Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Newsflash sonny, to get to where he is in life at 22 years means he has a lot more heart and ability than you fuching do. 

Constructive criticism is fine but let's not go around calling our homegrown youngsters shite.

I mean he's clearly not shite at football. But it's also becoming increasingly clear that he's not at the level of some of the other players in the squad or at the level at which we are currently competing. 

If you want us competing with the teams in and around where are we are now he's not good enough. If your happy us being a mid table standard team then fair enough he's your starting man.  

I feel he gets away with a lot more than some other players purely because he's a Leicester lad. 

• Like 2

Whichever view you look at it or whatever you wanna call it he needs resting or 'dropping' ala Gray style, get his head right, take a look at where/how he needs to improve and come back stronger.

I understand he's young, learning, developing but can't help but think he's treading water at the moment and one of a few that we are currently carrying.

Imagine if that was Gray who gave that performance today?! He would have been slaughtered on here, and rightly so. But because it's Barnes too many people want to overlook his (lack of) effort and the fact that he never makes a tackle, closes players down quickly, or covers his full back. When a player is hiding away from the ball like Barnes did too often, he needs to be taken out of the team until he gets his confidence up again. The sad thing is that all of our other wingers are also not the solution either 

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

He needs playing time so he can improve. The talent is there, I'm not sure about the self belief.

He also needs to learn how to stick a foot in, and be a bit more aggressive.

Nacho improved after a long spell out, Gray also improved without playing every minute, so no, pitch time isnt a requirement to improve.

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The fact you mentioned he is home grown shows you have bias though.

If it is it biassed to want to nurture and develop players who are young and have come through the academy and not expect the same levels as an established premier league player in his mid to late 20s then yes I am guilty of bias I would argue it's common sense though.

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The old Andy King defence.

Only people who know football appreciate him.

Jesus. 

It's as if you want him to live up to your pessimism. 

Andy King didn't do too bad for us.  :rolleyes:

Some people, who I'm happy to admit know the game better than me, and who I guess know the game better than you, rate him. 

I hope they are right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Never said in the PL!!

If you mean another Loan I wouldnt be against that.

I think playing every week in the EPL without scoring is not going to boost his composure or confidence.  He will only get that by playing in a easier league or in training shielded from the media/fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

I have been reserving judgement, but I think I have to conclude he is not cut out for this level. 

We need an upgrade in Jan. 

Way too early to say that, but we do need an upgrade. The trouble we have is both our wingers are ineffective atm, so we look hopeless. I think we can only play one of Barnes and Perez, they should be played with the world class winger we sign. Barnes is only young, give him time and experience and he'll easily be a valuable squad player for a team like us.

8 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

I mean he's clearly not shite at football. But it's also becoming increasingly clear that he's not at the level of some of the other players in the squad or at the level at which we are currently competing. 

If you want us competing with the teams in and around where are we are now he's not good enough. If your happy us being a mid table standard team then fair enough he's your starting man.  

I feel he gets away with a lot more than some other players purely because he's a Leicester lad. 

I agree that it's an area we need to strengthen asap. But there is not a wide man in the squad that's clearly better than him. correct me if I'm wrong? So if there isn't an obvious replacement why not get of his back and see how he develops.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

If you mean another Loan I wouldnt be against that.

I think playing every week in the EPL without scoring is not going to boost his composure or confidence.  He will only get that by playing in a easier league or in training shielded from the media/fans.

That, and as someone said in the post match thread... Him "getting a kicking" because he is too nice. He needs to get stuck in.

Barnes is increasingly demonstrating that he is not at the level we need.

We can hope he improves in the future and suffer sub optimal results as a consequence or buy in an alternative. I think the timing on this decision is getting closer the longer he fails to show he can deliver an improvement.

Barnes has been a liability of late and today he was such a little boy lost he should have been subbed before half time. Why Rodgers selected him to start, let alone kept him on for some of the second half, was a mystery. 

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Jesus. 

It's as if you want him to live up to your pessimism. 

Andy King didn't do too bad for us.  :rolleyes:

Some people, who I'm happy to admit know the game better than me, and who I guess know the game better than you, rate him. 

I hope they are right.

Good for them, for me he’s done bugger all at this level yet to show he’s much more than a lower bottom half prem, top half championship player.

Yeah Andy king did great, I mean only since Pearson arrived the second time did he become 3rd choice. Bravo.

The kids had some plusses and some minuses. I just can’t understand why the **** some are incapable of being able to admit either, it’s baffling.

• Like 2

The more ridiculous the defence of a player the more ferocious the attack, I tend to find.

Admit there are some holes in his game and understand that criticism isn’t rubbishing him, and people will find the critique is less harsh.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good for them, for me he’s done bugger all at this level yet to show he’s much more than a lower bottom half prem, top half championship player.

Yeah Andy king did great, I mean only since Pearson arrived the second time did he become 3rd choice. Bravo.

The kids had some plusses and some minuses. I just can’t understand why the **** some are incapable of being able to admit either, it’s baffling.

The goal against Sheff Utd and hs foraging down the wing in our unbeaten run, and the high praise coming from folk who know the game obviously count for nowt with you. 

You clearly have an agenda. 

And I disagree with it. 

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

The goal against Sheff Utd and hs foraging down the wing in our unbeaten run, and the high praise coming from folk who know the game obviously count for nowt with you. 

You clearly have an agenda. 

And I disagree with it. 

One goal? Yeah we’ll ignore all the other misses shall we. **** me.

And you say I have the agenda ha ha ha.

• Like 2

It’s brilliant he’s come through, ands he’s done well and has some good assists, but the biggest thing holding him back is the belief he has in his own ability. He doesn’t believe in himself. The amount of times he pulled out or didn’t challenge tonight was frustrating. He looked lost. He needs a top class winger to learn alongside, something which we are sadly lacking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

It’s brilliant he’s come through, ands he’s done well and has some good assists, but the biggest thing holding him back is the belief he has in his own ability. He doesn’t believe in himself. The amount of times he pulled out or didn’t challenge tonight was frustrating. He looked lost. He needs a top class winger to learn alongside, something which we are sadly lacking

He’s almost there, but sometimes “almost” doesn’t covert into “there”.

He could easily hit one and suddenly bang in half a dozen.  But until he does, people should be free to be concerned that those near misses and almosts might never be!

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One goal? Yeah we’ll ignore all the other misses shall we. **** me.

And you say I have the agenda ha ha ha.

FFS. You clearly do. 

Appears you don't care about developing talent to the benefit of the team. 

A young player who featured heavily in our unbeaten run. 

But no, slag him off. 

Pathetic.