Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

These tifosi are fvcked up. Now go to such great lengths to excuse the fact that they are indeed using homophobic and racist chants in a football stadium (a private environment controlled by the club, so not even a public space).

Don't even get to the point where they realize that there's about 999 other ways to support your own club or sing different chants. Incredible.

Clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their fans, no different in Italy. Sadly, the owners and the league down there approach this half-heartedly or not at all, either because they fear repercussions (the ultra scene is strong) and/or because they are in parts in bed with the ultras themselves (ultras controlling the club to some extent or clubs collaborating with ultras).

I mean, in what other country can you bring a scooter to a football match, light it on fire and throw it (or sinks) down the stands without anyone interfering?

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

The ultras group in question I believe are a small sub section and not the ‘main groups’.

I’m in no way excusing their message which is vile and abhorrent. Just feel that it should be pointed out that this group I would well imagine is fairly small and certainly does not have the kudos to speak on behalf of the full curva.

Racism in Italian grounds is rearing it’s ugly head. The clubs, Italian FA and the fan scenes themselves all need to work together to stamp it out.

Edited by SemperEadem

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Racism in Italian grounds is making rearing it’s ugly head. The clubs, Italian FA and the fan scenes themselves all need to work together to stamp it out.

My fear about this is that the Italian FA aren't usually that quick to condemn such chants or gestures. 

It all seems too normalised for them to actually do anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If monkey chants aren't racist, them what is?..

UEFA will need yo make a massive stand on this,

The actual act of monkey chanting is not their point, they know it's racist, they are just saying they don't actually believe in what they are doing it is all sport.

Essentially, I am not racist in a normal walk of life and I don't believe any of the stuff I chant at you, I am purely doing it to upset you as you are playing against my team and get in your head, this is the Italian way, you should take it as a compliment we feel the need to do this to you, Therefore it is ok. Go and tackle the real racists instead of the ones just trying to piss of an opposition player.

Which is obviously ridiculous but there we are.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 03/09/2019 at 16:45, StanSP said:

This is just fvcked up. 

Inter's own fans (ultras) basically saying 'what we do is racist, but not in the way you think it is, in a football stadium things are different, so stop your moaning. Welcome, have a great time here!'

EDkImtrXoAADN5y?format=png&name=small

EDkImtsX4AE5zhS?format=png&name=small

Do they make monkey noises to italian players or other white players seeing as its not racist??Just curios? Would be effed up if they did but either way its racist not banter.

12 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Do they make monkey noises to italian players or other white players seeing as its not racist??Just curios? Would be effed up if they did but either way its racist not banter.

Well no, because that wouldn't upset them. Probably say their mother's a whore or something

On 04/09/2019 at 16:24, Manwell Pablo said:

The actual act of monkey chanting is not their point, they know it's racist, they are just saying they don't actually believe in what they are doing it is all sport.

Essentially, I am not racist in a normal walk of life and I don't believe any of the stuff I chant at you, I am purely doing it to upset you as you are playing against my team and get in your head, this is the Italian way, you should take it as a compliment we feel the need to do this to you, Therefore it is ok. Go and tackle the real racists instead of the ones just trying to piss of an opposition player.

Which is obviously ridiculous but there we are.

On 04/09/2019 at 09:18, MC Prussian said:

These tifosi are fvcked up. Now go to such great lengths to excuse the fact that they are indeed using homophobic and racist chants in a football stadium (a private environment controlled by the club, so not even a public space).

Don't even get to the point where they realize that there's about 999 other ways to support your own club or sing different chants. Incredible.

Clubs should be held accountable for the behaviour of their fans, no different in Italy. Sadly, the owners and the league down there approach this half-heartedly or not at all, either because they fear repercussions (the ultra scene is strong) and/or because they are in parts in bed with the ultras themselves (ultras controlling the club to some extent or clubs collaborating with ultras).

I mean, in what other country can you bring a scooter to a football match, light it on fire and throw it (or sinks) down the stands without anyone interfering?

On 04/09/2019 at 09:44, SemperEadem said:

The ultras group in question I believe are a small sub section and not the ‘main groups’.

I’m in no way excusing their message which is vile and abhorrent. Just feel that it should be pointed out that this group I would well imagine is fairly small and certainly does not have the kudos to speak on behalf of the full curva.

Racism in Italian grounds is rearing it’s ugly head. The clubs, Italian FA and the fan scenes themselves all need to work together to stamp it out.

On 04/09/2019 at 10:09, StanSP said:

My fear about this is that the Italian FA aren't usually that quick to condemn such chants or gestures. 

It all seems too normalised for them to actually do anything about it. 

On 04/09/2019 at 14:43, Wymeswold fox said:

If monkey chants aren't racist, them what is?..

UEFA will need yo make a massive stand on this,

Just goes to Show with the Italians & Spanish ,Eastern Europe, ( only slight improved in N.Europe)

Why FIFA authorities have been struggling to cut Racism homophobic chants out, it is still  rife in Organisations & Deep in the terraces Psych,they dont

believe there is anything wrong.....and shouldnt hurt anybody.  Even in our very own Political classes...!!!

They are all Part of it....

Maybe just maybe,without warning, & within a weekend of football,during all Matches all "ism" participants Wwide  should Stop playing football,walk Off the pitch,for 30 minutes.....And all agree Not to accept to pay Any incurring fine..!!!...And all fans,to ask to leave the Stadium at halftime....

Or is that too much of an inconvenience,to Rally around and Protest against something that is so evil!!! 

Or refuse to Stay inside,or go into a Nite-Club/establishment refusing entry to anybody on racist grounds..!!!

I am & have been Sick & tired,how peoples Nights/weekends have been ruined,because 1-2 of your group of friends have been refused entry,or abused..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Icardi's not fully fit, i'm a bit confused why they signed him in all honesty

Fair. 

He's phenomenal if you can actually get him in a team where he's happy and the team are happy with him. 

Seems like a ridiculous match with them though. Too many egos already. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Fair. 

He's phenomenal if you can actually get him in a team where he's happy and the team are happy with him. 

Seems like a ridiculous match with them though. Too many egos already. 

I rate Papa Icardi, love him in fact, if he had the right head on his shoulder's he'd probably be the most clinical striker in europe, but then there's no fun in a sane Icardi. But considering how toxic Neymar has been, adding Icardi to the mix seems a bit daft lol doesn't strike me as a player Tuchel would've been gagging for , I don't think he suits their style either. He probably ends up in Naples next season, unless he has a proper bad season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Jonathan Pearce doing more European league games on BT this year can get in the ****ing bin. 

Also why the **** are PSG playing Chupo Moting over Icardi vs Lyon lol

I used to quite like Pearce but he's definitely firmly sat in the Peter Drury bracket of loving his own voice now, unfortunately.

If anyone's interested, FreeSports have a few European games over the next couple of weeks (they usually only have MLS and the odd French Ligue 1 game?)

25th Sept - Napoli vs Cagliari (8pm)

27th Sept - Villarreal vs Real Betis (8pm)

28th Sept - Sassuolo vs Atalanta (7.45pm)

29th Sept - Lazio vs Genoa (2pm)

4th Oct - Real Betis vs Eibar (8pm)
5th Oct - Genoa vs AC Milan (7.45pm)

Not sure how/why they've picked up some games from Italy/Spain but no complaints from me!