Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

I’ve rather confused and upset

The best league in the World is back! The A league!

But who, the fook, are Western United FC?

I’m looking at the fixtures and the teams and am perplexed! Western United have never appeared in the table!?

Plus, they have my favourite A league player in the side... Besart Berisha... who had gone to play in Asia?

Please explain... someone...

:(

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve rather confused and upset

The best league in the World is back! The A league!

But who, the fook, are Western United FC?

I’m looking at the fixtures and the teams and am perplexed! Western United have never appeared in the table!?

Plus, they have my favourite A league player in the side... Besart Berisha... who had gone to play in Asia?

Please explain... someone...

:(

A new side from Melbourne. Their first season in. 

They've signed a lot of players with experience but unsure on how they'll do! 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not partaking because Sharkey isn't on it. 

But please tell me Three Lungs is Park Ji Sung lol

He absolutely is lol

I could have been there all day trying to guess The Little Witch and The Son of The Wind, among others. The Italians seem to love a nickname so I look forward to seeing what Chris Smalling is named by the Romans. 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

He absolutely is lol

I could have been there all day trying to guess The Little Witch and The Son of The Wind, among others. The Italians seem to love a nickname so I look forward to seeing what Chris Smalling is named by the Romans. 

Why do I get the distinct fear that "King Kong", from Italy, is going to be rather Thracianesque. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Didn't know where else to post this - but found this quiz earlier for those European/World Football fans. Bit of a test!

https://www.sporcle.com/games/FourFourTwo_/50-footballer-nicknames 

Great quiz!

Only got 31 but it made me realise Argentinians love a nick-name don't they?!

Can't believe I didn't get Three Lungs Ji-Sung.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Great quiz!

Only got 31 but it made me realise Argentinians love a nick-name don't they?!

Can't believe I didn't get Three Lungs Ji-Sung.

Yeah it's a real struggle towards the end!

I'd feel almost offended if I were an Argentinan or Italian footballer and didn't have some nonsense nickname. 

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Gave up on 33/50, missed some sitters

Still a decent effort. Some players that you wouldn't even think to mention/be worthy of a nickname thrown in. 

• Like 1

Betis were my adopted Spanish team when I first got sky sports and used to be glued to La Liga and Revista every week. 

I remember one of the best nicknames of a player being Juan Pablo Caffa who was something like El Violinista Viaducto because he pretended to play the violin when he scored. Bizarre but cool. I've no idea what the viaduct bit is about. 

Oh and also:

Vicenzo-Montella-Roma.jpg

:wub:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Betis were my adopted Spanish team when I first got sky sports and used to be glued to La Liga and Revista every week. 

I remember one of the best nicknames of a player being Juan Pablo Caffa who was something like El Violinista Viaducto because he pretended to play the violin when he scored. Bizarre but cool. I've no idea what the viaduct bit is about. 

Oh and also:

Vicenzo-Montella-Roma.jpg

:wub:

Ahh I loved Montella. Remember when he signed for Fulham and scored against us in the FA Cup, a little bit of me did enjoy seeing that celebration even though it was against us.

Love seeing pictures like that too, there's something about late 90s/early 2000s Italian football that is so satisfying. Not entirely sure how it will ever happen, but I still have aspirations of scoring, jumping over the advertising hoardings, running down the athletics track and into the fans Serie A style. Probably not going to happen down 6aside, but you never know. 

Image result for as roma athletics track goal celebration

• Haha 1