Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, Vacamion said:

FFS. You clearly do. 

Appears you don't care about developing talent to the benefit of the team. 

A young player who featured heavily in our unbeaten run. 

But no, slag him off. 

Pathetic. 

I’ll slag him off because your defence of him is ludicrous. There is some good and some bad in his game, but apparently we aren’t allowed to discuss what might be wrong. We can’t discuss his bullshit movement because of one pass against Man City. Or 378 misses because of one worldy about four months ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

FFS. You clearly do. 

Appears you don't care about developing talent to the benefit of the team. 

A young player who featured heavily in our unbeaten run. 

But no, slag him off. 

Pathetic. 

I actually swear reading your messages you think he was being unfairly being singled out

But he was the worst winger on the pitch and the other winger was a CAM out of position

Just now, Slab Edd said:

But he was the worst winger on the pitch and the other winger was a CAM out of position

Barnes was out of position too, not since his loan at MK Don's has he featured on the right. Can't understand the thinking behind that tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

Barnes was out of position too, not since his loan at MK Don's has he featured on the right. Can't understand the thinking behind that tonight.

The thinking was that he could not look like a freaking donkey. He failed,makes Musa seem like Ronaldinho

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Barnes is to Babylon, what Amartey is to Col City Fan lol

I think he needs the bench. We need a brand new winger, all of ours are poopoo.

No, I like parts of his game, he could make it easily and he’s been out best winger, as I’ve already said. But I’m not going to ignore a load of shite that’s served up sometimes. 

Every plonker acting like you aren’t allowed to say a word bad is only going to make my critique look worse that it actually is.

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good for them, for me he’s done bugger all at this level yet to show he’s much more than a lower bottom half prem, top half championship player.

Yeah Andy king did great, I mean only since Pearson arrived the second time did he become 3rd choice. Bravo.

The kids had some plusses and some minuses. I just can’t understand why the **** some are incapable of being able to admit either, it’s baffling.

He's done alright. He's not aggressive enough off the ball for me, has varying end product (5 assists and a goal aside) and gives away possession cheaply. I don't doubt that he could rectify his shortcomings over the next year or so, but the list of players who - over time - have made the breakthrough in his position but struggled for goals, consistency, end product and ended up becoming also-rans like Aaron Lennon is greater than the list of players who have really made the grade. I'm hopeful that it will click for him, but he's far from top half PL standard as it stands. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’ll slag him off because your defence of him is ludicrous. There is some good and some bad in his game, but apparently we aren’t allowed to discuss what might be wrong. We can’t discuss his bullshit movement because of one pass against Man City. Or 378 misses because of one worldy about four months ago.

Spot on.

The problem is that the Barnes fans are blinkered by the one or 2 good things he does and cannot accept his failings when he runs around like a headless chicken, or misses simple chances, or doesn't protect his defenders. He's got potential going forward but he has a lot of weaknesses in his game that have been exposed badly.

I've been a big critic of Barnes for weeks but finally people are now seeing it. His assist stats mask a lot of his overall game. Remember a few years ago when Ozil had all those assists and yet Arsenal fans were still unhappy with his game? It's a similar situation here. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Agenda confirmed. 

Brendan, and before him Puel, had some faith in his abilities.  "Bullshit movement" indeed.  :rolleyes:

No acknowledgement that he got kicked badly last game, that he is a young developing player, that he might improve. 

No.  No slack cut.  No giving him a break, just Just negative agenda from you. 

We disagree. 

I'm putting you on block with that idiot Wolves fan. 

That's how much we I'm sure won't convince each other.

Enjoy the rest of the season slagging off our young team. 

I don't want to read about it. 

Edited by Vacamion

1 minute ago, Slab Edd said:

The thinking was that he could not look like a freaking donkey. He failed,makes Musa seem like Ronaldinho

Look that stuff is as bad as people saying he should never play again on twitter. None of our wingers have turned up this season, he’s the closest so far. 

A fair critique shouldn’t draw criticism, over the top deserves it.

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

He's done alright. He's not aggressive enough off the ball for me, has varying end product (5 assists and a goal aside) and gives away possession cheaply. I don't doubt that he could rectify his shortcomings over the next year or so, but the list of players who - over time - have made the breakthrough in his position but struggled for goals, consistency, end product and ended up becoming also-rans like Aaron Lennon is greater than the list of players who have really made the grade. I'm hopeful that it will click for him, but he's far from top half PL standard as it stands. 

I said the other day, it’s sad we are relying on him. In reality the pressure shouldn’t be on him yet, but it is because others are worse. (Hello Gray and Perez). 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Look that stuff is as bad as people saying he should never play again on twitter. None of our wingers have turned up this season, he’s the closest so far. 

A fair critique shouldn’t draw criticism, over the top deserves it.

Just because he's the closest winger we have to an actual competent winger doesn't mean he's NOT a donkey. So many times I watched him stand there whiles Liverpool just ran circles around him, We gave Diabate less time before labeling him a flop but Barnes gets this special treatment

• Like 2

He's clearly massively overthinking everything he's doing at the minute. He's definitely good enough, there were times in the 2nd half of last season where he was unplayable skipping past players for fun. I want him to succeed because he seems like a nice normal lad but he needs to start showing that he really wants it when he's out on the pitch.

• Like 1

Barnes has had a few poor games lately but there is a good player in the making. What we as fans have to understand is with young players comes hot and cold performances and questionable decisions. He just played against 2 of the best teams probably ever to grace the premier league. He would benefit from a couple of games on then bench to be taking out of the spot light before his confidence is shot. I’m certain he will come good. I’m more worried by Pérez performances for 35m I think he’s a complete waste of money. 

53 minutes ago, Slab Edd said:

Just because he's the closest winger we have to an actual competent winger doesn't mean he's NOT a donkey. So many times I watched him stand there whiles Liverpool just ran circles around him, We gave Diabate less time before labeling him a flop but Barnes gets this special treatment

Not exactly an abundance of other options 

Whatever his innate abilities, tonight seemed like a 'head gone' performance. Think the miss/clatter against Man City might have been a bit straw/camel's back in terms of his confidence, cos the word that occurred to me tonight was 'hiding' 

Edited by turtmcfly

I just don't get some of the double standards on here sometimes. If Gray was half as bad as Barnes has been recently some people would be screaming for his head! Don't like the argument of Gray having too many chances etc. It's always about current form. 

More concerning is Rodgers continuing to play him when he is a passenger, and if true playing him after injections today. 
he has little impact on the game until the ball hits him and currently even when he has it his confidence isn’t there. On MOTD the replay where Vardy crosses and Robertson clears showed Barnes up for ambling into the box and not aggressively attacking the cross. Then to make things worse he held up his hands like it was a bad cross. I don’t like seeing that  

• Like 2

Looked so out of his depth it was painful. Absolutely terrible showing. Think it's time for a bit of a system switch up until we get another winger in - possibly starting with moving Barnes central, or simply just giving him a bit of time out.

Perez hasn't been the answer either. We are only getting away with this lack of winger contribution because Vardy is having such an extraordinarily good season.