Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

4 hours ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Oh dear. This is a game of professional football not the samaritans. If he wasnt local no one would care about him and be defending him. 

He looks dejected but simply he isn’t very good and knows hes ****ing up his best chance before  he ends back in the championship. 

Okay but also his adorable little face,so....

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I think we'd all agree with that.

He does look dejected and the look in his eyes on Saturday looked like a guy that was relived to be taken off.

He bossed the Championship last year. If he was allowed to finish what he'd started at West Brom rather than come back, play a few and then dropped for six games, he was looking like their player of the season, their manager would've kept his job and they looked odds on getting promotion.

Iheanacho got flack and was found crying in the dressing room, Ghezzal has had poor games and disappeared as have many others so Harvey hasn't come in for any stick other than a few observations on here and the 3 Dicks behind me who'd complain regardless how he played.

Its not hating the guy to comment that his contribution at the moment is not what it has been or will be. We have a squad for a reason. IMO a rest and watch would do him well.

Money is not everything but i can assure you he is made for life now regardless of future increased/ additional earnings. Got to feel a bit for our 30 year old league winning attacking and defensive high energy winger who hardly gets a sniff

What?

Oh dear. This is a game of professional football not the samaritans. If he wasnt local no one would care about him and be defending him. 

He looks dejected but simply he isn’t very good and knows hes ****ing up his best chance before  he ends back in the championship. 

You come over as someone who will celebrate being right should he end up dropping a division.

I'm not happy with his lack of goals but you seem to have taken it as a personal insult.

Guest An Sionnach

Top drawer winger, hmmm, now let me see ,there's  ?   and  ? and yes  ?  I haven't got a clue unless you mean Neymar. Better the Harvey we know if you ask me.

Edited by An Sionnach

you are comparing 3 examples to hundreds of others...

it’s complete rubbish. 

I picked the first three I thought of and got bored tbh. Feel free to correct me with other examples though. I do think you’ll find though that wingers do mature later than some other positions.

While I think he's a talent is it really out of order to say he hasn't been good enough for a side fighting for a Champions League spot?

For me the winger spots are clear and obvious positions we should be looking to strengthen. If we go out of our way to really bolster our squad with a quality wide player then we'll be nailed on to be playing in the Champions League next year.

Guest An Sionnach

This thread takes longer to read than War and Peace, we really ought to leave the poor lad alone now. I would say the arguments add up to an honourable draw.

54 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Outstanding piece of play to assist Vardy on Saturday. Get behind him and back him.

Beautiful ball and the little dink for Perez away at Southampton which shows his game just isn't about power and pace. 

I think anyone who is a good judge of a player can see he's going to be a fantastic player. I personally think he'll be a slow burner and we won't see the best of him for another two or three years but I've little doubt he's going to be a 10 goal and 10 assists a season player. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lgfualol said:

So was Morgan and Fuchs, should we keep playing them?

Fuchs I think should be getting more game time yes.

Morgan has aged and declined sadly, but still is good enough for cover.

Note our 3 best players in the last game were older heads, age seems to help in the big occasions.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Beautiful ball and the little dink for Perez away at Southampton which shows his game just isn't about power and pace. 

I think anyone who is a good judge of a player can see he's going to be a fantastic player. I personally think he'll be a slow burner and we won't see the best of him for another two or three years but I've little doubt he's going to be a 10 goal and 10 assists a season player. 

My personal opinion is that he is better suited in that number 10 role. I have no doubt in his qualities or ability at all. Perhaps more just a mental thing at the moment? Look at his highlights from his time at West Brom and I don't see him having the confidence to try any of that right now.

34 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Fuchs I think should be getting more game time yes.

Morgan has aged and declined sadly, but still is good enough for cover.

Note our 3 best players in the last game were older heads, age seems to help in the big occasions.

Fuchs would have been much better against Mahrez, I have no doubt about it. 

Seems we were a little naive with our approach to this game. Granted, after the run we’ve been on I can understand why we started this way. 

Think he has more potential than Gray.

Seems more intelligent in his play, and can spot potential opportunities more efficiently.

Confidence isn't an issue in his game; but needs to be more composed when he's in a great position to hit the target.