Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ideally in a baggy Lotto shirt of questionable taste. 

parma.jpg

Man that Parma side was ridiculous. You mentioned being glued to La Liga/Revista - I was glued to Italian football around that late 90s/early 00s period and Parma were a big reason for that.

The other reason being Football Italia :wub:

How can you not love this?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah my La Liga obsession came later, we never had sky when I was a kid so Football Italia was the makings of me as a football hipster. Same as a few on here really @David Guiza @Miquel The Work Geordie etc 

I've said before, Parma were my team predominantly because they played in yellow, not even gonna pretend it was anything else. Same reason that Dortmund were my favourite team after they won the European Cup lol

• Like 1

I managed 36 on that nickname quiz, was adamant one of the Ghanians was Stephen Appiah so spent a good minute and a half typing in variations on spellings of his surname. Don't want to spoil it for anyone else but he isn't on the list.

-----

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah my La Liga obsession came later, we never had sky when I was a kid so Football Italia was the makings of me as a football hipster. Same as a few on here really @David Guiza @Miquel The Work Geordie etc 

Oh baby Batistuta scoring at Old Trafford is the one non-City or England goal I've genuinely ever celebrated, I'd have been 9, Fiorentina got hammered as well. Remember that side being taken apart once they were in the shit, never liked Roma for poaching him. Haven't kept up with it with it for the last decade or so though, seems a bit bloody boring now with Juve winning the lot every year. I liked Modena for a bit after doing a decent Master League with them on an old PES

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Union Berlin v Hertha Berlin tomorrow should be a cracker 

Read the article on Union on BBC and was quite an eye opener. Didn't really know much about them at all before reading it. They owe a lot to their fans! 

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Madness. Only ten matches played, and just four points behind Gladbach.

I guess his recent complimentary comments about Eintracht Frankfurt fans ultimately brought it all to an end.

Yeah it was nothing to do with the fact he’s been universally unpopular since he rocked up there 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah it was nothing to do with the fact he’s been universally unpopular since he rocked up there 

Bit simplistic. Won the Bundesliga title (catching up on Dortmund after a nine-point deficit) and DFB Pokal at the first time of asking.

Questions should be raised regarding the Bayern board of directors and the rest of the management team. Players had been complaining about new signings for quite a while.

I don't absolve Kovac from any involvement, there are just way more people involved in the "demise". Again, four points difference after ten matches is nothing.

Bayern just strike me as a very odd club. How do you top being so dominating in the Bundesliga and in Europe?

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why are St Etienne playing in a half empty ground? Both ends are closed. Where the nutters normally sit. 

Security issues apparently.

Been like that since their last home game. Eerie listening to it when the ultras would be going at it usually!

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Bit simplistic. Won the Bundesliga title (catching up on Dortmund after a nine-point deficit) and DFB Pokal at the first time of asking.

Questions should be raised regarding the Bayern board of directors and the rest of the management team. Players had been complaining about new signings for quite a while.

I don't absolve Kovac from any involvement, there are just way more people involved in the "demise". Again, four points difference after ten matches is nothing.

Bayern just strike me as a very odd club. How do you top being so dominating in the Bundesliga and in Europe?

When you coach Bayern it is different to other clubs in the Bundesliga. There is an expectation to win. I liked Kovac as aperson but I feel he was to honest and straightforward and the players in the end didn't get him. It showed on the pitch, I don't enjoy watching them really, completely chaotic at the back and midfield. Going forward we have lots of strengths but are also very reliant on Lewandowski.

Let's see what happens now but the pressure was building on Kovac, and the board of directors are pretty ruthless. Apparently they all sat down with Kovac yesterday and discussed between them, and it was actually Kovac who offered to resign as he could see things weren't working out. Shows what a man he is. Wish him all the best in his next role. Premier League next? He would certainly do well I think.

Turns out Bayern used pretty much the exact same wording for the exit of Kovac than they used for Ancelotti. lol

And Lewandowski requires groin surgery, he'll try to continue to play for the club until the international break.

Edited by MC Prussian