Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Things that impress you

In my lifetime, in terms of trophies we beat Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham, Leeds and absolutely loads of others, in-fact we're bettered by only five clubs.

To say we've got the make-up of a quite average sized club, that's actually some going.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The appointment of Brendan Rodgers was superb and to get him before the end of the season showed real intent.

That's a fair point. Have to admire that we had him lined up being sacking Puel and did everything we could to get him in as soon as possible. I've been very critical of us in the past for sacking a manager and it looking like we don't have anyone lined up.

• Like 1

These last few seasons...

Against all none believers....pulling the high performances out of the bag...when some posters join in the doubters-train ..Vardy,Schmeichel & Morgan

Plus  one our youngest players putting cartons of egg on their faces of non-believers...when pathetically judging Ben-Chilwell-career,he ignored these doubters to become a strong member of Leicester and now England teams ....Many .forgetting youth needs patience!!! & from the terraces + forum..Support with encouragement..!!!

Great to see through the cynicism of this generation of forum supporters...That through the mist of Weekend-knee-jerk-music...Our players who we should be

Supported...come through like blue-bravehearts and prove more weeks than not... we have a good group of players!!!

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

Ok I’ll bite mate? ordinarily I agree with you. I like it that our fan base is made up of different people, different ages, gender backgrounds etc. and I have no problem with people enjoying football the way they want. 

I’ve had my ST in various parts of the ground for over 10 years now and joining in with the songs and general cacophony has been no problem at all. 

This last year the area I’ve sat for the past 4 seasons has increasingly become like a snooker audience without the occasional applause. Now, as I said, each to his own, who am I to suggest how people should behave as part of a football crowd. Some of my own family and friends watch football that way. Fair enough.  I’m with you on that. 

The problem is, that on several occasions when we’ve tried to bellow along with chants, we’ve been looked at like we’re aliens from another planet and even laughed at. Again, it doesn’t bother me greatly, but if that trend continues the atmosphere at the ground is going to get quieter season on season until we become paid up members of the noise abatement society. 

One of the great joys of the Championship title, great escape, Premier League title and Champions League seasons was the electric atmosphere home and away. I’d be sad to lose that. 

By the way, as I think if you moan about something you should be prepared to do something about it, we’re relocating next year to SK1 and will be singing at the top of our very loud voices , which is why we got laughed at in the first place?

I personally feel the atmosphere in the ground has lifted since Brendan took over and to make it clear I am in my mid 50s and am still vocal but some aren't!

I truly don't believe it's as bad as some make out but yes like a lot of things it could be better!

I wouldn't describe it as shit though!

Strange looks, laughed at and treated like aliens for singing and shouting.....Directors Box? :P

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I personally feel the atmosphere in the ground has lifted since Brendan took over and to make it clear I am in my mid 50s and am still vocal but some aren't!

I truly don't believe it's as bad as some make out but yes like a lot of things it could be better!

I wouldn't describe it as shit though!

Strange looks, laughed at and treated like aliens for singing and shouting.....Directors Box? :P

Perhaps I’m just unlucky with where I sit, but no, it’s East stand rather than West. 

I haven’t said it’s shit by the way, just deteriorated where I am. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

It's no 3 legged fox tho.

I guess it's when you grow up - for me the fox & crops in the 4-point shield is the real badge. Distinctive & unique.

In fact, the only beef I had with our title-winning and CL season was the prominence of our current emblem. For me it looks a bit generic,

Minor thing, maybe, but it kind of rankles with me,

• Thanks 1