News just in: there's not much wrong with us, we're Leicester City and this is a phenomenal season so far.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

7 hours ago, Jam orton said:

Does he not get told not to come back and help out his full back?

He's not got great defensive qualities so irrelevant if told.

Comments about him having no football brain are way off the mark. Coached by his Dad Paul since very young, actually intelligent as proved on loan and U23s.

Chillwell wants to own the left flank leaving Harvey stranded and often looking redundant, Albrighton seems due to being far more experienced be able to cope with this, likewise Harvey looks better with Fuchs.

Without the childish comments such as 'haters' he has looked a bit lost recently beside the great pass and at some point (possibly now forced) will be rested as a massive ask in his first real season.

I, along will all others no doubt cheered his pass and willed the ball to connect for what would of been a certain goal.

It will happen for him.

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Like 1

I don't feel the criticism he's getting is warranted.That was an incredible pass to Vardy for the goal. He got in position to score yesterday; okay he missed but he'd got there in the first place.  That's the same as a lot of times this season where he's done the hard work to get into the dangerous positions, he just needs to finish them off. Remember what an atrocious finisher Sterling used to be? Harvey will get there.

Re yesterday and being exposed defensively, two things:

1. The whole team were exposed. I haven't seen Ndidi and Perreira look so average in the same game for us, ever. We just came up against a brilliant performance from world class players who would have beaten any team on the day.

2. I felt that Barnes and Chilwell weren't close enough to each other for the whole match and Mahrez and Silva exploited the gap well. Fuchs and Albrighton worked it out a few seasons back and Chilwell and Barnes will do likewise eventually. They're still v young, loads of time to grow/improve.

• Like 1

The thing that is being missed a little bit from Barnes not providing Chilwell with any cover yesterday is the position of KDB, they knew exactly what they had to do to get Mahrez 1/1 with Chilwell and I’m not sure Barnes could do much about it.

He’s our best winger, he still has big improvements to make but he’s a young lad and hopefully they come.

A couple of times yesterday he looked completely dejected. Missing that chance and getting clattered looked like the final straw for him. He looked like he didn’t want to be on the pitch. Had he not been so low in confidence recently I don’t think he goes off after the collision with Ederson (conjecture obviously, as he might have taken a knock). I really felt for him and hope someone puts an arm around him. 

I’m not sure it helps that Chilwell amongst others dig him out every time he makes a mistake or chooses the wrong option. I guess that’s what comes with playing at the highest level, but our style is very much risk/reward. Not everything is going to come off and we will turn over possession a fair amount. 

I’m not sure if anyone else has played at level of football where everyone isn’t your ‘mate’... but it’s an awful place when you just don’t want to be on the pitch anymore. Never mind being a young lad like Barnes with so much expectation on your shoulders. I hope he turns it around sooner rather than later because if he does, he’s going to be a real player! 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Anish said:

Agreed. There was the moment when Vardy made a run down the right wing in the first half and Barnes was actually running towards Vardy rather than towards the centre of the penalty area. Naturally Vardy crossed the ball in with a bit of pace only for Barnes to be 2 yards away from where Vardy was crossing from. Anybody with half a brain would know that he should be running into the 6 yard box where the ball would come. 

Think that’s a bit harsh, I was shouting at Vardy to pass it to him when Barnes was running in to an empty space outside the box, I would say he found a great position. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

I don't know whether Harvey reads this thread but the way people go on you would think he had  just left school , he is 22 ffs must make him laugh .Jimmy Greaves had scored ten hattricks by that age. Nothing wrong with his game except learning to be cool when you get a chance at goal . He'll get there, remember it took Vardy quite a while.

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I love him so much. When he looks dejected on the pitch my heart goes out to him.

I don't think there is a player I want to succeed in our team more than him right now. 

Oh dear. This is a game of professional football not the samaritans. If he wasnt local no one would care about him and be defending him. 

He looks dejected but simply he isn’t very good and knows hes ****ing up his best chance before  he ends back in the championship. 

Edited by jaylcfc94
  • Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 22:52, UniFox21 said:

Carrying the guy with 5 assists in the league. 

and if you look at ratings thread even when he contributes with assist he gets low ratings which suggest his play over the 90 doesn’t cancel it out.

firmino has 4 goals... but you judge him over what he brings over the 90... not stats. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

22 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Barnes just needs a couple goals, especially at home.

He will become a hell of a player in time but at the moment there is nothing that will do him more good than an outstanding game or two and/or a couple of goals.

You can see everything from his body language, his desperation to please and be accepted and acknowledged will come as will his confidence once he bangs in a few home goals. 

He's one player I can see as being on the verge of something special.

His time will come.

heard this for a year now. boring. you’ll be saying this when hes 25. lets go with facts than some made up happy ending. 

he has 2 goals in 40 games. 

he has as much composure as michael jackson infront of children. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

4 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

and if you look at ratings thread even when he contributes with assist he gets low ratings which suggest his play over the 90 doesn’t cancel it out.

firmino has 4 goals... but you judge him over what he brings over the 90... not stats. 

I'm not getting into a rating discussion with you again, given last time you had difficulties realising £89 was more than  £80. 

edit: You've just said you judge Firminio on his performance over 90mins, yet quote Barnes' goal tally to another person? You're just a WUM pal.

Edited by UniFox21

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'm not getting into a rating discussion with you again, given last time you had difficulties realising £89 was more than  £80. 

saying 5 assists means nothing. it is 90 mins what counts which he convincingly fails in. . over the course of the season, he is our worst outfield player. 

there is no evidence what so ever behind ‘he just needs 1 goal he’ll score loads then’ 

he scored v sheffield united.. and has scored .....0 since then. 

all made up happy ending bollocks and we should accept rubbish because he’s a ‘local lad’. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

edit: You've just said you judge Firminio on his performance over 90mins, yet quote Barnes' goal tally to another person? You're just a WUM pal.

yes? fans keep saying if he scores 1 he score loads which is an urban myth. 

scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since! 

22 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Barnes just needs a couple goals, especially at home.

He will become a hell of a player in time but at the moment there is nothing that will do him more good than an outstanding game or two and/or a couple of goals.

You can see everything from his body language, his desperation to please and be accepted and acknowledged will come as will his confidence once he bangs in a few home goals. 

He's one player I can see as being on the verge of something special.

His time will come.

he scored v sheffield united and hasn’t scored in the 16 games since. 

Oh dear. Made up happy ending bollocks. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't know whether Harvey reads this thread but the way people go on you would think he had  just left school , he is 22 ffs must make him laugh .Jimmy Greaves had scored ten hattricks by that age. Nothing wrong with his game except learning to be cool when you get a chance at goal . He'll get there, remember it took Vardy quite a while.

no mate he’s clearly a young lad with over 100 professional appearances!!! and he looks upset on the pitch so let’s say he’s great and will score loads of goals should he score one!! even if we know it isnt true. 

Barnes is a good talent; and will get better with time no doubt about that, but we are crying out for an established winger and have since Mahrez left, someone that can produce the goods more consistently mind you it’s going to cost some money!

But if we are spending £45-50m on a player like Memphis Depay he would improve our team massively on the wing.