Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

18 months 

Nope, 2 and a half year deal :huh: Wouldn't have been my choice but can’t do anything about it. It’s a poor league and our squad should gain promotion, it’s as simple as that. We’re still getting 30,000 for home games which is absolutely staggering tbh. 

7 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Nope, 2 and a half year deal :huh: Wouldn't have been my choice but can’t do anything about it. It’s a poor league and our squad should gain promotion, it’s as simple as that. We’re still getting 30,000 for home games which is absolutely staggering tbh

You lot are gluttons for punishment.

• Haha 1

What an odd team Grimsby are, beat leaders and unbeaten Exeter 3-1 on their own ground not long ago, now having lost at winless and bottom of the table Stevenage last week, they've been hammered 4-0 at Blundell Park by struggling Leyton Orient.

Edited by Tuna

Ipswich not really done anything at Accrington so far. Thought this was to be their first defeat but it says on BBC table they've already lost, I must have missed that result..

Edit: Just realised it is a live updated table lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

why was Accrington Stanley vs Ipswich played today?

Not sure, but Accrington sure won't mind it (obviously with the unexpected win) with some useful £ they'll get with Sky cameras being there.

Good to see the Tractor Boys back to winning ways and top of the league in League 1. And ruining Sol Campbell's first game in charge at Southend! lol

Some teams you wouldn't expect near the top in that league - Wycombe, Fleetwood (although think they are megabucks these days) and Oxford and also Cov surprisingly good so far!

And Northampton creeping up towards playoffs in L2 hope they can make it.

On 26/10/2019 at 19:08, The Horse's Mouth said:

Ipswich can rot there for all I care, any club who turns on Mick McCarthy deserves Paul Lambert

thats such a boring Talksport sort of viewpoint. We would turn on Mick having to watch his dross every week. The negativity towards Puel whose teams were six times more exciting than McCarthy is proof of that

Try watching an Ireland game, and paying for that.

Have total sympathy with Ipswich fans, even if ultimately they went down

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

thats such a boring Talksport sort of viewpoint. We would turn on Mick having to watch his dross every week. The negativity towards Puel whose teams were six times more exciting than McCarthy is proof of that

Try watching an Ireland game, and paying for that.

Have total sympathy with Ipswich fans, even if ultimately they went down

Bit different, Puel had a premier league budget, state of the art facilities. What McCarthy did with Ipswich under the budget restrictions he was under is remarkable, they made playoffs twice while completely relying on signing journeymen footballers. It's fine disliking the style and I completely get wanting a change but the way he was treated left a bitter taste for me