Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Things that impress you

Of course - many were expecting a great and well-presented tribute to Vichai and the four other crash victims, but wasn't expecting to see this inside the stadium all the way around the pitch.

Such an emotive but decorative touch after a very unfortunate and horrific incident..

_104258332_leicestertributes_getty.jpg

Also, The Foxes Trust and Foxes Foundation Trust seem very well-run compared to some at 'rival clubs' and brings fans from all parts of the community together with the events they orgamise

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 4

Not properly City specific I suppose, but just how much of a proud sporting city Leicester is. I don’t think there’s a city in the country (not counting London) who has such a rich sporting heritage as us lot - and everyone I’ve met from Leicester usually loves getting behind at least one Leicester sports club/team, no matter what sport it actually is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Manini said:

Not properly City specific I suppose, but just how much of a proud sporting city Leicester is. I don’t think there’s a city in the country (not counting London) who has such a rich sporting heritage as us lot - and everyone I’ve met from Leicester usually loves getting behind at least one Leicester sports club/team, no matter what sport it actually is. 

In the last decade Leicester's seen success with City, riders, tigers, county and the falcons. Incredible really 

And Selby 

Edited by Stadt

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

In the last decade Leicester's seen success with City, riders, tigers, county and the falcons. Incredible really 

Massively. Loads wrong with Leicester (for another day), but sports isn’t part of that in any stretch of the imagination. 

On 05/06/2019 at 23:13, Wymeswold fox said:

Also, The Foxes Trust and Foxes Foundation Trust seem very well-run compared to some at 'rival clubs' and brings fans from all parts of the community together with the events they orgamise

Beg to differ on that - every supporters club we have has been led by the same person for about 10+ years. Very few actions in terms of fan welfare and just seem to be a large mouthpiece for the club. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Beg to differ on that - every supporters club we have has been led by the same person for about 10+ years. Very few actions in terms of fan welfare and just seem to be a large mouthpiece for the club. 

What makes you say that out of interest? 

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What makes you say that out of interest? 

Their appearance in Leicester Mercury occasionally is just non-committal stuff. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fans-latest-away-2694168

Their website contains more match reports and then any fan-engaging work http://foxestrust.co.uk/page/2

No article about the television changes at short notice we endured late on in the season. 

Cliff Ginetta, of the Supporters Club, literally runs a bus of supporters for away games and has the occasional quote in the Mercury. 

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their appearance in Leicester Mercury occasionally is just non-committal stuff. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-fans-latest-away-2694168

Their website contains more match reports and then any fan-engaging work http://foxestrust.co.uk/page/2

No article about the television changes at short notice we endured late on in the season. 

Cliff Ginetta, of the Supporters Club, literally runs a bus of supporters for away games and has the occasional quote in the Mercury. 

The fan groups have consultative meetings with the club regularly. They put forward some good stuff, but almost all of it just gets brushed under the carpet by the club. The club has missed their targets for the level of fan consultation last season. A few people at the trust aren't speaking with the club again until points from the last meetings are addressed. The new pricing banding brought in this season was a result of the Trust and UFS working together and lobbying the club, so progress does get made. Anything that get said about TV changed etc just gets met with you usual, "that's modern football, you just gotta accept it!" type response. 

If you think it should be done differently or you think they are lazy or whatever, then I would implore you to get involved with one of the existing groups, or make your own one, and try and engage in discourse with the club. You'll quite quickly realise how difficult it is and why things take so bloody long to get sorted. 

Not sure what Cliff's bus has got to do with anything, lots of people run buses. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The fan groups have consultative meetings with the club regularly. They put forward some good stuff, but almost all of it just gets brushed under the carpet by the club. The club has missed their targets for the level of fan consultation last season. A few people at the trust aren't speaking with the club again until points from the last meetings are addressed. The new pricing banding brought in this season was a result of the Trust and UFS working together and lobbying the club, so progress does get made. Anything that get said about TV changed etc just gets met with you usual, "that's modern football, you just gotta accept it!" type response. 

If you think it should be done differently or you think they are lazy or whatever, then I would implore you to get involved with one of the existing groups, or make your own one, and try and engage in discourse with the club. You'll quite quickly realise how difficult it is and why things take so bloody long to get sorted. 

Not sure what Cliff's bus has got to do with anything, lots of people run buses. 

To us outsiders we don’t see an awful lot of this. We don’t receive the detail of this. So hence my opinion. If they were vocal with it, I wouldn’t have criticised them but I look at their media outlets and it includes none of this 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To us outsiders we don’t see an awful lot of this. We don’t receive the detail of this. So hence my opinion. If they were vocal with it, I wouldn’t have criticised them but I look at their media outlets and it includes none of this 

Fair enough. They're old school organisations so social media probably isn't their strong point. 

19 hours ago, Manini said:

Massively. Loads wrong with Leicester (for another day), but sports isn’t part of that in any stretch of the imagination. 

Don't think there's that much wrong with Leicester since you bring it up.

Not much to look at maybe, but it's got a bright, tolerant and unconventional vibe to it that I like a lot. 

Punches well above its weight - not just in sport (which it does, massively), but in art,  science, literature and music. 

And i like the accent (which shows you how weird I am, admittedly).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Don't think there's that much wrong with Leicester since you bring it up.

Not much to look at maybe, but it's got a bright, tolerant and unconventional vibe to it that I like a lot. 

Punches well above its weight - not just in sport (which it does, massively), but in art,  science, literature and music. 

And i like the accent (which shows you how weird I am, admittedly).

Just my own personal gripes mate nothing major. It’s home and I’ll defend it to the hilt when backed in to a corner by other people from across the UK, but having lived away for nigh on a decade you notice it’s shortcomings more I suppose! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

Just my own personal gripes mate nothing major. It’s home and I’ll defend it to the hilt when backed in to a corner by other people from across the UK, but having lived away for nigh on a decade you notice it’s shortcomings more I suppose! 

I guess - though I lived away from Leicester from the age of 17 to about 40. Away from England for a lot of it. Made me appreciate it more, if anything.

I have to say that following Leicester home and away (as often as I can manage) for many years now, the supporters I’ve met, beeen alongside, chatted to and got to know have been great. Always found fellow Leicester supporters to be excellent and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed their company. 

Not sure why it gets so fractious on here at times, maybe it’s just the way blokes communicate on a keyboard. The female contributors don’t seem to have the same problem posting less confrontationally. 

• 4 months later...
On 06/06/2019 at 18:22, Manini said:

Fair point. However it does seem like there's some sort of unwritten rule that City and Tigers aren't allowed to be good at the same time. The year being 1997 being an obvious exception of course. 

23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Fair point. However it does seem like there's some sort of unwritten rule that City and Tigers aren't allowed to be good at the same time. The year being 1997 being an obvious exception of course. 

I’m not a rugby man, but a lot of tigers fans who I know have said they’ve seen this slump coming for years - even when they were winning trophy after trophy, they knew it wasn’t sustainable success given how the club was run and who was pulling the strings behind the scenes (and the salary cap). I don’t know how true that is mind. 

Our ascent up the ladder almost came out of nowhere didn’t it - I thought the Thai owners would ruin us. That thought aged well! 

Is weird though, I’ll give you that.