Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I can see Leipzig sadly challenging if they can keep some bottle against Bayern and Dortmund. 

Good to see Bilbao off to a great start 

They looked good, Forsberg is class. I don't care who wins the league as long as it's not Bayern.

I'm normally quite traditional when it comes to these clubs that bought their way up the league but I like Leipzig and the model they've adopted. Good to see a big club from East Germany go for the title as well.

At least they won't directly sell their best players to Bayern either. Dortmund & everyone else jump straight into bed with them which continues this monopoly.

2 hours ago, Frost said:

They looked good, Forsberg is class. I don't care who wins the league as long as it's not Bayern.

I'm normally quite traditional when it comes to these clubs that bought their way up the league but I like Leipzig and the model they've adopted. Good to see a big club from East Germany go for the title as well.

At least they won't directly sell their best players to Bayern either. Dortmund & everyone else jump straight into bed with them which continues this monopoly.

Anybody but Dortmund, Schalke or Leipzig.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Dortmund lost away at Union 3.1

First Bundesliga win for the newbies. :thumbup:

So happy for Union, wonderful football club with a fantastic and lively support. So unique, so positive.

Shame it had to be against Dortmund.

Pyro on both sides were too much, though. And there were a couple of unwanted elements in the Union sector near the away fans, provoking, hiding behind masks.

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

icardi to psg. should be fun. 

If Icardi actually gets service, in that league he could be hilariously dominant. 

Will require Neymar and Mbappe to actually let him score more than then though. 

It's a shame he's a head case really, if he wasn't he'd be at Juve or Real or Atleti or something but nobody wants the Maurito Wanda circus in town. 

Except predictably PSG. 

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If Icardi actually gets service, in that league he could be hilariously dominant. 

Will require Neymar and Mbappe to actually let him score more than then though. 

It's a shame he's a head case really, if he wasn't he'd be at Juve or Real or Atleti or something but nobody wants the Maurito Wanda circus in town. 

Except predictably PSG. 

He'd be nowhere near Barca even if he wasn't a head case. If he was born 10 or 15 years earlier he'd have a better career but now most elite sides wouldn't want a player that does nothing in 89 minutes but scores in the other.

43 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He'd be nowhere near Barca even if he wasn't a head case. If he was born 10 or 15 years earlier he'd have a better career but now most elite sides wouldn't want a player that does nothing in 89 minutes but scores in the other.

I didn't say Barca. 

I don't see him being a Barca fit, even Zlatan wasn't and he's much more technical. 

I also don't know that he'd be keen to go to Barca, given the way he left. 

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I didn't say Barca. 

I don't see him being a Barca fit, even Zlatan wasn't and he's much more technical. 

I also don't know that he'd be keen to go to Barca, given the way he left. 

I completely misread your post tbf

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I completely misread your post tbf

No danger. He's a La Masia graduate that left like Keita Balde did, thinking he was bigger than the club and deserved first team football. 

Think it worked out better for Icardi and Pogba than Keita and Ravel Morrison tbf. 

He was supposedly close with Messi as a kid but I've read loads over the last few years about how he doesn't get in the national team because Messi and the in crowd don't like him. It's probably a mix of tabloid drama and some kind of truth.