Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Yes he was great for our goal but he's also been sh it defensively and hasn't been offering any help to Chilwell. The reason Mahrez is killing us is because he has acres of space and time, which is why Chilwell needs help from Barnes but Barnes is playing centre midfield!

• Like 1

On 20/12/2019 at 13:55, Leicester_Loyal said:

We do need a world class winger but there's no way the lad should be binned off. Some of you are mad! It'll be Albrighton who makes way for the new signing.

Which is nonsensical.

Barnes deserves a little leeway because he's young and clearly does have some potential. In fact as frustrating as he is he's contributed a lot this season.

Gray and Perez do not have that excuse for their inconsistency (and I'm being kind to Perez there, who is consistently poor) but Albrighton doesn't need an excuse because he's been consistently good for 5 years. Even in cameos this season he's looked better than Perez.

3 minutes ago, Anish said:

Yes he was great for our goal but he's also been sh it defensively and hasn't been offering any help to Chilwell. The reason Mahrez is killing us is because he has acres of space and time, which is why Chilwell needs help from Barnes but Barnes is playing centre midfield!

Exactly the same level of protection as Perez though who's taken every opportunity to have a lie down for a mid game nap.

On 18/12/2019 at 16:23, Gerard said:

What was Mahrez doing at the same age in the 2011/12 season?

Played 9 scored 0 for Le Havre in Ligue 2. 

Barnes is quality and has assisted more than anyone in this team and is finding his feet in his first year of PL football, I'm not sure what people expect from our player to be honest. 

I will be honest I dont get your post.

Are you trying to say we can carry developing players, and why would I care how Mahrez was doing for another team?

Also who has said he has no quality or moaned about his assists?

Your post smacks of "must defend this guy".

As I said before some people seem to get too attached to players.  Another posted replied to me saying they been tracking Barnes from a young age, that is fine, but it kind off shows if you following players for several years you can get attached to them.

To answer your question I expect him to stick what he is best at, the assists.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

On 18/12/2019 at 23:10, dmayne7 said:

Read this thread and compare it to the Perez one. Got some weird fans who'd rather give a £30m signing time than a kid from the youth team. 2 players whilst different in the skillset and individual contribution, are having a similar effect on the overall performance of the team.

Funny I notice the other way round, Perez is been given more negativity whilst Barnes is immune just because we had him in the youth teams.  FT seems to definitely prefer younger players.

• Like 4

On 20/12/2019 at 08:13, adam95581 said:

In fairness, that comment wasn’t really directed at you. It’s more directed at those who’d like to sack him off despite how young he is and now much potential he’s shown. Your points were fair. 

Age shouldnt matter at this level of football.  If you have two similar performing players you give the younger one more slack just because hs is younger?

• Haha 1

On 19/12/2019 at 07:45, eblair said:

this thread is bizarre, he has shown bits of quality and if he had a bit more composure he had 5 goals this season to add to the fact he has most assists in our team this year

vardy scored 5 his first season in the prem, everyone slagging a leicester kid off needs to have a look in the mirror

Did vardy have so many clear cut chances and the same quality of players around him? was he skying shots from inside the box every game?

Not the same comparison really.

On 18/12/2019 at 01:37, jeffschlupp said:

I like Barnes, and as a Leicestershire lad I am desperate for him to do well as we all are.

Some honesty, but just remember it shouldn't come at the expense of the team.

For reference I wish him to do well with us as well.  But there is a line where a player's development cannot cross at the expense of the team for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I will be honest I dont get your post.

Are you trying to say we can carry developing players, and why would I care how Mahrez was doing for another team?

Also who has said he has no quality or moaned about his assists?

Your post smacks of "must defend this guy".

As I said before some people seem to get too attached to players.  Another posted replied to me saying they been tracking Barnes from a young age, that is fine, but it kind off shows if you following players for several years you can get attached to them.

To answer your question I expect him to stick what he is best at, the assists.

We're hardly carrying him. He's not the finished article yet and I'd rather have someone like Barnes in the side who will only get better with experience with the assets he has than have a less able finished article.  You're persecution of him is baffling. 

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goal_assist

• Like 3