Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It's a fairly big deal for non-European teams tbf. Hopefully the change of format adds a bit more prestige

My mate from Brazil messaged me (he is a Flamengo supporter) and he basically asked about how good Liverpool are. He mentioned that this competition is massive down there in S America. His words "biggest thing in the galaxy for us".

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

My mate from Brazil messaged me (he is a Flamengo supporter) and he basically asked about how good Liverpool are. He mentioned that this competition is massive down there in S America. His words "biggest thing in the galaxy for us".

Tin pot micky mouse cup then

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yeah but if you're Boston United, the second round of the FA Cup against Rochdale is biggest thing in the galaxy. 

Everything is relative. 

Obviously if you're not European, a chance to beat a European club brings enormous prestige. But it's lose lose for European teams. If you win, so what, if you lose, L O L. 

It's at a terrible time of year, its sold to god awful, blatantly ultra capitalist locations to make money and spin marketing. 

If they want Europe to take it more seriously, for a start you could bring it to Europe during our off season or something. I mean surely if you're like Papau New Guinea FC or whatever, you'd rather a chance to play at the San Siro in a "world cup" than Qatar or Dubai or Japan or something. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but if you're Boston United, the second round of the FA Cup against Rochdale is biggest thing in the galaxy. 

Everything is relative. 

Obviously if you're not European, a chance to beat a European club brings enormous prestige. But it's lose lose for European teams. If you win, so what, if you lose, L O L. 

It's at a terrible time of year, its sold to god awful, blatantly ultra capitalist locations to make money and spin marketing. 

If they want Europe to take it more seriously, for a start you could bring it to Europe during our off season or something. I mean surely if you're like Papau New Guinea FC or whatever, you'd rather a chance to play at the San Siro in a "world cup" than Qatar or Dubai or Japan or something. 

Just stating what people outside of our "bubble" think. Agree or disagree.

Also, S American Champions League equivalent only finished the week before so it's straight into the "super final". Liverpool qualified for this 6 months ago.

I think only @Col city fan watches A-League so I hope he's watching today lol

Western Sydney were winning 3-1 in to stoppage time. 

Adelaide get a penalty in the 93rd minute through VAR overturning ref decision and score it to make it 3-2.

Adelaide then get another penalty in the 97th minute after ref missed a handball and VAR gives it. Georgevski (WSW) decides to walk off and then they miss they penalty anywaylol

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Adelaide get a penalty in the 93rd minute through VAR overturning ref decision and score it to make it 3-2.

Adelaide then get another penalty in the 97th minute after ref missed a handball and VAR gives it. Georgevski (WSW) decides to walk off and then they miss they penalty anywaylol

I was still waking up after a rare lie-in, but this was absorbing entertainment.

On 27/12/2019 at 10:38, StanSP said:

We love our A league footy young Stan! Never a dull moment...

On 01/01/2020 at 22:02, Col city fan said:

We love our A league footy young Stan! Never a dull moment...

Hope you're watching again :D 

Melbourne City 3-0 up, cruising. They've now given away 2 penalties in 2 minutes!

EDIT: Oh and now Delbridge's yellow card has been turned in to a red!

Edited by StanSP

Boca moving to a wanky bowl - not sure if it'll be built where the current Bombonera is, or it'll be elsewhere in Buenos Aires. Surely not enough space for this unless they flatten a few things in the proximity of the current gaff.

It looks shit in all.

ENhlKs2W4AAPQA5?format=jpg&name=small

ENeaShAWoAEhpso?format=jpg&name=small

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Langston said:

Boca moving to a wanky bowl - not sure if it'll be built where the current Bombonera is, or it'll be elsewhere in Buenos Aires. Surely not enough space for this unless they flatten a few things in the proximity of the current gaff.

It looks shit in all.

ENhlKs2W4AAPQA5?format=jpg&name=small

ENeaShAWoAEhpso?format=jpg&name=small

Is it made out of Legos?

• Haha 1

More drama in the A-League. Perfect for some Sunday mornings lol

Central Coast losing 2-1 as we approach stoppage time. Matt Simon and Traore go head to head and look like they're gonna explode. 

Then 2 penalties given to Central Coast in stoppage time and both are scored to win the game. 

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

More drama in the A-League. Perfect for some Sunday mornings lol

Central Coast losing 2-1 as we approach stoppage time. Matt Simon and Traore go head to head and look like they're gonna explode. 

Then 2 penalties given to Central Coast in stoppage time and both are scored to win the game. 

👍