Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How on earth is Lucien Favre still in a job. 

His own face I think summed everything up.

Definitely won't have that face when he gets the German equivalent of a P45 slapped on his desk. 

For all the talent in this Dortmund side, to be losing like that at half-time, home to the bottom club who have only scored 11 goals all season, is embarrassingly bad.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

His own face I think summed everything up.

Definitely won't have that face when he gets the German equivalent of a P45 slapped on his desk. 

For all the talent in this Dortmund side, to be losing like that at half-time, home to the bottom club who have only scored 11 goals all season, is embarrassingly bad.

He should have been sacked after their capitulation last year. 

You cannot be a major force in football if you can't defend. Why they thought Hummels would fix that idk. 

They're brilliant going forward when they're on form but just commical at the back. 

They could win this 6-3 and he should still be sacked tbqh. 

Comeback complete but still think Favre needs to go. Shambles today. Struggled to the 3 goals they scored and it's only because Paderborn's naivety and inexperience of winning a game has let them down.

Dortmund have still been poor despite the comeback.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

How on earth is Lucien Favre still in a job. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Comeback complete but still think Favre needs to go. Shambles today. Struggled to the 3 goals they scored and it's only because Paderborn's naivety and inexperience of winning a game has let them down.

Dortmund have still been poor despite the comeback.

lol

Overreaction much?

There's still so many points to play for, the league this season is as open as probably never before.

I'd wait until we approach the two-thirds mark.

28 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

lol

Overreaction much?

There's still so many points to play for, the league this season is as open as probably never before.

Mate. Their style of football is terrible. For all the good players Dortmund have, they're being held back by Favre.

So many points to play for but how many will Dortmund get under Favre if they play like that? 

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

lol

Overreaction much?

Oh climb out of his arse, we get it, he's Swiss. Mark Hughes is Welsh, I've got the honesty to admit he's crap. 

One of the biggest clubs in Europe hired a sixty year old man whose never won anything of note in his life, it was a huge gamble and its not paid off.

This is the second time in a couple of weeks you've had a moan about completely valid criticism of Dortmund. They are defensively utterly terrible, you show yourself up as either having not actually watched them or not actually understanding football if you're denying that. You'll struggle to find any neutral pundit or pro who thinks he should still be in a job there. 

There were "plenty of points to play for" when we sacked Ranieri. What exactly is your argument? That no manager should get sacked until they're mathematically relegated? I'm glad you don't run a football club. 

I iterate what I've said previously, I like Dortmund both as a club and as this current team. They're great to watch and I wish them every success. But they're not getting any with him in charge. 

If he survives to still be the manager come Monday it'll only be because there's such a short turn around to a key CL game. He's going imminently. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

lol

Overreaction much?

Before the season I had Dortmund to really make an impact on the league. They were superb last year but fell short at the end. However, they made some really good additions. They should already be top.

And this comes from a Bayern fan. No argument that the Bundesliga is wide open this season and even for me that is a welcome thing. To be honest, until last season it became a little boring that no one was really able to challenge Bayern.